Vista Build 5342 Released - Official Topic

anyone get this installed on vmware? I just get a STOP error when trying too boot from the vista cd too install.

Me too :(

Hopefully MS will fix that in future builds or VMWare will supply a patch or update. Ah well, I wasn't an actual beta tester, just had good "resources". :)

Discussion of keys is forbidden but I will say that is NOT the key to 5342

I strongly suggest to the poster of that key that they remove it from their post or the Admins not gonna be happy. I'm assuming you just didn't read the rules but posting of keys is not permissible on Neowin.

Fond this screenshot, of the "new Paint tool" , that all that has changed is the UI.

seems prety cool, I dont know the reason for paint anymore, but its nice to see it has a new UI :D

This screenshot is better : http://www.jc xp.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3678

remove the space in the url

Hey, all those pictures look great. Vista seems to be getting better and better with every CTP release...

Except the Office one. I think Office looks better with black and non-glass for some reason - and why the hell is the border "covered" by the outer border on the left-upper corner? That looks... horrible. But, I know, I know - it's a beta.

People who have access to Vista: any chance at all that Calcuator has changed? Or does it still have the same boring old buttons? If Calc did change, can you post a screenie of it?

And another thing - why are Neowin people always "censoring" JCXP urls? I checked out their website and they seem OK to me - not illegal at all... so what's the big deal with that? I really want to know. Thanks.

paint looks really nice! - for once.

True, very true, i just dont understand the reason for paint any more, since there are other advance programs out there that do the same thing, and now microsoft is making microsofdt expessstion, that should replace paint.

but ya i really like the new UI in paint.

are the backgrounds real photos? or are they Photoshoped? whos in charge of the UI background and screensavers and themes depmart at microsoft? anyone know?

are the backgrounds real photos? or are they Photoshoped? whos in charge of the UI background and screensavers and themes depmart at microsoft? anyone know?

Hillel did bliss

The backgrounds are for real. The are extremely well done.

What is the best antivirus to install on vista??? most of the antivirues i installed don't work!

the antivirus i use for xp is eTrust EZ Antivirus, but it does not work on vista! anyone else having this problem??? any workarounds??

anyone have any suggestions???

well count me in too :)

anyway the time taken to install build 5342 on my system is cut almost by half compared to build 5308..

and at last, my ageing TV card which was manufactured some time early in this millenium

seems to be working just fine in this build, i'm really surprised.

also my audigy (1) sound card is working just fine with the vista driver released by creative.

no more BSOD during shutdown /restart ...

and now waiting for monday morning (March 27) Redmond time,

MS gonna fix activation server to accept the new product key.

Does the mic work as well? In all previous vista builds the Mic was screwed on my Audigy 1, and others say the same as well. This includes 5308.

screenshot:

http://dime31.dizinc.com/~xsgenji/vista_e.png

its nice, usability and responsiveness have greatly improved. Its good enough to use as your primary os if all you are doing is simple tasks such as web browsing, chatting etc

but other than that, no. I tried running Oblivion on vista and it actually ran great at first (better than xp i think) but ran into many lag spikes. Most likely because of the high page file usage and cpu for debug taks in the background

The backgrounds are for real. The are extremely well done.

they are nice, I even have some vista backgrounds, on my XP pc, most are from the Sep. 2005 - Feb 2006 CTPs but the backgrounds are nice, better then XP's crappy backgrounds, or the clouds and others that were done in paint back in the dark ages of windows

they are nice, I even have some vista backgrounds, on my XP pc, most are from the Sep. 2005 - Feb 2006 CTPs but the backgrounds are nice, better then XP's crappy backgrounds, or the clouds and others that were done in paint back in the dark ages of windows

you're pirating vista backgrounds M$ Fan bois will be angry with you or maybe you get warned :laugh:

Neowin doesn't support piracy :devil: