Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Just like I expected. They played like crap and they got lucky on one shot :no:

Crap? just count how many opportunities they had

and lucky? that was a hell of a goal :huh:

Crap? just count how many opportunities they had

and lucky? that was a hell of a goal :huh:

Bleh... Just ignore him. He's been trolling like that since the first page.

Anyway, Croatia is playing great... I hope they can make some goal now...

What the hell is Roberto Carlos doing? he is playing crap this second half and he is taking away the deffense balance.

Pretty poor performance from Brazil, but I think that is mainly down to Ronaldo and Adriano in poor form. Ronaldo looked like he was injured, as he never made any dazzling run's like he normally does, he just...walked. The guy is world class, but he just does not look fit at this moment in time. Ronaldinho is by the far the most entertaining player in the world, the way he passes or shoot's and looks the opposite way is hilarious!

France were also very poor today, infact most of the favourites have been poor in there opening games. But I have the feeling each team is just "feeling" there way into the tournament...

boy, am i glad i postponed doing my errands for THAT. now i'll be in traffic for the rest of the day.

ronaldo was a disgrace.

kakas strike was very nice!

Yeh, they didnt put up th show I know they can do, but also let be honest. When Brazil dont destroy then everyone accusses them of playing bad even if they win. Croatia played great but they got canned.

Bleh... Just ignore him. He's been trolling like that since the first page.

Yes, I am trolling because I am speaking the truth :rolleyes:

Please, if Brazil plays like this, they won't even get to the quarter finals. They displayed a very poor game today; too bad Croatia couldn't capitalize in those many opportunities in the second half.

Croatia played great but they got canned.

Nice oxymoron :|

well at least it snot himiliating defeat. they held up quite nicely. Croatia had some chances in the second half...but just didnt worked out :(

I must agree. Props to Brazil for the win and special props to Kaka for that great goal.

I couldn't help but notice Ronaldo walk around the field all game long breaking no sweat. He looks pretty fat as well. He better get in shape soon.

Yes, I am trolling because I am speaking the truth :rolleyes:

Please, if Brazil plays like this, they won't even get to the quarter finals. They displayed a very poor game today; too bad Croatia couldn't capitalize in those many opportunities in the second half.

Nice oxymoron :|

:rolleyes: Don't expect Brazil play like they played today all the games

EDIT: I agree about Ronaldo. I wanted to see him play and all that he did was walk :no:

:rolleyes: Don't expect Brazil play like they played today all the games

That's why I said if they play like that, not they will play like that.

Ronaldo looks like he's floating around, like in the begining of the game where he could have had a good strike if he ran towards the ball, instead he waited for the ball to come to him, and by the time it came close, Croatia kicked it away.

The game was very disappointing. I kept waiting for Brazil to get off their arses and turn on the style, but it never happened, though Kaka's goal was great.

Credit to the Croats though, they played really well, too bad they couldn't score.

What to say about Ronaldo? He wa off in his own world, and aside from that one shot on goal,h barely touched the ball. Same with Adriano, poor performance. Hopefully we'll see Ronaldo back to his best soon enough. He always performs best at such events.

Is there a reason why Adu isn't on the team? Even if he is too young or something, wouldnt it be good for him to be an alternate just to gain some experience?

prolly the reason Adu isn't on the team is that yes, he is young nad not as experiemced but prolly the main reason he that he opened his mouth and said some things the last year that were disrespectful and Arena decided he didn't want him on his team.

I think Adu has alot of talent but he needs an attitude adjustment if he wants to be great

Has to be best game so far, Brazil vs croats.

Yeah some bad players and Brazil not being as good as everyone says... but the croats played very well.

But what's up with every game... 1 goal only :rofl:

Yeh, they didnt put up th show I know they can do, but also let be honest. When Brazil dont destroy then everyone accusses them of playing bad even if they win. Croatia played great but they got canned.

I think what you said resume everything pretty well.

If Brasil dont win by a score of 3 or more goals everyone will just throw up that they are playing crap.

What you dont see is that Brasil manage to be pretty stable, with the victory against Croatia, Brasil has a new record of 8 consecutive victories in world cups.

Imo, Brasil did a good match against a tough adversary.

Now Parreira can fix the team.

And you can be sure that we will win our 6th star this year. You'll see.

:D

Go BR !!!

Well I've somehow managed to hold back from giving my 2 cents on the Cup so far but I think it's about time I enter the fray lol. I'm rooting for Italy all the way so if that seems to cloud my points here so be it lol.

Well, I'll start off with the Azzurri. Too many missed opportunities. I know 2-0 is a good score but it could have easily been 4 or 5 goals for my boys. The crossbar that Toni crushed the ball off of was just unlucky but there were several instances where players were one step to slow on runs or missed wide open teammates. When Gilardino (who is my favorite player in the world so it pains me to criticize him but I saw what I saw lol) came down the right and blasted that low shot that Kingston saved he had Toni running in the middle of the box with no one within 6-7 yards of him. Also, Kingston was VERY suspect on any crosses and they just couldn't get someone on the end of those. Still, a win's a win and Ghana put up a good fight.

I actually fell asleep during the France-Switzerland match. I don't think more needs to be said. Les Bleus had a great stretch with the win in 1998 and Eruo championship in 2000 (damn injury time and golden goal that should've been Italy's title lol) but I think they're not going to go far this year. When your key players are essentially the same as 8 years ago (with Henry obviously emerging as a superstar) you just might be too old.

I don't think Brazil played like absolute crap as some people seem to think. Granted, it wasn't their most spectacular performance but Croatia has a decent side and they fought hard. Remember, every team will probably prepare for their matches with Brazil more and harder than they will against anyone else. That's what happens when you're the top dogs and thought to be by such a wide margin. Having the bull's-eye on your back means everyone's going to give a little more when they play you. Kaka's goal was a beauty. Like everyone has pretty much concurred though, Brazil's strikers need to step up. Ronaldo looked like a boy wandering around aimlessly on the pitch (aside from the ONE shot) and Adriano had no more than 2 or 3 qualtiy touches IMO. Robinho provided a nice spark and I honestly believe that if Ronaldo was not so close to the record he wouldn't see another minute in the tournament after that shameful display.

The U.S.'s effort was despicable and there's nothing really more to say about that.

The Japan-Australia game was great. The Iran-Mexico match was also entertaining. And Germany showing itself to be an offensive minded team was interesting lol.

There's more I could comment on but I just don't fell like it at the moment. Here's to some great football over the rest of the tourney and Forza Azzurri!!!! :)

I thought also brazil had a poor match, they got great players and it didn't seem to show by the way they are playing and walking about.

Only a few for me stood out and it was Ronaldoino Carlos.

Hats of to crotia they did play pretty good and were unlucky.

For me i can't wait for Brazil Vs Aus, if brazil play like they did today then i'm sure Aus can get some great long range shots in from Kewell, Viduka and Cahill. I'm sure if they were playing today they would of loved it. Even thou Aus played japan and only won it from the last 10 mins they played some good shots

man did that usa game suck. i know i'm a few days late, but my parents came to visit, so i've been busy. still have to believe, and hope we have a chance. but italy is gonna be a tough match.

......... So yeah i guess you can be mad, becuase they win everything else, but dont try to act like it was the greatest day ever when they lose, because its not like they ever won anything before.

LOL..., just like they dominated on the last World Baseball Classic. :rolleyes:

Let me remember who won that one ...... oh yea it was Japan.