AutoPatcher XP May 2006

Hi I'd like to know if I could notified of new releases prior to actual release so that I can set up my mirror as well so that people can download. I'm not asking for any donations as I'm doing this out of my own good will. My mirror is www.omerhasan.com/autopatcher/. It's good to be back hosting for Autopatcher again. Personally I'm surprised I'm still on the thank you list after all this time.

I am not to sure if this the right forum to post. Please excuse as this is my first posting.

A friend of mine just bought second hand computer with XpPro on it. She is not able to get any updates from Microsoft at all and is always redirected to a blank page. At one point we even had to run repair, because the computer was not running very well at all after. I am downloding the AutoPatcher full edition April for her now.

Could somebody please tell me if this might solve the problem? :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Salvio

@ darkz, youve probably installed a new full/lite release ove an old one. delete your autopatcher folder and install the latest one on its own. only update releases should be installed over other autopatcher releases.

@ darkz, youve probably installed a new full/lite release ove an old one. delete your autopatcher folder and install the latest one on its own. only update releases should be installed over other autopatcher releases.

thank you! you mean to uninstall previous version or simply delete X:\Program Files\AutoPatcher ?

^ either, the only difference with uninstalling is startmenu/desktop icons are also removed, but you can put them back when you install the new one!

Hi there!!!

I am a new user of autopatcher and I am having a problem with updating the autopatcher!!! :o

I have installed the autopatcher of April that seems to be a base release and I am trying to update with the release of May the light one but every time it gives me the same notification"that it was not detected an existing installation in the install directory so it will not work!I have allready tryied even installing the full release of May but nothing!

Am i doing something wrong? :cry:

Please give a hand here!!!

Thanks ......

^

1) if the update release cant find the full release, compare the folder where the full release installed, and the folder where your trying to install the update release.

it could very well be that you've mixed up releases for windows 2000/xp/2003.

2) there are no english may full/lite releases, only updates. what language of autopatcher are you using?

^

1) if the update release cant find the full release, compare the folder where the full release installed, and the folder where your trying to install the update release.

it could very well be that you've mixed up releases for windows 2000/xp/2003.

2) there are no english may full/lite releases, only updates. what language of autopatcher are you using?

Well I am using the autopatcher in English.

I have downloaded the autopatcher of April " AutoPatcher 2K"first and then as I said I 've tryied to put the update of May always the english one but the lite version.

I am trying to install the update in the file of "AutoPatcher 2K"(thats the full release right?) and I 've downlaeded the version of XP....

I don't get it what I am doing wrong?

What are you suggesting me to do?

Thanks a lot for the assistance that you are giving......

^ right, so you've installed the april 2k full release, and then you downloaded the may xp update release and your trying to install that on top? if ive got you right then your problem is that your mixing up xp and 2k releases!

^ right, so you've installed the april 2k full release, and then you downloaded the may xp update release and your trying to install that on top? if ive got you right then your problem is that your mixing up xp and 2k releases!

:whistle:

The release of April that I had was for Win 2000!!!!!I just saw the installer that I had.You were right.

What a stupid I have been...

This things happens when you are making downloads in a hurry!!!!

Ok now I am downloading the version for Xp of April and then I will put in the same folder the Update of May.

This way it will function right?

Lets hope that I will do it right this time!!!!!

Thanks a lot for the tip! :p

Edited by Renavet

delete the two folders (C:\program files\autopatcher and C:\program files\autopatcher 2k), install the april xp full release, and then install the may xp update release on top.

installing the april release on top of the may release wont work, although youll still have the new modules the update release adds, any files it deletes will be put back, and any it replaces with new copies will be over written with older ones.

always install in the order older to newer!

delete the two folders (C:\program files\autopatcher and C:\program files\autopatcher 2k), install the april xp full release, and then install the may xp update release on top.

installing the april release on top of the may release wont work, although youll still have the new modules the update release adds, any files it deletes will be put back, and any it replaces with new copies will be over written with older ones.

always install in the order older to newer!

:D I have done everything right this time !!!!Just like you 've said

It worked just fine.

Thank you again for everything :)

aperror1ok.png

Hey guys. Any ideas why I keep getting this? Thanks.

You can always just disable that option, then choose 'Sort by Name' in the start menu context menu.

It's about time for a clean re-install so I'll be downloading the June version as soon as it's available (Y)

4) Installation wizzes by in about 10 seconds but nothing installs

Likely cause - you have non-alphanumeric characters in your Windows username!

Found many a post that states the same as me, nothing abnormal about the username. Just won't install anything, just zings on by. I am installing this from a mapped drive off my server, I have loaded this version on over 100 PC's here in the shop /w no issues.

The pc in ?: XP Home /w SP2 - Was SP1, updated to SP2.

There must surely be a solution other than "non-alphanumeric characters"

If i'm not mistaken you can't put non alpha numeric characters in a username anyway, least things like %$*^ etc..

BTW. I see no funny errors or anything out of the ordinary in the autopatcher.log file. Just the commands it issued, and the times which are all within seconds of each other.

