Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Very lucky.............

Italy don't play better, Italy don't view ball after 1st half time.............

LOL France had more goal occasion (Ribery, etc.....) :rolleyes:

Yeah... but they didn't goal. You don't win with "occasions". Italian defence scored out France.

But France play better, and it's a better team, no problem with french defense.......

Italy team is too proud, Materazzi is a ****ing man.

But France play better, and it's a better team, no problem with french defense.......

If they were the better team, then they would win... instead they loose. Live with it.

P.S.

Italy also shot a crossbar... France had "more occasions" to shot out of the goal ;)

France dominated on 75% of the match.

It's a reality, Italy don't merit victory.

Football is a game where you have to goal... not where you have to "dominate" somebody ;) That is another kind of game, eheh...

Yes it's a ****ing man, Zidane is not a violent person.

Football is a game where you have to goal... not where you have to "dominate" somebody ;) That is another kind of game, eheh...

Yes but Buffon don't stop goal, it's just penalty kick, Italy didn't score. Italy is very lucky, and Italy don't merit victory.

Yes it's a ****ing man, Zidane is not a violent person.

Yes but Buffon don't stop goal, it's just penalty kick, Italy didn't score. You are very lucky, and Italy don't merit victory.

Italy made a true goal with Materazzi... France had a not-existent penalty. Buffon didn't stop penalties... and Trezeguet didn't score on penalty... live with it. "C'est la vie.." ;)

It's an existing penalty, I'm sure. I don't view Italy team on 2nd half time, extra time, etc....Only France played football.

France beat Spain, Brazil, Portugal, with true goal, not with non-existing penalty.......

For Trezeguet It was very difficult to score against his friend (Juventus)

It's an existing penalty, I'm sure.

Maybe you have to double-check... I've seen the replay several times from many anglings: Materazzi didn't touch the french player... the penalty didn't exist at all.

I know France beated Spain, Brazil, Portugal etc. but they couldn't beat Italy: sorry :)

Just penalty, not a victory......only luck.

non-existing penalty versus Australia..........lol

It's very hard for Malouda, two play are very close, Materazzy touch right foot of Malouda, I'm sure.

Just penalty, not a victory......only luck.

Yeah... not a victory...

0J25OHBA--508x240.jpg

Bye... try again on 2010 ;)

Italy also loose against Brazil in 1994... penalties are football.

Since the World Cup is over, I think this should be end of this thread for 2006! We will wait for the next Cup where Italia will defend it's title! :D

just luck........

A World Cup finale can't finish with penalty kicks. Italy don't merit victory, I'm sure. All people says France play better. Penalty it's just Fate

Saudi Arabia can beat Brazil at penalty kicks...........

Italy is not the best team of this World Cup, France & Germany are better, and maybe England.

I didn't view a good Italy team on this World Cup........

just luck........

A World Cup finale can't finish with penalty kicks. Italy don't merit victory, I'm sure. All people says France play better. Penalty it's just Fate

Saudi Arabia can beat Brazil at penalty kicks...........

Italy is not the best team of this World Cup, France & Germany are better, and maybe England.

"Italy also loose against Brazil in 1994 (on penalties... Roberto Baggio didn't score the penalty)... penalties are football."

P.S.

Italy didn't win against Germany on penalties ;)

I think Italy played better, their goal was very nice (Y)

but anyway they won and that's what matters Good Job Italy and Congratz on being the world champions (Y)

The red card towards Zidane was deserving...

BUT

I do not agree that he had to talk/comment it to another referee to make his final choice when he didnt see anything. Thats the only thing I didnt like. Personally, It hurt to see Zinedine Zidane go out like that and I would have said "**** it" and taken out a yellow. My explanation to the FIFA would be that I didnt see anything.

And France was better and dominated Italy. I think also France's coach made a error taking out of the game Thierry Henry and putting in Sylvain Wiltord. Yes, Henry was tired but you need someone like Henry when it comes to penalties. David Tr?z?guet shocked me...

Did Italy deserve the win? Not by a long shot

Was the red card towards Zidane correct? Yes

Is Italy the luckiest team in the world cup? You betcha.

Those are the facts. There is no other way around it.

"Italy also loose against Brazil in 1994 (on penalties... Roberto Baggio didn't score the penalty)... penalties are football."

P.S.

Italy didn't win against Germany on penalties ;)

Italy also loose against France in 1998 on penalties.......and on Euro2000......remember you. But it's very difficult to finish World Cup Finale with penalty kicks..... Italy would have been able to lose & France would have been able to win.

I do not agree that he had to talk/comment it to another referee to make his final choice when he didnt see anything. Thats the only thing I didnt like. Personally, It hurt to see Zinedine Zidane go out like that and I would have said "**** it" and taken out a yellow. My explanation to the FIFA would be that I didnt see anything.

well main referee cant see everything on the field thats why there is side referees. he cant give him yellow, i think any such offence in the field will bring you red card.

he could probably loose his job if he would give yellow.

i agree with frenchy, italy isnt the best team in the wc...but sometimesfolks just get very lucky!

Did Italy deserve the win? Not by a long shot

Was the red card towards Zidane correct? Yes

Is Italy the luckiest team in the world cup? You betcha.

Those are the facts. There is no other way around it.

You missed 3 facts:

Could somebody win against Italy? No.

Could France win against Italy? No.

Who is the champion of the world? Italy

:)

Italy also loose against France in 1998 on penalties.......remember you. But it's very difficult to finish World Cup Finale with penalty kicks..... Italy would have been able to lose & France would have been able to win.

In 1998 it wasn't the final match... in 1994 it was the final match ;)

Yes but it's too hard to finish a World Cup finale with a poor Italy team performance..... :whistle:

Italy don't play football after half time......... :laugh:

For me France is champion.