Microsoft Is Taking WGA To The Next Level

LOL I disabled my automatic updates, Oh and I am sure people will start either making ripped copies of Microsoft's updates for pirated copies or will crack the WGA system, again.

I've done the same, but I think you will only download this "popup" update by going to the Windows Update website...I guess i will be downloading the updates individually from now on...

post-80005-1145942072.jpg

people with such a screen can't afford a genuine wincopy ?

why is there an asian looking girl in front of the screen ?

oh microsoft , microsoft ...... :no:

I guess asian girls use windows too. :rofl:

post-80005-1145942072.jpg

people with such a screen can't afford a genuine wincopy ?

why is there an asian looking girl in front of the screen ?

oh microsoft , microsoft ...... :no:

It was released on a Malaysian Newspaper agency.I believe she was a journalist who was inspecting one of the computers on display that had the program installed in it. And what's wrong with the asian girl looking in front of the screen? I don't think you should assume that much just by looking at a picture. I didn't even know that there were still people who believe what is printed on the news :wacko: :pinch: . The West is not the only region to have computers and the knowledge to use it, you know :rolleyes: .

PSG22

The pirates need to be taught a lesson (not like it would really do anything). Sure, back when XP was brand new I admit to having used it (and regret so, but ME was garbage), but eventually picked up a copy. Plus I was in highschool, and there was no way my parents would throw down hundreds of dollars for something that "looks pretty."

I guess asian girls use windows too. :rofl:

Oh, you don't know my fellow students and lecturers at the university I go to. There are a lot of girls who can put a lot of guys to shame :yes: . One of my lecturers is a master at Maya 7.0 and I can't believe she can even develop a complicated animation using a few simple steps :cry: .

PSG22

Are we really to believe that a little message will discourage people from using their free copy?

What they should have done is ask for the genuine key, provide a link to purchase one, and give a countdown (like they do for the activation). Once that's expired it should wipe all local partitions.

Once that's expired it should wipe all local partitions.

And for installs which are either incorrectly marked as pirated or where the user is not responsible for Windows being pirated? :no:

All I haft to say is I love pc's I don't really like mac's. As you can see everything to servers to laptops I own are windows based. I also must say Mac's and the Ipod are way too overrated. I owned a Mac and Ipod it was cool but thats about all it was is cool.

Okay, I respect that. You've actually used a mac, and outside a store. Macs aren't for everyone.

Cheers,

lieb39

:laugh: That firewall pic is awesome.

Microsoft must underestimate pirates. I wonder what they actually mean by "you cant uninstall it" probaly means it wont be in Add/Remove programs lol.

I give it under a month before its cracked, hey wait I give it 0 days before people will realise they dont have to install it.

If Microsoft wanted to shame these people, they should have made the message a full-screen message - no-one else is going to be able to read a small dialog uless they're standing right next to the computer.

I can see it now...

"Microsoft Technical Support line permanently down due to excess number of users complaining that a pop-up window keeps popping up saying their software isn't legit".

BTW, what's wrong with an Asian girl using Windows? What else are they going to use? Linux? Apple?

Jeez the amount of racism in Neowin nowadays. I do agree on one thing, if she can afford a huge screen like that and acts like she's blind, she shouldn't even be using a PC.

I'm curious to see if this will work or not. I have free access to everything on MSDN since my husband is a member, but I choose to use a.. how should I say... publicly available VLK version (when I use windows that is) just so I don't have to deal with all the authentication junk since my hardware changes often (he gives me hand-me-downs all the time).

Patiently awaiting the first notification here.

I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want a pirate copy of Windows anyway. I had one originally and it crashed about once every hour with blue screens. Bought a legit copy and everything has been okey-dokey since.

I've done phone activation once, and it was ok. Wasn't as quick as it could have been, because I was on hold for ages, but it wasn't exactly difficult.

I think it's good that MS are protecting their software, although it will probably be easily cracked. Even if it isn't "easily" cracked, it will be cracked eventually - where there is a will, there is a way.

My only worry regarding all this anti-piracy stuff used in software nowadays, is that it will eventually put costs up for the legit consumer, which in itself will increase piracy. :no:

I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want a pirate copy of Windows anyway. I had one originally and it crashed about once every hour with blue screens. Bought a legit copy and everything has been okey-dokey since.

as if every pirated copy of xp installed in the world was crashing every hour ...

anyway i was waiting for a sign of microsoft to make me definitely change my main os, i guess that's it. soon you'll have to pay twice the price of your hardware to buy an os and be able to write a letter ...

I now own all my copys of XP since I've got the cash to do it... before.. I was just to damn poor lol

then again.. it's alot easer to install a cracked version then a legit version.. and thats just damn sad