Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

i can't watch this anymore.

i've never seen a team turnover the ball so often. the czech defense has shut them down, but also, just awful passing. so frustrating to watch.

I wouldn't say lazy. The US defense is just horrible.

i would say not running at the ball when your down by two, is lazy!

they are not even playing like they are the 6th ranked in the fifa rank (not fifth like some people here say). Heck, they are even tied in the 6th place with another two teams.

According to Fifa, they are fifth.

And whats with all the Anti-US feelings?

I agree with djpnuemo, they are doing horrible passing and the defense is falling asleep. The US has a good team, but whats going on today when it counts?

Edit: The fans need to wake up too. They have kept quiet ever since the first goal. A little noise might give the US team the support it needs. You know, seeing as Bruce Arena is just sitting there. :no:

Edit 2: 3-0 as I type this. Now its just a joke.

i, obviously live in the US. and although i'm not a die hard fan, i love soccer. and to see our home country play so badly, is frustrating.

when i saw the US was ranked fifth, i thought, 'where did they get the information to come up with that?'. just because of a quarterfinal appearance in '02. retarded.

hahahah, as i type this, they give up another.

Pathetic display. The defense is horrible. The offense showed some spark around the 70-75min mark, but couldn't finish anything.

The Czechs are forcing the US to make passes, and of course, the US passes are weak and too predictable. Pathetic game.

Anyone else think Freddy Adu should be playing right now? I dont understand how he didn't make the team.

According to Fifa, they are fifth.

And whats with all the Anti-US feelings?

I agree with djpnuemo, they are doing horrible passing and the defense is falling asleep. The US has a good team, but whats going on today when it counts?

Edit: The fans need to wake up too. They have kept quiet ever since the first goal. A little noise might give the US team the support it needs. You know, seeing as Bruce Arena is just sitting there. :no:

Edit 2: 3-0 as I type this. Now its just a joke.

I stand corrected. you are right. in the opther hand is nice to see my team now in 4rth place in the ranks, just above... you guessed it, the US :laugh:

And whats with all the Anti-US feelings you ask? Well, the US is not exactly the most popular kid in the neighborhood.

I can't wait to see Rosicky at Arsenal :drool:

for sure! i'm still in shock over his first goal. i need a video cap of that goal, so i can watch it over and over.

Why do you all try to leave out the United States when they have the 5th ranked team, and dont give me any **** about ranks dont matter, because if it was any other teams you would use the same argument.

Well that dire performance against the Czech's has just summed up how inaccurate the rankings can be...

haha, what a great loss for usa :D i almost felt sorry for all those disapointed fans in the arena :p usa's coach is such a pathetic pig..sitting there emotionless! i wouldnt want to have him as a coash..not very motivating.

strongest game so far in wc, and most humiliating defeat for usa :D

I stand corrected. you are right. in the opther hand is nice to see my team now in 4rth place in the ranks, just above... you guessed it, the US :laugh:

And whats with all the Anti-US feelings you ask? Well, the US is not exactly the most popular kid in the neighborhood.

Ahh yes, Mexico. Still holding resentment from having the team above you send you packing in 2002? :whistle:

Humiliating defeat for the US, even I have to agree with that

usa's coach is such a pathetic pig..sitting there emotionless! i wouldnt want to have him as a coash..not very motivating.

that's really funny

:yes: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahh yes, Mexico. Still holding resentment from having the team above you send you packing in 2002? :whistle:

Humiliating defeat for the US, even I have to agree with that

Live in the past if you want, the present is what matters, and the present is that Mexico scored three goals to win and the US received three goals to loose.

and if you insist talking about the past, until 2002 the US was never able to win a match vs Mexico xD

in the opther hand is nice to see my team now in 4rth place in the ranks, just above... you guessed it, the US :laugh:

Mexico being 4th in the world is even worse than the US being 5th, for the simple fact the US kicked them out of the '02 tourney. Why are you even bringing Mexico into this? You guys were outplayed one full half by a team named Iran and if it weren't for a defensive error by their defense, you would've tied with them. I suggest you take a look at your team first before knocking off another team :whistle:

AUs vs Japan was the best

I don't know about that. Australia lobbed the ball into the area, how many times? 50? They finally woke up and decided to not lob it in and look what happened, three goals.

Anyway, I don't see why all of you here are saying this is embarrassing. Yes, the US played pretty bad, but are you forgetting Czech Republic is 2nd in the world? :unsure:

It doesn't suprise me the 2nd best team in the world beat the US :whistle:

cristiano ronaldo is a big baby. you breathe on him, he falls over or complains. bitches he didn't get passed the ball.

Not exactly. What are you trying to say is that every footballer is a big baby. Assuming that you play(ed) football, you would know that everyone gets mad when they don't get the ball, specially when you're in a good position.

Ah, with no freudianisms, the only reason you bitch with Cristiano and see him so much is because he gets all the close-ups in the game, mostly because he usually reveals better skills than us, and makes more money on a second that we would win over 5 years.

Awww diddums Cristiano!

02-ronaldo-crying.jpg

Awww diddums Vassel!

0,,2004290825,00.jpg

The similarities: they both gave everything they had

The difference: Cristiano made it to the final and was the host, you didn't*

* this is the part where you would use something on the WC66, where you forced the portuguese players to a long travel, and then cheated with the referee... so don't even try.

Eh is the page not working or wrong flash?

It's actually no-flash. Unofficial x86-64 Windows build. This is where IE kicks in.

3-0 against the US :o

And Japan lost! Arararara... f(T_T)

I believe that Mexico and Portugal are certain to move on to the next phase.

and if you insist talking about the past, until 2002 the US was never able to win a match vs Mexico xD

What? :unsure:

The US and Mexico have met over 40 times and we all know Mexico didn't win all 40 :whistle:

Take a look at your stats.

You guys were outplayed one full half by a team named Iran

outplayed? Need to remind you who scored first?

Iran deffense inded held us for a moment and their offense got some moments, but as far as I remember they got just two clear opportunities in the first half and none in the second.

And you are talking like errors are an extraordinarie happening in this game. errors occurs in every game and a team need to take advantage. also the third mexico goel didnt came from an error.

And before you take down a team just for its name or fame remember that we are in the world cup, where the best teams of hundreds listed in the fifa ranks play, there is no weak opponent in this tournament. But that its typical you know? When the US is not the best in something they try to seek excuses to bring down other people achievements.

I fully understand. I am not American, so I am not here making excuses of why they lost, though I was pulling for them. You were the one that was bashing the US saying they got embarrassed when you clearly just said the World Cup is full of competetive teams. Did you expect anything less from the second best team in the world?

outplayed? Need to remind you who scored first?

I sure hope you know that just because you scored first doesn't mean you were playing good :whistle:

I turned off the TV i got so mad...

I caught the game at the beginning of the 2nd half and I went back to work after the Czech scored their 3rd goal.

I fully understand. I am not American, so I am not here making excuses of why they lost, though I was pulling for them. You were the one that was bashing the US saying they got embarrassed when you clearly just said the World Cup is full of competetive teams. Did you expect anything less from the second best team in the world?

I sure hope you know that just because you scored first doesn't mean you were playing good :whistle:

No, but I do expect better from the 5th best team in the world whose player have draged down other teams in the past with thrash talk.

We did play good btw. I hope you know that just because a team start in deffensive mode in order to study an unknown (unknown in the term that we have never played against Iran before) is just another strategy and way to play. Or do you expect every team start with full attack?