Microsoft Is Taking WGA To The Next Level

That has got to the be the funniest thing I have read all month. Use that little Calculator application on your Mac and show me some figures because you must have a very "unique" Calculator to come up with that little statistic.

I dunno where he got 1/6th from but OS X is ?89, and XP Pro is ?240. I use Pro instead of Home since OS X has all the features Pro does.

But this discussion isn't really about OS X vs Windows is it. It's about Microsoft protecting themselves from pirates. I personally know a few people who are system builders and install pirate copies on machines when requested I think this will stop them from doing so, I'm all for it.

ahhh! iwillnever log back onto the internet! haha j/k :p it does'nt really matter ot me =) but iidunno i'm sorta iffy on the idea becuase i have a feeling somoenes going to crack this and it will be such a waste of resources for microsoft =(

i'm sorta iffy on the idea becuase i have a feeling somoenes going to crack this and it will be such a waste of resources for microsoft =(

You didn't take the resources Microsoft used to produce Windows into account when you pirated it in the first place, so why do you care now?

LOL I disabled my automatic updates, Oh and I am sure people will start either making ripped copies of Microsoft's updates for pirated copies or will crack the WGA system, again.

post-80005-1145942072.jpg

people with such a screen can't afford a genuine wincopy ?

why is there an asian looking girl in front of the screen ?

oh microsoft , microsoft ...... :no:

thats the demo to the press on how it works done by microsoft malaysia here in msc cyberjaya under test environment. its the same picture published by one of the local newspaper here last friday. the tool will be on rampage starting tomorrow morning.

at least I know i'm safe :) too bad most of my friends won't *shakes head*

It doesn't really matter for them anyway, since most have automatic updates turned off.

To his defence, he did later on say in this thread that he did get it wrong. Just hyperbole I guess. Emphasising that it is cheaper.

As to WGA, I use a legal copy so I really don't care. I also don't feel like I'm being treated like a criminal.

Yes because clicking "Activate Windows" with your mouse is too damn hard.

Get over your stupid mac already. Nobody cares.

Macs are way overrated. Once Vista comes out the Mac will be behind in features.

There are going to be Direct 3D 10 games at E3 and there are going to be all kinds of applications

opening up with .NET and Windows Presentation Foundation to be even caring about the Mac.

Apple should start getting ready to make windows apps.... oh wait they already do!

Mac will be behind in features eh? I challenge you to look at current Tiger setup with finder and such, and look at Vista's new explorer design. There's a video out there that's from a vista presentation, that someone did nearly all the action on a Tiger install. Basically, Microsoft seems to be copying Apple at the moment.

Nice job on the Games, I'll be the first to admit that generally, at present (Who knows for the future) Macs aren't gaming machines. I have no problems with that, a console is for playing games, my workstation is for working on various things.

Can't speak for the .NET and such things, as I aren't really familiar with them.

Apple making Windows applications eh? Maybe you should read what Boot camp is before you start making uneducated comments like that.

I'm no blind Apple fan boy, I've been using Windows machines from day one, but Apple got me half a year ago when my friend challenged me to actually try using a Apple. I was blown away. I suggest you actually try using an Apple before you decide to bash it.

Oh, and I still use Windows servers and such. They're fun to setup, mess around with, but when I just want to work, or relax I use my Powerbook. No complications, no issues like a Windows machine.

//WOW.. Off topic. Sorry!

-lieb39

All I haft to say is I love pc's I don't really like mac's. As you can see everything to servers to laptops I own are windows based. I also must say Mac's and the Ipod are way too overrated. I owned a Mac and Ipod it was cool but thats about all it was is cool.

It isn't as simple as that. I have a full retail version which I periodically reinstall on the SAME laptop (and no other machine). The last time I did, however, I had to ring them. (I couldn't figure out what had changed as NOTHING had changed with my laptop, so I was furious.) There wasn't a problem validating or anything, but the bother of it is annoying and insulting - even the suggestion that I'm not legimate is an insult. I am definitely moving to Linux on my next laptop - full stop. I've been making preparations for a while (switching to Open Office, etc.) to get me and my data ready. The fact is, no one NEEDS Microsoft to run a computer.

Why don't you just ghost your initial install?

:wacko:

post-80005-1145942072.jpg

people with such a screen can't afford a genuine wincopy ?

sure they can , this is test drive in malaysia

why is there an asian looking girl in front of the screen ?

what is wrong ?

can I ask,are you Racsism ? are you expected any white sexy girl

oh microsoft , microsoft ...... :no: