Post your workstations

its a LCD TV not a purpose built pc monitor. hence the lower resolution.

I have the LVM37w3 version. Actually it is a purpose built PC monitor. Westinghouse lists it under their "Monitor" section. and 1920x1080 w/ a 8ms response time, is not a low resolution. the only screen (other than laptops) that has higher is the Dell 2407 (1920x1200) 3007 & Apple Cinema @ 2560x1600. the Westinghouse has 1000:1 contrast ratio wich is far better than either Apple or Dell (700:1), plus its 1080P HDTV capable w/ PIP. Games look amazing! and has 2 DVI slots 1 D-sub and 1 HDMI etc. and you don't need $1000 in video cards to run games.

I'd rather have the multi purpose Westinghouse anyday.

Edited by joeskow

I've never heard of a 17" wide running 1920x1200. Show me the link of your product please.

I imagine he is talking about his "LAPTOP". in any case you know and I know he doesn't have a 17" LCD monitor @1920x1200. they don't exsist.

So having an optical driving on a carpet makes me a noob? Please take my picture off of your site.

Sorry... not trying to bring up old topics but Cephas asked you to take the picture off the site, and it's still on... I do believe it should be removed as he requested.

Sue under what? That picture was posted in a public forum. Just wondering.

'i dunno... i was just trying to scare the guy into taking it down :p We could propably find something though :whistle:

Just set this up quickly this morning, since I had nothing better to do with this monitor: a Nintendo DS-style dual-screen setup. My laptop's display is used primarily for widgets, and I use the 19" Dell monitor for most of my real stuff.

awesomesetup.JPG

Nice setup. I tried using my PPC screen for widgets once, but the novelty wore off after half an hour ;)

based on uk law,

the photo was taken by Cephas and hence he owns the copyright on it by law. thus he can request it be removed with the threat of legal action. assuming he can prove he took the photo.

secondly, Cephas could bring legal action based on the slanderous nature of the website. he could claim that being called a 'noob' is slander and seek compensation.

so overall Cephas has plenty of ammo on this one.

Jason He. You have the tidy desk of the year award wrapped up!!

Im embarressed to post my desk, id look stupid :blush:

a lot of people tidy up theri workstation and make it as neat, wire-free and clean as possible before posting.

Half of them look unused, I know I tidy mine up a bit, but often there is paperwork / media / mugs / etc all ove rmy desk because i spend more time working and playing than I do tidying up. This is also the reason I dont often post, because i dont get chance to get it looking nice.

its a LCD TV not a purpose built pc monitor. hence the lower resolution.

doesn't have a tuner, its not a TV, just a big monitor with bunch of video inputs

based on uk law,

the photo was taken by Cephas and hence he owns the copyright on it by law. thus he can request it be removed with the threat of legal action. assuming he can prove he took the photo.

secondly, Cephas could bring legal action based on the slanderous nature of the website. he could claim that being called a 'noob' is slander and seek compensation.

so overall Cephas has plenty of ammo on this one.

:yes:

That's the spirit.

Most HDTV's don't have tuners anyways. You saying my 52" RP LCD isn't a TV either?

He was being technical.

Television.

Without tuner there isn't the "tele" part. With only vision left, which functions as a monitoring device thus the name monitor. There're many types of monitors, or should we say tasks. Most commonly one is PC which we call computer monitor. ;)

I've never heard of a 17" wide running 1920x1200. Show me the link of your product please.

dL

My Sony Vaio laptop has 17" screen at 1920x1200

My Sony Vaio laptop has 17" screen at 1920x1200

As does 17" my Dell inspiron 9300 , i think such density is only common in high end laptops though.

a lot of people tidy up theri workstation and make it as neat, wire-free and clean as possible before posting.

Half of them look unused, I know I tidy mine up a bit, but often there is paperwork / media / mugs / etc all ove rmy desk because i spend more time working and playing than I do tidying up. This is also the reason I dont often post, because i dont get chance to get it looking nice.

Which is exactly the reason I haven't posted my new rig yet... besides that I'm waiting for some more LED fans to make it brighter. (ModStream fan isn't that bright). I was thinking about cathodes, but those seem even cheesier than LEDs. So yea, maybe if i stop being lazy, I'll clean and post.

Which is exactly the reason I haven't posted my new rig yet... besides that I'm waiting for some more LED fans to make it brighter. (ModStream fan isn't that bright). I was thinking about cathodes, but those seem even cheesier than LEDs. So yea, maybe if i stop being lazy, I'll clean and post.

Your PC-65B would look a lot better without LEDs or Neons :no:

Your PC-65B would look a lot better without LEDs or Neons :no:

But that's why i got the window! People can't properly appreciate my hardware unless it's well lit. Maybe I'll grab some white lights, but I hear those aren't usually that bright.

Edit: it also already has a light from my PSU's fan. It's not really that bright though.

Here's my slightly reconfigured workstation. I just got the old Dell 20" today from a friend for $50 :D It's color reproduction sucks so I'm not going to use it for graphics work or anything like that on any of my PCs -- I'll stick with my 1901fps, thank you -- but it's going to do TV/Xbox Media Center duties (watching 24 season 5 right now) and it works great for that.

Putting a couple shots in different lighting because I suck at photography.

1_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg