Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

I cant wait for the US vs Czech game. Were facing the number 2 team in the world, so it should be one hell of a match.

Number 5 vs Number 2, who will win?

Congrats to Australia. Their last two goals were very nice, although I do think that Japan played a better game overal.

Credits to Hiddink too, he really affected the game with the player changes. I supported Japan though, too bad they lost.

The Australia game was amazing. They derserved the win right from the start. Birthday boy also scored two goals :p

trant, there isn't any player in the world that can single handedly "destroy" a team, I'm sorry. If Nedved and Rosicky are at their best and the rest of the team is mediocre, they will not win. 2 v 11 will not get you the win.

Man, I can't wait for this game to start.

Even though I am Portuguese by blood and birth, my heart is with my residing country :D

GO USA!!!

I think the Australia had the match because they supported the heat better.

We could clearly see that the Japanese defenders had no strenght to run at the end. Plus Japan attack had the oportunity to seal the victory 2 or 3 times and again we saw extremely tired (heat problems) players.

Anyway, congrats to Australia for the 3 points. Its what it matter.

Lets hope the USA x Czech will be as open as the Aus x Jpn.

Go USA !!!

I think the Czech's will beat USA, but I am looking forward to watching the FM legend that is Eddie Johnson, Adu should of been included as well! USA should get beat simply because they call "football", "soccer".

Nedved, Rosicky and Baros for the win!

Why do you all try to leave out the United States when they have the 5th ranked team, and dont give me any **** about ranks dont matter, because if it was any other teams you would use the same argument.

Im here hoping for a very, very big humilliation against the US.

Go Czech Republic!

US down 2-0 to the Czechs after the first half. Man, the US look LOST out there and their D is pathetic. They're standing there just looking at the ball go around them, and their offense is invisible.

ya know, watching the US play soccer, makes me not want to watch soccer anymore. typical american sytle, LAZY!

2nd czech goal was a BEAUTY.

and can someone explain to me, why the US doesn't corner kick??

US down 2-0 to the Czechs after the first half. Man, the US look LOST out there and their D is pathetic. They're standing there just looking at the ball go around them, and their offense is invisible.

they are not even playing like they are the 6th ranked in the fifa rank (not fifth like some people here say). Heck, they are even tied in the 6th place with another two teams.

I wouldn't say lazy. The US defense is just horrible.

The Czechs are going aroud them and they do nothing but watch. I think they're nervous and have a lot of pressure to meet last WC's expectations.

i think it was a huge mistake not putting Adu on the team. At least Adu would have given them a spark.

flipping heck.. does the USA team even know how to play football? all those crazy knocks and fouls on nedved.. sheesh this if football not american football.. serves the captain geting a yellow card after several attempts on knocking off nedved..