Apple Boot Camp

im shocked and happy... it confirms that im getting a mac for uni... but i'd have rather seen apple stick to their guns... they have a fine os from everything i've heard... it seems like apple are holding up the white flag to windows...

altho, i would say its an excelent business decesion. they should sell even more macs now by a long way which is exactly what mac want. especially since they're not selling windows you still HAVE to get macosx. which will increase their market share. dedicated windows users will have to use macosx (even if its only to install windows) and might get converted.

pld apple

Is it even possible to install Windows and get rid of Mac OS X entirely this way? :/

Honestly, I doubt anyone in their right mind will buy a Mac just to run Windows.

I got astrong feeling I am going to sell my PC desktop and but a sexy new MacBook Pro 17inch WS.

Anybody have any clue on how well the Macs will run Vista? I know XP has been hacked on an iMac, anybody try Vista yet?

Will Macs be powerful enough to support Glass and Aero?

Honestly, I doubt anyone in their right mind will buy a Mac just to run Windows.

Have you been reading any of the posts in this thread?

Looks like Apple is no longer after Microsoft. They're after Dell.

Or both. ;)

Have you been reading any of the posts in this thread?

Yeah and most people are interested to dual boot both Windows and Mac OS X on a single Mac, not to run Windows only.

How is this Mac OS-specific related? If anything it has more to do with Apple Hardware than their OS.

Boot Camp is software = "Mac OS and Software Discussion".

Radish?

Boot Camp is software = "Mac OS anSoftware Discussionb>".

Radish?

Sure whatever it's your d;). ;)

Hahaha, amazing, do you guys think that the final release will cost $$?

According to Apple the final release will be part of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. They'll probably keep Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger supported for free too.

Neowave - why are you being so difficult :s

And this is awesome news! I can't wait to try it out myself on an Intel Mac. I'm surprised they have made drivers for everything that is the best part.

mhm if i just had a pc good enough so be sold for about 1000 to get a mac book (pro)... but i think even if i put the brand new display into an ebay auction i will get a maximum of 500€... :D

maybe someone who knows about prices could write a pm to me so i can give him my specs for valuing? :p

Wonder if/when MacBook Pros will have a DX10 card?

I for one would love to do my video editing in OSX (FCP, Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, etc). I would have the OS tuned specifically to my editing needs.

Then I would use XP/Vista for Office Apps and Games!

Neowave - why are you being so difficult :s

I have no idea, congrats though on the reduced warnings WinMacLin (Y)

Radish?

I have no idea, congrats though on the reduced warnings WinMacLi(Y)Y)

Radish?

ROFL, Thanks I'd like to thank myself, you, my dog, sunlight, and the elf people who stopped telling me to burn things (finally).

This is obviously cool news, but as a new mac user, I was more than happy to dump XP and have no urge to go back.

Although I guess it's good news if you have software than will only run on Windows.. I just wouldn't buy a mac and run windows on it all the time - that just seems wrong :s

This is obviously cool news, but as a new mac user, I was more than happy to dump XP and have no urge to go back.

Although I guess it's good news if you have software than will only run on Windows.. I just wouldn't buy a mac and run windows on it all the time - that just seems wrong :s

Well with full drivers for Windows XP = Gaming.

The main concern from most enthusiast users on internet forums is that they cant switch because of there games! They love games (hell I love games) and this is what stops them from switching.

Well now you can run all your favourite games natively under Windows XP. HL2? Sure, F.E.A.R.? of course!, Oblivion? Why not.

Then reboot into Mac OS X and do whatever it is you enjoy using OS X for, Web Browsing? Email? IM?.

ROFL, Thanks I'd like to thank myself, you, my dog, sunlight, and the elf people who stopped telling me to burn things (finally).

:p

:rofl: (Y)

Radish?