New Revolution Pics From GDC

N64 backwards compatibility:shiftyninja:a:

It does look about the right size for the N64 carts. It could also be a slot for the GC disks...though I doubt that.

You will be able to downlaod the n64 games from the wifi with the revolution. they will not need to add compatibility for the cartridges. That is most likely the slots for the SD cards.

Maybe it's just me but the colour scheme :pinch: not nice. The size is pretty amazing though but I'm not a fan of the controllers.

Still looks promising though.

It does look about the right size for the N64 carts. It could also be a slot for the GC disks...though I doubt that.

No, the actual disk loading slot can be used for GC disks. The slot under the disk slot I believe is used for memory cards. I think they said they were going to use SD card? I dont remember.

is it really slanted like that or is it on its dock thingy , cause if it is slanted it kinda bothers me, also i dont like the controller design but i give them props for unique design

Wow :D :D :D

Does anyone know what that port is under the DVD drive?

4 Gamecube Ports, 2 Gamecube Memory card ports, 1 Revolution SD memory card port.

Gamecube games can be played with original Gamecube controllers and your existing saved games on your memory card can be used with it.

The Gamecube cds load into the same tray as Rev games... This is one of the unique technologies in the Rev.

As well. I can't comment on the potential use of the usb ports, but Nintendo always puts expansion slots on their systems ever since the NES. But I'm sure any controller addon's they make will either plug into the existing Rev controller OR it will be compatible with the wireless system in the Revolution. I think besides a slightly revised controller design after they get some feedback the only big news to come out from the controller camp will be new game-specific-controller-addons.

Anyone else notice that the lower case 'a' and 'b' buttons have been replaced with 'X' and 'Y'? The 'a' and 'b' letters are now moved to the side, for use when you turn the Revolution control 90 degrees.

Anyone else notice that the lower case 'a' and 'b' buttons have been replaced with 'X' and 'Y'? The 'a' and 'b' letters are now moved to the side, for use when you turn the Revolution control 90 degrees.

Wow you got an sharp eye, i didn't notice that one.

I'm just saying what i think of it. To each their own. You like it, i don't, oh well.

Tsk tsk, haven't you learned by now that opinions aren't allowed in these kind of threads unless it's the same as everyone elses? Haha, I think the controller looks a bit odd myself. I don't think I like it. The console itself looks amazing though. I'd be interested to see how they packed the power they claim it has into a box so small.

Some people have suggested that, as "Go" means "Five" in Japanese, it is referring to the Revolution, as it will be the fifth home console that Nintendo has released. If it were true hopefully it would be localised when released in English-territories, as "Nintendo Go" echoes the Pok?mon anime. Additionally, if it were called the "Nintendo Five" it may be shortened to "The N5", which was its codename prior to Revolution.>

I KNEW IT! Ok pplz pay up now;))

4 Gamecube Ports, 2 Gamecube Memory card ports, 1 Revolution SD memory card port.

Nope, incorrect. Those ports you mentioned are on the top side of the console, as you can see in this pic from IGN:

igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023043410.jpg

The slot below the disc should be for SD cards, and possibly the DVD-movie dongle. The rest of what you said is acurate, though.