AutoPatcher XP May 2006

@dzjepp, no, its in the update release. "(only in full)" really means 'not in lite'. perhaps we should change that...

@devster, done (or will be in a sec anyway) ;)

Well fellas, just keeping ya updated... the Portuguese (mirror) site for the patcher is now showing me no errors as it did previously. I'm dl'ing the file as we 'speak'. ;)

Hi,

I installed AutoPatcher XP April Full and although the installation was successful and the tools work (like Hotfix clean) the main application refuses to run. Every time I click on the application it appears for a split second in task manager process list but then just disappears. I tried installing the May Update, and although the installation was successful, the main program still refuses to open.

If someone could help fix this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi!

first of all i want to thank all of u guys for making autopatcher... it makes our lives easier eheheh

i just want to ask coz i think something is wrong maybe a bug.... i did a clean install of win xp and installed april full and may update and apply all updates and some tweaks.... i made the classic desktop as my default ui but everytime i reboot after applying the tweaks the win xp blue style loads....is this a bug caused by autopatcher?

thanks again ^^

more power to u guys ^^

Italian release is ready... any mirror for me?!? (oddstar help me!)

There is a problem with kb917425: it's not for ANY_IE... it doesn't work with my IE7 beta 2.

Here's a torrent :) It's a fast seed!

Italian Update:

http://autopatcher.scarywater.net/AutoPatc...ate.exe.torrent

Coral Cache Link for Italian update

http://www.alampimpianti.it.nyud.net:8090/..._ITA_Update.exe

Italian release is ready... any mirror for me?!? (oddstar help me!)

There is a problem with kb917425: it's not for ANY_IE... it doesn't work with my IE7 beta 2.

Edited by Oddstar

Hi All,

quick question guys, what happened to 884883?

I am almost positive it didn't get superseded.

the_guy

The-Guy would appear to be correct. The file versions listed on the KB article are later than the versions installed on my fully patched XP Professional SP2 PC here.

In addition I can find no other different or later files included in this hotfix even in the un-official hotfixes. RyanVM includes this hotfix in his pack.

It would therefore appear that KB884883 should be included with APXP as a current hotfix for both SP1 and SP2.

The only issue is that some folks have reported issues with this hotfix and compatibility with third-party applications. On that basis then perhas it should not be selected by default.

I have whipped up a prototype module which I will test later to see if it works.

Kind Regards

Simon

Hi Comunity,

I would like to ask if it's possible to make fully automated update services of Autopatcher, like redistributive automatic service for this who can provide mirrors and hosting!

Perhaps me want to make an fast mirror of Autopatcher Releases for all OS, but I need to enter this site to download from another mirror and after all provide an a mirror!

Why we not make it like rsync in Linux, every who want to help will provide an a space and will give a note which packages want to host and someone or somebody or the team perhaps to make an a program which will be automatic redistribute the packages!

Perhaps I can provide an a mirror in USA and in Bulgaria with fast unlimited connection and bandwidth, but like I explain I need to check the forum from time to time and after that to find a mirror to download the packages, check every package for errors or something similar and after that I make an a BIG really BIG torrent for Bulgarian users!

Thank you for understanding me and I think that this will be good idea for more reliable and faster redistribution of Autopatcher!

Another news update fellas... unfortunatly, the mirror site I was using to dl' the May XP Portuguese file is down again and the worse part of the story is that the file dl'ed is just for the Windows 2003 (Server) version. :p

Why we not make it like rsync in Linux
If I am not mistaken (as I sometimes am), rsync is just a connection to a single point. I think you might mean something more like a conventional torrent?

This same comment would also apply to your repeated posts here and here.

@Blaze,

I figured out why Google Toolbar didn't appear in "Windows AddOns" - it's because I use IE7 (beta 2), and it's only for IE5 & IE6. Little module editing fixed the problem. ;)

Tommorow I'm going to check the TweakUI thing and get back to you. :)

Oh, boy... the mirror site still presents the same ol' errors it gave me the other time. Guess that I'll have to finally get a torrent streamer. :rolleyes: I also would like good app suggestions for it, preferably with no install process and lil' in size. ;)

*Looks around for editing button and not seeing it decides to post, although not sure if it'll be frowned upon* :unsure:

Add: Tried the site again n' it got linked here. But when I click on the dl' link, it presents me the Autopatcher's 2003 Pt May 2006 Full release file. Is this one compatible with XP? Or it simply was a bad link connection over at the site? :huh:

I seriously don't know what to do with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oh, boy... the mirror site still presents the same ol' errors it gave me the other time. Guess that I'll have to finally get a torrent streamer. rolleyes.gif I also would like good app suggestions for it, preferably with no install process and lil' in size.
sorry your having trouble downloading, for torrents i use the client available here: http://www.bittorrent.com/
Tried the site again n' it got linked here. But when I click on the dl' link, it presents me the Autopatcher's 2003 Pt May 2006 Full release file. Is this one compatible with XP? Or it simply was a bad link connection over at the site? huh.gif

I seriously don't know what to do with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

all the links seem to work fine for me, which are you trying to download, the english xp may update release?

I figured out why Google Toolbar didn't appear in "Windows AddOns" - it's because I use IE7 (beta 2), and it's only for IE5 & IE6. Little module editing fixed the problem.

well if your sure it works on IE7 ill update the IE dependency in next months release.

all the links seem to work fine for me, which are you trying to download, the english xp may update release?

Eh, eh... I prob'ly should ahve explained myself better. :whistle: I'm trying to dl' the "Portuguese Full" update version and the link provided there retrieved me the 2003 Portuguese update instead of the XP one (although the link told it was for the latest mentioned OS). :blink:

Oh and btw, thanks for the link. ;) May I trouble ya later on with a how to tweak the torrent streamer for better performances, if I can figure out for myself?