AutoPatcher XP May 2006

@pwright2, there is NO May Full in any language.

At least not official... (maybe some 3rd party created it) :whistle:

Actually its the first time at all i'm using autopatcher, so i started only this month to use it and have no other releases, so i downloaded the april + may update...

@M2Ys4U: good to know i don't need the previous releases, but lif my original windows is like of 2004 and i install it, what about the releases and updates for the windows before the april... arent they important too? :|

PS: english version is only for english winxp, right? Or i can use it for italian version too? (i know there is italian autopatcher)

Whoops--I browsed FAQ and couldn't find an answer to my problem

I reformatted my HD over the weekend and tried to use AP and this is what took place

4) Installation wizzes by in about 10 seconds but nothing installs

Likely cause - you have non-alphanumeric characters in your Windows username!

This is my problem but not the answer. I have been using AP ever since it came out and this is my first problem.

Help and suggestions appreciated

How about providing a link to a full or lite version in English (I don't care if it is to a previous version, from this page there in no way of me installing this program).

I have the update but nothing to update it to.

As i've said before, right now i don't have the time to update the Portuguese Brazil version.

If someone wants to update it, creat the modules and send them to me so that i can make them official.

Hi,

So where are we actually meant to get a FULL english version from please?

It seems there are full versions hosted for every other language other than english.

Would strike me that the most used version would probably be english so I find it a bit odd that there is no full english version... maybe im just being blind.

I can see a torrent file for this but I dont want to use a torrent, im at work and its blocked here.

Can someone sort me out with a link please?

^ you need to get the april full release, and then install the may update on top of it. links to the april releases are at the bottom of the first post!

Yes, the problem is that many of us find the update versions to be very inconvenient. I'd gladly pay a couple dollars per release to always get the full version. You hear that? I'll PAY :) Can't justify more than $2-$3, but that should easily offset your bandwidth costs per person.

^ first of all, we dont currently have a donations page available, i dont know when one will be but thanks anyway. secondly, its not just a bandwidth problem but the amount of time i would spend uploading them, and people like M2Ys4U setting up torrents. i cant do it more than every few months, im sorry, and i really trully cant see it being inconvienient

Yes, the problem is that many of us find the update versions to be very inconvenient. I'd gladly pay a couple dollars per release to always get the full version. You hear that? I'll PAY :) Can't justify more than $2-$3, but that should easily offset your bandwidth costs per person.

Well, life is not fair, but what can we do... :D :D :D

Guys, I will be hosting Autopatcher permanently now. I know my mirror has ads, but this is paying for the server and bandwidth.

There are soooo many people downloading this excellend product, that its tough to keep it going with full releases each month.

If you want full releases each month then donations will be required! lol

Keep up the hard work autopatcher team!

http://ap.manroweb.co.uk for current downloads

@ManroWeb, thanks, i'll add you to the first page and try to remember to contact you when new releases are done :)

@ManroWeb, thanks, i'll add you to the first page and try to remember to contact you when new releases are done :)

Already there!

Already there!

oops, so you are. i'd added you to the 2k and 2k3 threads without thinking too :pinch:

oops, so you are. i'd added you to the 2k and 2k3 threads without thinking too :pinch:

LOL! Give me til the end of the day, and ill get those hosted aswell, and have full cover for all

Congrats to the Dutch version...It recently went over 20,641 downloads on Littlebuger's site :)

That's amazing! It's approaching the kind of traffic the English versions typically generate ;)

I too am curious why I'm seeing full versions for other languages other than english? I'll assume those are due to someone other than the official autopatcher team? If so, isn't there someone that could do it for english as well?

How about the "lite" version as a compromise? That's actually what I use instead of the full. This could be uploaded to the major upload sites (rapidshare, etc). Unfortunately, bittorrent is blocked from work (Though I could do it from home, I suppose).

I administer an internal network separate from the internet, and transfering files back and forth is a real pain in the rump. Therefore I do it as rarely as possible. And since it's internal, I don't worry too much about patches until someone bothers me about it. Since I still haven't gotten a procedure around to update 15 (rather slow) machines automatically, it's easier for me to do a "lite" update every couple of months, as opposed to "update" updates every month, considering how busy I am otherwise, and the impact it has on my users, who don't like me taking their machine from them even for a few minutes. (and coming in on a week is usually not an option)

So, is anyone making an unofficial english full or lite version?

-Mike

(PS. keep up the good work...Autopatcher is a tremendous help!)

^

the number of people who dont research before they post is amazing.

read the faq, read the rest of this thread, and look closly near the bottom of the first post. sorry to be so blunt but really, how many people have to ask the same question over and over

I just want to say wow. I am really happy to be hosting AutoPatcher. I knew it would use bandwidth. It has used 149gigs of bandwidth in the last 7 days on my host. Glad to see people using the mirror. Maybe one day we'll hit the 1.6TB it can handle.

I too am curious why I'm seeing full versions for other languages other than english? I'll assume those are due to someone other than the official autopatcher team? If so, isn't there someone that could do it for english as well?

How about the "lite" version as a compromise? That's actually what I use instead of the full. This could be uploaded to the major upload sites (rapidshare, etc). Unfortunately, bittorrent is blocked from work (Though I could do it from home, I suppose).

I administer an internal network separate from the internet, and transfering files back and forth is a real pain in the rump. Therefore I do it as rarely as possible. And since it's internal, I don't worry too much about patches until someone bothers me about it. Since I still haven't gotten a procedure around to update 15 (rather slow) machines automatically, it's easier for me to do a "lite" update every couple of months, as opposed to "update" updates every month, considering how busy I am otherwise, and the impact it has on my users, who don't like me taking their machine from them even for a few minutes. (and coming in on a week is usually not an option)

So, is anyone making an unofficial english full or lite version?

-Mike

(PS. keep up the good work...Autopatcher is a tremendous help!)

Yes why don't you read before posting?

1st page of this thread clearly shows download links and their languages....

Just in case http://ap.manroweb.co.uk contains ENGLISH April 2006 FULL and LITE + May 2006 UPDATE