HL2: Episode One "Official" Thread

Mine is preloaded all the way as far as I know, its been that way for awhile now.

Mine got to 100% over a week ago. Then every few days it updates again back from about 80% back to 100%.

They did the same with all the other preloads. They don't send you all the assets in one big preload.

I'm sure they staged the preloads to stop people (possibly) decompiling it earlier, or at least getting a directory structure.

Mine has been happily preloading at 100kb/s with my ****ty 1mb broadband and it is now completely done and waiting for release at 6pm tonight in the uk woooooooo

at time of post:

HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE ONE WILL BE PLAYABLE ON STEAM IN:

00 Days, 07 Hours, 34 Minutes, 00 Seconds

I am with you, I cannot wait either. (Y)

Luckily for me these days, I work from home.

I am about to go to bed, but I decided to stay up this late working on stuff I have to do tomorrow, so when 1 PM rolls around, I take the rest of the day off, and just play the game.

Just 10 hours left. :yes:

I work from home too, but tomorrow I got to go with the girlfriend to buy stuff for our theatre's basket raffle. :rolleyes: So I most likely won't get to playing it until tomorrow night at the latest. :cry:

I have to go clothes shopping later. Dammit! Can't play til late tonight.

I reckon a late night for some UKers tonight :p

The thing is, there's no point rushing... it's a 6 hour game. I'm just going to whack it on hard and take my time with it. And there's the commentary to listen to afterwards.

When I open Steam and click 'Purchase' (Half-Life 2: Episode One), I get a 'The page cannot be displayed' error :/

Internet Explorer seems to try and go to steam://purchase/79 but fails, and Firefox tells me that the steam protocol isn't associated with any program.

EDIT: Reinstalling Steam didn't help.

Its been doing that all week for me, but with the media files.....pre-ordered/pre-loaded fine :/

7hours 15mins to go w00t \o/

I have to go clothes shopping later. Dammit! Can't play til late tonight.

I reckon a late night for some UKers tonight :p

The thing is, there's no point rushing... it's a 6 hour game. I'm just going to whack it on hard and take my time with it. And there's the commentary to listen to afterwards.

bah clothes are for P*****s, play it naked. you know it's the only way to play.

bah clothes are for P*****s, play it naked. you know it's the only way to play.

I'd get a sweaty ass crack on my leather chair :pinch:

Too right Lunamonkey its gonna be a late night :D

That's right, ignore my comment, it's the best idea, move along... nothing to see here :laugh:

That's right, ignore my comment, it's the best idea, move along... nothing to see here :laugh:

Probably for the best, i was about to get into how the hazard suit chaffs.

as you were..

how many hours gameplay did they say this one should be?

Probably for the best, i was about to get into how the hazard suit chaffs.

as you were..

how many hours gameplay did they say this one should be?

Six hours I believe.

Four to six hours depending on skill. I guess most us experienced FPS players will get through it in about 4-5 hours.

Also on computerandvideogames.com they posted something about the game which could be a spoiler, it doesn't ruin the story of the episode just an idea of what might happen.

It hints that some main characters will die in the three episodes planned (alyx's father maybe). Also it mentions the story of episode one, is G-Man finally losing control over Freeman, which most of us knew because the trailer has a soundbite of G-Man sounding quite angry.

Link to full article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140776

Four to six hours depending on skill. I guess most us experienced FPS players will get through it in about 4-5 hours.

Also on computerandvideogames.com they posted something about the game which could be a spoiler, it doesn't ruin the story of the episode just an idea of what might happen.

It hints that some main characters will die in the three episodes planned (alyx's father maybe). Also it mentions the story of episode one, is G-Man finally losing control over Freeman, which most of us knew because the trailer has a soundbite of G-Man sounding quite angry.

Link to full article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140776

There is no mention in the source [Gabe] of that person. They [pczone] have just guessed that.

I'll be definately playing this when I get home from work. Hopefully it will offer more explanations after that crazy ending in HL2! :cool:

HALF-LIFE 2: EPISODE ONE WILL BE PLAYABLE ON STEAM IN:

00 Days, 04 Hours, 28 Minutes, 29 Seconds

WOOTNESS!!!! HURRY UP VALVE!!!

Reading another thread on Neowin, someone said they were able to buy Steam purchases via PayPal - possible or not?

Radish?

Reading another thread on Neowin, someone said they were able to buy Steam purchases via PayPal - possible or not?

Radish?

last time i bought my package there was no Paypal option but i could be wrong mate, although i know one thing for sure, we use ? pounds which means if a package cost $20 you will be charged at;)?11 ;)

Radish?

Unfortunately, Not Possible it appears...

[quWhat forms of payment are accepted on Steam?

We accept the following credit cards for purchases of Steam games:

Visa

Mastercard

Discover

American Express

JCB

In addition to the credit cards listed above, we do accept debit cards which bear the Visa or Mastercard logo.

Source

Yeah, they don't take Paypal, which is why I'm going out today and picking it. Shame, I really need to get one soon. I wanted to not get one for as long as possible.