Competition: Logo needed for hosting company

Question

Third time is a charm eh folks? I've got the funding, I've got the people, now I just need the logo!

HostFalcon.com, an internet service provider specializing in small business site hosting, has commissioned a contest to create a new and unique branding for their soon be opened business.

The winning logo will help set the tone for the layout, color and theme for the rest of the company web presence.

The contest will run for an undetermined length of time and participants from around the Internet community are encouraged to enter.

First prize is $40 AND 6 months of free hosting on a basic HostFalcon plan. Two runners up will receive 25% off any plan for three months.

Winners will be decided exclusively by the management of HostFalcon.

Requirements

The name of the company (HostFalcon) should be present on any logo design along with our slogan (Set your sites higher) if deemed feasible by the designer.

The branding elements should be on a white background and be easily applied to any white or light gray without recoloring. Any text used should be a sans-serif font. HostFalcon prefers the use of a simple and minimalist design.

Only Photoshop importable formats will be accepted.

Uses

The winning branding will be used on our website, in online and possible print advertisements, letter headers, company shirts, business cards, etc.

Exclusive rights must be provided to us by the author.

Good luck!

NeoRequest: http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=871

Additional Information

The following issues have come up through the thread.

- A cash prize has been added.

- You can submit as many variations or alternative designs as you wish.

- Please keep the negitive comments on other peoples work to yourself.

- Please do not ask for public feedback from me on your submission.

APRIL 3 UPDATE: The entry process is now closed. Unless you come up with something breathtaking we're going to use what we've taken so far and make a choice from there. We have narrowed the field down to about 5 logos that stand out from the rest as being the type of branding we'd be able to use and would help set us apart a bit from our competitors.

I have no timeline on getting a winner announced. Of course I'll let everyone know when that happens.

Thanks everyone for the great submissions, you've made it really hard for the judges to choose a winner.

Edited by Marshalus

225 answers to this question

Guess my design wasnt what yous were looking for...I always thought a logo that would be on paper, tshirts, etc should be a simple two color without any gradients because it would be cheaper to print :o

Yeah, it depends on what you print on, but it should be designed so that if there is a gradiant that it could be easily removed and still maintain the integrity of the design.

Edited by Marshalus

to those commenting on my comments about the 10 layers - i didn't mean to say that having that many layers made my design in any way better, as andre's latest submission is much better than mine imo, and uses 2 layers with solid fills as far as i can see.

i was just making a point that mine was definitely not clipart, as a rebuttal against Moshin Naqi. I'm just going to leave this thread now, as I don't wish to continue the arguement and I don't believe I can beat some of the other logos that have been submitted.

again, big (Y) @ andre's.

Ok a new one from me, same bird I used in another one of my designs. I've modified it and used the American colours to represent your company.

post-59176-1143850772.jpg

post-59176-1143850786.jpg

Edited by ZiGGA

Ok whatever man, its your contest and you choose what you want!

I would personally go with Concept 8 and do a minor change on the logo part....

Good luck!

Numbers 2 & 4 there are very close to what I'm looking for.

I don't really want a bird or plane in the logos, but I like things that draw from the elements of that. That's not saying any of the bird logos you guys have created are bad or don't have a chance. Many of them are actually very good and major contenders.

Anything in the middle row. The top one isn't really the style I'm looking for and while the bottom one would be a great logo for an airshow, it's not really what I'd like either. The middle one is great though and is very nice. I like the bird outline look you've done.

well i been working again and after seeing spidermans_father work, i had to come up with something else :rofl:

@spidermans_father u r too funny, I have the same dream. :laugh:

X@vier

post-17490-1143863116.png

well i been working again and after seeing spidermans_father work, i had to come up with something else :rofl:

@spidermans_father u r too funny, I have the same dream. :laugh:

X@vier

Yes yes, that is rad - I see a winner

At Andre's, they seem to have a medievel look to them, unlike everyone else, I'm not feeling that for a modern day ISP company. IF it was for some medievel band or something it would be hot though!..lol

Mohsin dude, your designs are getting worse and worse. Your other ones were better dude!..Dude where's me car?

Yes yes, that is rad - I see a winner

At Andre's, they seem to have a medievel look to them, unlike everyone else, I'm not feeling that for a modern day ISP company. IF it was for some medievel band or something it would be hot though!..lol

Mohsin dude, your designs are getting worse and worse. Your other ones were better dude!..Dude where's me car?

:o **** off!!

I joke man :p

lol - we are square man

hey!...speak for yourself, I like to think of my self as circle :rofl:

anyways, just checking on new logos, and getting some inspiration.

good work everyone.

X@vier

That latest one is surely the biz, xavier. Well done! My vote (if there were such a thing!) would be for that design.

Not only is it different (everyone is definately tired of the falcon logo thing), its also really well executed. I like your latest 3d-esque trend!

That latest one is surely the biz, xavier. Well done! My vote (if there were such a thing!) would be for that design.

Not only is it different (everyone is definately tired of the falcon logo thing), its also really well executed. I like your latest 3d-esque trend!

thnx bro, I must admit my self, I am getting good at this 3D thing, now lets hope they like it just as much.

X@vier

Xavs, where are you from?..Spain?..

:blink: :blink: well i live in canada but I'm from south america.

no more of this kind of talk or they'll say we are taking the thread of topic :yes:

X@vier

In the name of Xavs - I also went for a 3d look - the file is even named hfxav.jpg!..ahaha

Put this one on a light grey as my others are white

b401bc15-hfxav_jpg.jpg

Image comes out a bit on the sloppy side, coz I'm hosting it off slibe.com instead of my ftp