• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Competition: Logo needed for hosting company

Question

Marshalus    50

Third time is a charm eh folks? I've got the funding, I've got the people, now I just need the logo!

HostFalcon.com, an internet service provider specializing in small business site hosting, has commissioned a contest to create a new and unique branding for their soon be opened business.

The winning logo will help set the tone for the layout, color and theme for the rest of the company web presence.

The contest will run for an undetermined length of time and participants from around the Internet community are encouraged to enter.

First prize is $40 AND 6 months of free hosting on a basic HostFalcon plan. Two runners up will receive 25% off any plan for three months.

Winners will be decided exclusively by the management of HostFalcon.

Requirements

The name of the company (HostFalcon) should be present on any logo design along with our slogan (Set your sites higher) if deemed feasible by the designer.

The branding elements should be on a white background and be easily applied to any white or light gray without recoloring. Any text used should be a sans-serif font. HostFalcon prefers the use of a simple and minimalist design.

Only Photoshop importable formats will be accepted.

Uses

The winning branding will be used on our website, in online and possible print advertisements, letter headers, company shirts, business cards, etc.

Exclusive rights must be provided to us by the author.

Good luck!

NeoRequest: http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=871

Additional Information

The following issues have come up through the thread.

- A cash prize has been added.

- You can submit as many variations or alternative designs as you wish.

- Please keep the negitive comments on other peoples work to yourself.

- Please do not ask for public feedback from me on your submission.

APRIL 3 UPDATE: The entry process is now closed. Unless you come up with something breathtaking we're going to use what we've taken so far and make a choice from there. We have narrowed the field down to about 5 logos that stand out from the rest as being the type of branding we'd be able to use and would help set us apart a bit from our competitors.

I have no timeline on getting a winner announced. Of course I'll let everyone know when that happens.

Thanks everyone for the great submissions, you've made it really hard for the judges to choose a winner.

Edited by Marshalus

rageagainstmachine    35

aw well, no skin of my back. lol. i enjoyed making it!!

spidermans_father    0

i dig it rage - who gives a **** right?

rageagainstmachine    35

i dig it rage - who gives a **** right?

lol, indeed matey. :D

but, i will make them all like my sh!t, and if they dont i will set my neice on them. MWHAHAahahaha!! ...Cough kiddin ...cough.

but serioulsy tho, im not @rsed that much. it probalby is rubbish. blah.

LIAterminatorfinished.jpg

kanabeas    0

I know its closed, but just for the fun of it!!

host.jpg

Edited by kanabeas

rageagainstmachine    35

I know its closed, but just for the fun of it!!

host.jpg

Pretty tasty m8.

Marshalus    50

which r the 5?

We've actually narrowed it down to the top 3. So the winner and the two runners up have been selected, we just don't know in what order that is yet. It's a close race between all three and I've been asking multiple people to judge and they all are very torn between which one to choose. I probably won't announce which are the three until we've picked a winner.

There were a lot of great logos and it was hard to get it narrowed down this far. I was blown away by the number of entires I'd be sorting through.

cybadelic    0

Breathtaking? You want breathtaking? Why didn't you say so? :)

There you go:

falcon.jpg

spidermans_father    0

whose ur panel?...like guys from ur office or something?..who r the top 3 then?...;)

rageagainstmachine    35

very very very nice cybadelic

best i've seen so far. very nice work.

mail    10

There you go:

falcon.jpg

You win

rageagainstmachine    35

hope you dont mind, but i took the liberty of playing with your spectacular design. purley for my own pleasure. anyway, apart from the obvious text problem, what you think? i think it gives it a sort of austin martin feel. :-)

hostfalconsmaller.jpg

hostfalcon.jpg

»X«    1

I prefer his original.

It is excellent.

JMann    2

There you go:

<snip> jmann

:o Now if a company I was dealing with had that logo I would be happy to do business with them. :p

phoe*nix    0

It's a very nice logo but it's not very unique. When I saw it, I instantly thought of the chrysler logo and those flying badges with wings on. The trouble is it looks too much like those two things and I don't think i'd ever associate it with a hosting company over chrysler.

It's a very nice graphic though ;)

Damn you cybadelic, your image is too wide, I have the sideways scroll bar now :pinch:

rageagainstmachine    35

again i was bored, so decided to muck about with it a little. removed that arrow and inserted a glassified world, plus other effects. 3 different variations. thoughts?

plainwithworld.jpg

shinywithworld.jpg

shinywithworldframe.jpg

cybadelic    0

again i was bored, so decided to muck about with it a little. removed that arrow and inserted a glassified world, plus other effects. 3 different variations. thoughts?

Yes. No offense, but please stop ruining my logo :(

Andre    9

So you found out about Photoshop and its default plugins. Go you! Now why don't you go learn it properly instead of applying a bunch of plugins onto someone elses work and ruining it in the process.

rageagainstmachine    35

@cybadelic, sorry m8, no offence meant. was just bored.

@Andre, im sensing some anger management issues. Chill bro! and Kindly remove that over inflated stick protruding from your @ss.

Bioshadow    0

rageagainstmachine no offense but stop posting your first steps at photoshop, you're just applying filters to his logo, there's no need to show us...

»X«    1

^ Agreed. Never in my life have I seen someone hijack a thread so badly. I appreciate your trying to input your logo but this competition is for decent designs. Not 5 minute paint shop/photoshop filtered work. Find some tutorials and learn more about the programme before posting here.

And you butchered cybadelic's awesome design.

spidermans_father    0

lol at rage - rock on dude, ur a breath of fresh air instead of all these serious guys acting like this is the most important "tournamenet" in their life!..ahahah

cybadelic    0

lol at rage - rock on dude, ur a breath of fresh air instead of all these serious guys acting like this is the most important "tournamenet" in their life!..ahahah

I actually design stuff for a living, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but you can't just take somebody's work, modify it and maybe ruin the impression of the original work. That's a no-no. And this isn't a Photoshop-fun-thread.

jrowa    0

Im amazed that hes just started adding effects to your logo without asking you

Noob.

ps...well done cybadelic, excellent job

spidermans_father    0

lol well i like his earth one better than the original and like the other guy said, it is almost like a direct coopy of the Chrysler logo - it is not original at all so in my books - its pretty crap although the way it was done was neat but then anyone could do it - all you had to do was look at the Chrysler logo and redo it!

rageagainstmachine    35

I don't mean to offend anyone, but you can't just take somebody's work, modify it and maybe ruin the impression of the original work. That's a no-no.

Couldn't agree more!! 38341126_460ccc49d7_m.jpg

and

chrysler_promo_02.jpg

@jrowa

[sarcasm]lol, not the "noob" insult....i feel so insulted now!![/sarcasm]

Conclusions:

right OK, the way I see it is, the comptetion closed anyway, so I was just having a bit of fun. I have obviously offended a few people so as such I will take down the images. My intention was not to rub anyone up the wrong way, but instead to maybe get tips and feedback from the people in this thread who are so obviously experienced with photoshop etc. As I said earlier, I have literally just started learning this art, and as such don't pretend to be all that good at photoshoping, but what I done I was proud off as it was a new t me and a learning curve. See, I see my self as an encourager, thus if I was in your shoes I'm almost certain I would be encouraging me and telling me where I've gone wrong etc, instead if the negative rain shower I received. But fair play to you's

images are gone.

Take care all.

RAM

*edit*

sorry, unable to remove as the edit function is no longer available on my previous posts.