AutoPatcher XP May 2006

HI,

I also have this problem:

When I am installing the updates. it give error Can't Create ActiveX Object.? Anyone had idea why this error give. Till April 2006 it perfectly update.

I tried to install autopatcher in \win9xnt as recommended but it did not solve the problem. Any other sugestion ?

Thanks in advance

Well, after looking better at the mirror site have realised that it hasn't a Portuguese XP pack for May 2006. :blush:

And alas, the torrent site is blocked in my workplace (ports, I guess) and will have to try it at home. :p

AutoPatcher XP RU?

AutoPatcher WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SP2 RU?

I guess that means Russian? There is no Russian version, and it doesn't matter whether it's Pro or Home, the AP version is the same. :)

Hi All,

You don't need KB917425 unless you are experiencing issues with the ActiveX changes introduced in MS06-013 (KB912812)

As per the KB917425 article:

Quote:

This compatibility patch can only be installed on systems that are running the Internet Explorer April Cumulative Update (KB912812). If you try to install this patch on systems without update 912812, the installation will fail.

We strongly recommend that this compatibility patch be deployed only to systems that are affected by the new functionality that is introduced by the Internet Explorer ActiveX update. Affected systems are those where the user depends on a Web page or on an application that has been affected by the Internet Explorer ActiveX update.

So unless you have a specific ActiveX application which is affected then don't install this hotfix.

Kind Regards

Simon

Now, I'm new at this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. With the autopatchers, do I still have to deal with programs like the genuine advantage notifications program being installed? Or is just a collection of the needed the updates and fixes?

Help!

I installed and then reseted my computer.. Now after I get the windows loading page I get a black screen, if I wait for 5 min I get messed up squares on my screen. Only safe mode works everything else has the same results. Im redownloading the patcher but thats going to take a while, and I dont have a win pro cd.. So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me?

When I try to run Autopatcher I receive this error. I installed it in \win9xnt but same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

post-167503-1148513923.jpg

I have read all the posts..But....I have both the April Full and the May Update..Now to install do I install the full first and run all the updates and then run the update after that? Is this done in 2 seperate steps or do I install them both first and then click on the April release? Please clarify the install procedure. Thanks.

^ install the april full release, install the may update release straight ontop, and then run autopatcher

I have a one question: Why Autopatcher installs about 72 fixes, I used Windows Update and full update installed only about 40 fixes, what about the rest of this 72 fixes of Autopatcher

Edited by ms-trex

Hi, I?m new in community, but would like to offer my help to translate the autopatcher for Brazilian Portuguese, if you are looking for someone to do this.

I saw in the http://autopatcher.scarywater.net/ that PortugueseBrazilian was the fourth most downloaded, but we don?t have the may 2006 version until now.

I never did a translation for this patcher before, but I did for a some other programs and did it for PHP Nuke.

So If you need, I'm here to help.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Best Regards for all the community

Edited by Xabungo

I am seriously confused.

Several notes in this thread state that there is no English Full May 2006 file but I have just downloaded such a file, 220MB.

OTOH, I cannot find an MD5 hash for this file.

What up, dawg?

Never mind. NLD I downloaded a Dutch version.

Why do you use code that requires javascript to be enabled to display .gif icons?

Hi Xabungo.

The translation is very easy. Now there isn't really a translation, just creating new modules for the new hotfixes. All you have to do, is download the Portuguese April Full, see the new modules added in May (in the 1st post of this topic), and create them.

If you need any help, just ask. :)