HL2: Episode One "Official" Thread

Agreed. So far it is absolutely Brilliant, and I do not use that word lightly.

I am actually going to take a break and go eat some lunch and take care of some things, as I have a feeling it is me and this game until it is beaten tonight.

DL.. I would expect you would be the one to post some screenshots here. Esp since you know I am at work until 5 and not even going to mention how I won't have my cable installed until the 9th!!!.... so.. help me out and post some nice screen shots....

Rather good game I'd say. Just finished it. Looking forward to Episode 2 now.

Might get a Podcast review of it sometime soonish to if you guys are lucky :)

Wow! Theres some mean shiz in this game so far, although I'll be the first to brave it and say 'its very short'. There appear to be 6 'chapters' in the game (as in HL2 where you could launch a specific part of the game once complete), and less than 2 hours after launch and the download finishing i'm already into the 3rd part. I know its episodic gaming and all this....but I can't help thinking i'd rather them compile the episodes into one game and launch them all together.....

:|

What? I've had it available a bit longer than the rest of you :) (read: since yesterday, I think)

Needless to say however, I only played it since this morning. I wanted to get that whole "on release day" feel, which I did. Amazing experience, really.

Played it since 7 (now 8:30) and so far it is blooming good, so much better than i thought it would be, lots of action and more dialogue :)

I'm only on the second chapter but i think i'm near the end of that one. I died so i thought i'd have a break and get back to Halo 2 for a bit.

So there's no new weapons? :(

You'd think it'd be more than just new levels, since these 3 episodes are supposed to comprise what they're doing instead of a Half-Life 3 (from what I've read in interviews).

SPOILER SCREENSHOTS AHEAD !

loving the game so far :D have a few screens

zombines :D

post-27581-1149194140_thumb.jpg

post-27581-1149194190_thumb.jpg

they run in at you, not as fast as the speed zombie's from ravenholm tho

just posted this in another topic, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-28727017032978691

its the end sequence by the way

Thanks, I wanted to know what happened but I don't want to waste my money on this game. Valve are going to milk this story so far. You can tell that in another 6 episodes questions still won't be answered but more will be raised.

Thanks, I wanted to know what happened but I don't want to waste my money on this game. Valve are going to milk this story so far. You can tell that in another 6 episodes questions still won't be answered but more will be raised.

There are going to be 3 episodes. At $20 a pop is $60 for the full 3 episode arc, which gives about 12-15 hours of pure singleplayer goodness. This is about as much as a "normal" game costs, with about the same singleplayer playtime. I'd much rather give my money to Valve, simply because they make AAA games, not garbage.