Post your workstations

XFX 7800 GS AGP extreme edition , Monitor 1 (VGA connection) runs at 1680 by 1050 , monitor 2 (DVI Connection) runs at 1680 by 1050. I will have a mess around with cabling at the weekend. Im thinking either my computer cant handle these monitors at full res or there is a problem with the monitors. I find some webites in full screen cause a high usage of the cpu. For example if you go into neowin forums and move the mouse over those blue bars which highlight thread topics then there is a noticable lag when you go between them. Also flash can be very laggy. Like i said i admit this is my first venture into flat panels and dual screen setup so maybe this is normal. If i disconnect one monitor then i notice most if not all the lag disappears in fash animations and general browsing. Im still having to leave vsynch enabled to stop tearing in bf2 :( wish i knew more about flat screen monitors to know if there was an issue. I was quite happy on my crt but noooo i had to get a dell2007 :(

Like it :)

How well does the creative player work on OS X ?

If you have all your tracks on iTunes sorted, then it works fine :) this program you use works with iTunes but it is a bit slow, so i still use WMP on my PC

XFX 7800 GS AGP extreme edition , Monitor 1 (VGA connection) runs at 1680 by 1050 , monitor 2 (DVI Connection) runs at 1680 by 1050. I will have a mess around with cabling at the weekend. Im thinking either my computer cant handle these monitors at full res or there is a problem with the monitors. I find some webites in full screen cause a high usage of the cpu. For example if you go into neowin forums and move the mouse over those blue bars which highlight thread topics then there is a noticable lag when you go between them. Also flash can be very laggy. Like i said i admit this is my first venture into flat panels and dual screen setup so maybe this is normal. If i disconnect one monitor then i notice most if not all the lag disappears in fash animations and general browsing. Im still having to leave vsynch enabled to stop tearing in bf2 :( wish i knew more about flat screen monitors to know if there was an issue. I was quite happy on my crt but noooo i had to get a dell2007 :(

That video card should be able to handle both at full res without any problems. What are the other specs on your PC? The highCPU usage while you scroll over topics on Neowin is normal, you can change the skin to stop this behavior.

Well, I've gone... triple! :rofl:

I tried the same thing for a while since I had a extra CRT around. For me it was overkill, two LCD's are enough for me.

Edited by Frank

Are all three monitors actually hooked up to one computer? Or just two of them...

They're hooked up to one computer:

-My old Radeon 9600 SE via AGP (1 to LCD and secondary to TV)

-2 CRT's via a Radeon 7000 PCI

It's probably temporary since I kind of yanked it off my brother who is currently travelling, and yes, as Frank stated, it's overkill. On the other hand, it's becoming quite useful for end-of-year projects. :laugh:

sounds like somebody forgot to install there video card drivers.

nah its not that ive definately got the video drivers installed as i downloaded the latest ones from nvidia website. It can run both monitors ok but its the little things like the blue bar which appears on the neowin forum, or at the top of the main page where you move the mouse over Main, apple, gamers, Software etc. Also in i tunes if i have i tunes on full screen and hover the mouse over the menu options theres noticeable lag. If i resize the window from 1680 by 1050 down to say 1024 by 768 (not changing the resolution but resizing the window) it runs fine. Also if i go to google video and watch any video in full screen there is a slight I dunno perhaps its just me. Looking at XFX website it does say the max supported rez with this card is 2048x1536@85Hz. It may just be because im using dual view. Im thinking perhaps if i ran both monitors in vertical span i may not see such a performance hit. Im happy with it anyway :)

Other specs are

AMD Athlon FX 53 socket 940 processor

2gb pc3200 corsair xms

2 * 10,000rpm 74gb wd raptor drives

XFX 7800GS AGP graphics card

They're hooked up to one computer:

-My old Radeon 9600 SE via AGP (1 to LCD and secondary to TV)

-2 CRT's via a Radeon 7000 PCI

It's probably temporary since I kind of yanked it off my brother who is currently travelling, and yes, as Frank stated, it's overkill. On the other hand, it's becoming quite useful for end-of-year projects. :laugh:

How do you find that with performance using a pci graphics card ?

Edited by andy2004

nah its not that ive definately got the video drivers installed as i downloaded the latest ones from nvidia website. It can run both monitors ok but its the little things like the blue bar which appears on the neowin forum, or at the top of the main page where you move the mouse over Main, apple, gamers, Software etc. Also in i tunes if i have i tunes on full screen and hover the mouse over the menu options theres noticeable lag. If i resize the window from 1680 by 1050 down to say 1024 by 768 (not changing the resolution but resizing the window) it runs fine. Also if i go to google video and watch any video in full screen there is a slight I dunno perhaps its just me. Looking at XFX website it does say the max supported rez with this card is 2048x1536@85Hz. It may just be because im using dual view. Im thinking perhaps if i ran both monitors in vertical span i may not see such a performance hit. Im happy with it anyway :)

Other specs are

AMD Athlon FX 53 socket 940 processor

2gb pc3200 corsair xms

2 * 10,000rpm 74gb wd raptor drives

XFX 7800GS AGP graphics card

did you have an ATI card prior to your 7800GS? if you did, I would reccomend using driver cleaner and starting over fresh. even if you didn't, I would reccomend it.

It's not that bad. Since I don't game a lot, performance is usually irrelevant to me, however it plays videos just fine on any of the 3 monitors.

^

I always think that cologne stuff says the f word, but it is fcuk

No... Is that maybe why they named it that? :rolleyes:

haha, sorry.. Just feel sarcastic atm :D