Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Yeah I bet you'd keep your cool live too if I started making 'certain innuendos' about your mother, perhaps your sister and a little racial slur in the mix.

Easy to judge, hard to understand.

Not in the position of having more chances than your team of winning the worldcups. Actually, pretty easy to understand. If you get easily effected by vocal swearing like that, I'm sure you wouldn't get too far in football matches.

However, I'm not slaying Zidane for his skills, which he has. I believed him to be one of the best players around, and was pretty sad once he did that. But again, it's pretty simple if you think about it.

Italy's line-up

Ghana > USA (ha)> Czech > Australia (Barely) > Ukraine (First-timers)> Germany

Funny how you say "ha" when they are the only team to not lose to Italy even playing 10 v 9 for the whole half :laugh:

THink about it guys a veteran like Zidane WOULD NEVER do anything stupid like that if there wasnt legit reason for him to do it. The whole world cup he has been cool calm hardly EVER argues with the officials. Definately provoked

I agree. Zidane is usually very calm and it was his last match - I can't believe he do anything like that at all unless he was seriously insulted/provoked by the Italian player. It was obviously calculated by Zidane. I'd like to find out exactly what happened.

Funny how you say "ha" when they are the only team to not lose to Italy even playing 10 v 9 for the whole half :laugh:

Woohoo I didnt have to say it :laugh:. At least I support my team all the way through.

Erm, that was a lucky own goal commited by Italy. If they hadn't then, it would be 1-0. I mean, are you proud of America's early exit from Round 1?

Temporary Thread Closure

Warnings are being handed out, thread is being cleaned and a certain Brazil fanatic is being teh banz0r3d.

Radish?

Thread is re-opened

Please keep the rest of the discussions civil and free of insults and personal attacks to avoid further punitive actions.

Ok can we stop this deserving win BS for Italy because of Zidane? I will repeat what I said before, Italy's players are just as bad. Franky I'm surprised they made it this far. France > Italy PERIOD.

You didn't hear? Italy won. Be depressed and stay in denial if you wish. We'll all be waiting in reality for ya'...

Erm, that was a lucky own goal commited by Italy. If they hadn't then, it would be 1-0. I mean, are you proud of America's early exit from Round 1?

Lucky goal or not, they tied 1-1. It was more embarrassing for Italy than for the US, considering they were playing with one more man for 40 minutes and still couldn't beat a supposedly "bad" US team.

P.S. I don't know if I should be proud or not, considering I am not American :whistle:

THe team with th least brain explosions won....but goddamn that Grosso :(....

iuno Zidane seemed a bit p***y after Buffon blocked his goal... i think he was just a tired old man..who wanted to go off with a bang :pinch:

In the end beisdes the lapse in the first 1/2 which led to the penalty..the itlaian defence was pretty tight, the french didnt convert their many chances so luck played out to the italians

btw, i didnt want italy to win .. :no: but they did so meh..

no matter what was said, zidane took an ugly turn today. this is very disappointing. said that this may be his last moment on the field and that's how it's left. very sad.

trezeguet choked. with his fresh legs, he should've nailed that.

france having all 3 of their top players out, from injury, booking, and sub, it's no wonder they lost. i've never been so disappointed by someone i admire like that. :(

i die a happy man today. not that i want to. i've been waiting for this since the day i was an azzuri fan about 10 years ago.i was not born when they won in 1982 much less a fan.

france was the better team during the second half of the match but we won on penalties. wasn't that a feat for italy considering how we only won once on penalties out of the 5 times.

now its 2/6. i still dont like the italys going into penalties.

You didn't hear? Italy won. Be depressed and stay in denial if you wish. We'll all be waiting in reality for ya'...

WEll FRance were the better team....Italy jus had luck on their side...when it came to the end...no need to b such a b**** :crazy: no one likes a sore winner...when ppl lose they feel bad so leave it at that :cool:

WEll FRance were the better team....Italy jus had luck on their side...when it came to the end...no need to b such a b**** :crazy: no one likes a sore winner...when ppl lose they feel bad so leave it at that :cool:

No they were for sure not. They lost, and Italy won, their is no way around it. If france was the better team they would have won. France didnt play good enough to win, so they lost, if they played better they might have won, but the didnt so they lost. So quit making excuses.

the only reason why italy won is by accidental miss by the french player. you are very very blind mate, or just dont have a clue about footie.

@ Temp thread close.

Football hooligans, everywhere, even neowin!

yeah! those damn britis!!!! :p

Well at least we get to look forwards to our respective domestic leagues again :D

you are lucky to live in UK..canadians dont show that :cry:

will have to wait for eurocup :woot:

I'm french, and it's very very difficult for me.... :(

French team was a great team, the best I think, Itay was better only on the 1st half time.

I think it's very hard to lose World Cup on penalty kicks.... :cry:

Materazzy is a ****ing man, he offensed Zidane's mother. it's normal Zidane thrust his forehead into the chest of Marco Materazzi.... :crazy:

Italy don't merit World Cup. For example Germany a very good team and fair play team. I preffered that is Germany vs France on finale.

Woooooo Italy won! Yeyeah!

Anyone have a clear picture of Italy's team with the trophy? Not the ones on FIFA's site. They look a little pixelated.

festa2.jpg

ITALY WORLD CUP 2006 w-i-n-n-e-r!!!!

After 24yrs the 4th CUP!

mast3_t.jpg

Image from the match...

epa10xo7x_20060710.jpg

GREAT GLADIATOR! Love Totti!

4089819517.jpg

Zidane pass over the Cup after red card, SHAME!

3614890502.jpg

Del Piero and Gattuso kiss the cup!

FORZA AZZURRI FORZA ITALIA!!!!

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

France was just ridiculous against the Italian defence... and the penalty for France didn't exist, I call this "divine justice".

Italy is the best team... Italy is the champion... France is the first of the lasts.

Very lucky.............

Italy don't play better, Italy don't view ball after 1st half time.............

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO

France was just ridiculous against the Italian defence... and the penalty for France didn't exist, I call this "divine justice".

Italy is the best team... Italy is the champion... France is the first of the lasts.

LOL France had more goal occasion (Ribery, etc.....) :rolleyes: