In Defense of Wii

Sure, Nintendo is losing. They're losing all the way to the bank.

In response to that, I have this to show. :D

post-1312-1146638603.jpg

Yep, they're definately going bankrupt even though they earned $0.8 Billion, which BTW includes Wii costs which always makes you lose money (they pour loads of money into the Wii but they don't get money back from it, happens with all consoles).

They did extremely well.

Yep, they're definately going bankrupt even though they earned $0.8 Billion, which BTW includes Wii costs which always makes you lose money (they pour loads of money into the Wii but they don't get money back from it, happens with all consoles).

They did extremely well.

You know. If it weren't for your avatar and sig, i wouldn't really know which sentence in your post was sarcastic. The first one or the last one.

In fact, I'm still not sure...

The gamecube was nota failure. I bet Nintendo made the most profit with their gamecube then Microsoft or Sony.

Also I think that The gamecube and xbox had almost the same sales worldwide.

So If you consider Nintendo making the most profit from the gamecube even though they sold less systems a failure then yes they did fail.

Guys Guys Guys!!!!

I hated the name just as much as the next bloak, but then something dawned on me like a bright warming miracle. Nintendo has just given me the greatest pickup line EVER.

"Wanna come to my house and play with my Wii?"

I like the name... but it didn't affect the fact that I was gonna buy the console in the first place.

Guys Guys Guys!!!!

I hated the name just as much as the next bloak, but then something dawned on me like a bright warming miracle. Nintendo has just given me the greatest pickup line EVER.

"Wanna come to my house and play with my Wii?"

If you can't stop thinking about penises when seeing the name 'Wii', then methinks you'll need a lot more than a pickup line...

The Wii will support 16x9 480p resolution, instead of 16x9 720p resolution.

Yay! I was hoping it would at least support 480p. I think HD would be a waste of resources considering the Wii's specs. While I like HD games, I don't believe it's necessary for a game to look good, or that it's the only way that games can look any better (like some people claim). Pixar movies look fantastic on my SDTV.

I'm interesting in seeing how great Wii's games will look with the improved horsepower without having to render in high res. I'm sure it'll look great.

totaly skipping most of the thread and not getting invloved with it:

It's the same reason Nintendo stopped putting the digital AV output on the Gamecube. They understood that only a tiny minority were utilizing the progressive scan output, and only a few developers were creating games with p-scan compatibility. So they dropped it to lower costs. While someone like myself is glad he has an older gamecube with the digital output, the large majority of gamecube owners don't even know it's back there. They're more concerned with the game itself, and not whether the picture is interlaced or not.

i actually said out loud while reading "oh so thats what it is!", and as for the HDTV argument like .au the UK isn't switchin over to HDTV untill 2008, and when we do - "meh" i have a tv thats older then my one yet its never borken, and it much better then the ones that are on the market now (well, ok it doesn't have all those fancy features that no one uses anyway..)