Well I update my system [XP professional SP2 1033] with autopatcher [AutoPatcher_XP_Apr06_ENU_Full] and tried to update that again with [AutoPatcher_2003_May06_ENU_Update] but when i use this update it say it couldnt detect the previous version of autopatcher :blink: ... and if i carry on with the installation,... the launcher will not be installed :cry: ...

How to go ahead with the MAY update ??? hate to do it with Windows update :angry: .....!!!!

Well I update my system [XP professional SP2 1033] with autopatcher [AutoPatcher_XP_Apr06_ENU_Full] and tried to update that again with [AutoPatcher_2003_May06_ENU_Update] but when i use this update it say it couldnt detect the previous version of autopatcher :blink: ... and if i carry on with the installation,... the launcher will not be installed :cry: ...

How to go ahead with the MAY update ??? hate to do it with Windows update :angry: .....!!!!

the 2003 update is for the windows server 2003.

you need the xp may update.

Found many a post that states the same as me, nothing abnormal about the username. Just won't install anything, just zings on by. I am installing this from a mapped drive off my server, I have loaded this version on over 100 PC's here in the shop /w no issues.

The pc in ?: XP Home /w SP2 - Was SP1, updated to SP2.

There must surely be a solution other than "non-alphanumeric characters"

If i'm not mistaken you can't put non alpha numeric characters in a username anyway, least things like %$*^ etc..

BTW. I see no funny errors or anything out of the ordinary in the autopatcher.log file. Just the commands it issued, and the times which are all within seconds of each other.

Did the other ones use Home?

Did the other ones use Home?

If in Re to: The search results of other posts with this problem.

Some have home, some don't specify.

If in Re to: What I have updated here in the shop.

I mostly do XP Home machines, as this is the bulk of our business, home users and SmallBusinesses.

I have done some pro here and there.

BTW this is a fresh install. Well actually it's a Toshiba Notebook PC that I ran the Toshiba recovery DVD on, then riped out all the Toshiba Garbage, and then inst. SP2, then AP XP. Can't do a fresh non-factory install, darn M$ doesn't let us. Long story, not getting into it. Maybe a seperate thread, as I don't want to deviate this one. LOL!

BTW. I'm pretty sure this is a Jan. Full Release /w Feb, March, April, then May Updates put in as they came out. I will try an April Full, to see if it works, i'm not holding out much hope. I kept track of the upd. I put in, but not which base I started with, sorry!

Also, if Jan. wasn't a full release, then it would have been Dec. as the base full package /w Upg. on top of that.

If in Re to: The search results of other posts with this problem.

Some have home, some don't specify.

If in Re to: What I have updated here in the shop.

I mostly do XP Home machines, as this is the bulk of our business, home users and SmallBusinesses.

I have done some pro here and there.

BTW this is a fresh install. Well actually it's a Toshiba Notebook PC that I ran the Toshiba recovery DVD on, then riped out all the Toshiba Garbage, and then inst. SP2, then AP XP. Can't do a fresh non-factory install, darn M$ doesn't let us. Long story, not getting into it. Maybe a seperate thread, as I don't want to deviate this one. LOL!

BTW. I'm pretty sure this is a Jan. Full Release /w Feb, March, April, then May Updates put in as they came out. I will try an April Full, to see if it works, i'm not holding out much hope. I kept track of the upd. I put in, but not which base I started with, sorry!

Also, if Jan. wasn't a full release, then it would have been Dec. as the base full package /w Upg. on top of that.

Well Whadya Know!!!!

:D

I fixed it, the user acct. I was using had this format "Bob & Sue Smith".

So I thought to myself, maybe it doesn't like the & symbol. So I made a new acct. "Owner" logged in, and Viola!! Like magic it worked.

I see where the problem is, just changing the username doesn't work, as it's still got the old offending characters in the Path. Like Duh!! Don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

If I could make a suggestion, that is put in the FAQ under that answer an addition that reads something to the effect of. "Create a new user acct. with a basic 1 word name, then log into that acct. and run AP XP"

That might clear up some confusion.

Anyway, thx for all the help, and keep up the good work. This program is the bomb!!!

BTW. If you ever get up a donation page, I'll donate. But check /w your lawyers 1st. LOL Don't want M$ on your back, that'd be bad.

june releases should be completed tomorrow everyone, so expect them to be available sometime on sunday ;)

update release only again this month, but depending on the number of patches next month, i'll either do new full & lite releases next month or the month after.

june releases should be completed tomorrow everyone, so expect them to be available sometime on sunday ;)

update release only again this month, but depending on the number of patches next month, i'll either do new full & lite releases next month or the month after.

Hi BlazingAngel... Good to hear that another full release is coming soon.

I do have 3 questions though.

1.) Will we have to update the last update to upgrade the last full version. Or will tomorrows update override the last update version? ie, will we need to update the last full version with last months update, and then apply tomorrows update again? :blink:

2.) Have you fixed the problems with the Use Cleartype on Welcome screen not working, as well as the option to Turn Num Lock on?

3.) Did you manage to update those couple of hotfixes that were out of date on the last udate version?

Regards.

In answer to 1) Yes.

Install April full/lite, then install May update, then install June update. Run AutoPatcher and you're up to date.