Vista Build 5342 Released - Official Topic

creative needs to give us some better support....

the beta1 drivers install but listening to music is all crackly and crap. I cant stand being on vista only soo long w/o listening to my music.....

Does anyone whos in the beta from tap, technet and msdn think its worth subscribing to any of these services?

I just want to be able to test windows vista

I need some help with this. I have the following filenames in system32 after install. Am I missing one and if yes, what is its name?

slc.dll

slcc.dll

slcext.dll

slcinst.dll

slcommdlg.dll

thank you

ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough. could you please check in the system32 and tell me if I am missing one of the slc* files and if I am missing one, what is the filename. This is not a trick question.

thank you

ThechNet Plus costs less that MSDN. The downside to TechNet Plus is it is DVD only and takes 6 weeks to get. You can get MSDN fot $200us more but you get access to download within days of Connect. It depends on how much you want to spend. I don't know about MSDN but with TechNet Plus I get several DVD's each month. I'm in the U.S. so I don't know about how it is in the U.K.

I update memory from 1.5GB to 2GB, but the performance Rating still got 2 point.

how can be this ? :pinch:

1143437883.png

Because of CPU...even it's overclocked Vista sees it as Sampron 2800+ which is not that great...

Hmm, i cannot install this build, i install and the computer reboots but the screen stays black after it selects it from the boot manager..

:| im stumped, i have tried to install about 2 times and same result, Anyone having similar problems, workaround?

I really don't see anything that special about Paint in this build [from looking at screenshot; I'm not a tester] that some people seem to be getting excited over. =\

About paint... why don't the colors go... ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN?

And why can't we move the toolboxes and all... and why don't they add SOME new options (we don't want paint to compete against photoshop, otherwise MS is in the shizt, but you know..antialiasing would be an idea, real jpg compression too, rotate, etc...)

I appreciate their interface refresh, but it lacks many many things.

I really don't see anything that special about Paint in this build [from looking at screenshot; I'm not a tester] that some people seem to be getting excited over. =\

because paint hasn't had a significant (even slight) change since they adapted paintbrush from 3.1 :p

thats true , but what is the use for paint? its just a good tool to take screenshots of your pc, and post them on the net. other then that theres no real good use for it anymore. Now if Microsoft included an advanced tool ( less advanced the photoshop, since photoshop is the best out there and we dont want microsoft to get sued by adobe ) then it will be nice,.

Edited by Tech_Kid_2006

Yeah, theres no point in adding so many features to paint. In fact, how do we know if there are any new features in there just by looking at screenshots?

I think people should appreciate that they have actually updated it for a change. The UI refresh is small but a nic e change, and it also looks like they've updated all the icons on the left - which is a main thing people were complaining about!

hmm 2 trys and no go so far, first i tried to install from within my xp partition, it worked but bsod halfway through, and now I am getting some error right after I enter the key when I boot, I think it might have to do with my first install failing, gonna try again later tonight or tomorrow.

Technet plus for single user is ?441.00

but the standard one is ?280.00

I think thats alot does anyone know a cheaper way? or is this the only way?

I'm getting a BSOD of nv4_disp for both 5308 and 5342 for my nVidia 6800 when trying to open any kind of Direct3D app, or for some reason even just opening up a picture :blink:

This only seems to happen on drivers later than 83.40.... including the newest 84.25... anyone have any ideas?

I'm getting a BSOD of nv4_disp for both 5308 and 5342 for my nVidia 6800 when trying to open any kind of Direct3D app, or for some reason even just opening up a picture :blink:

This only seems to happen on drivers later than 83.40.... including the newest 84.25... anyone have any ideas?

the latest longhorn display driver from nVidia is 87.15, have you tried those?

thats true , but what is the use for paint? its just a good tool to take screenshots of your pc, and post them on the net. other then that theres no real good use for it anymore. Now if Microsoft included an advanced tool ( less advanced the photoshop, since photoshop is the best out there and we dont want microsoft to get sued by adobe ) then it will be nice,.

I beg to differ. clicky And other people have done some truly amazing things with it.