Girl, 14, sues MySpace over sexual assault

Really? In canada the age of consent is 14 correct me if i'm wrong, anyone except an authorative figure like a teacher can have sex with anyone as long as they are older than 14, as long as it is consentual. I dont see anything wrong with this case really, like sure he lied, but ... its not that big of a stretch. They both wanted it.

I believe that's with parental consent or 16 with parental consent. Something like that..

is she american?... then yanks are always sueing people o/j ... now dont you go suing me now *backs away slowly and quietly*

Does that have anything to do with the topic? :rolleyes:

The girl is an idiot. Hopefully MySpace countersues her...

I like how it says he gained her trust by saying he was a senior in high school.

"OMG UR A SENUR U MUST B TRUSTWORTHY GET WIT ME PLZ!"

Haha, nice one. :laugh:

She should sue her isp for giving her access to myspace and her parents for giving her access to a computer.

thats what i was thinking. how does myspace even fit into this? why not her phone company?

3 words.

her stupid fault.

the girl should be slapped and not allowed to leave the house until she matures a bit. pitiful people

I fully agree. She's so stupid. Why are such stupid people allowed computers? It's like one of the first rules you learn as a child "Never give out your personal information." That includes phone numbers.... dumb ass.

maybe MySpace should have a 18+ rule?

I don't see that ever working. All they have to do is click on a year that makes them 18.

I don't see that ever working. All they have to do is click on a year that makes them 18.

Simple. Just make it so you have to have a credit card to join. Then no one under 18 will be able to get on without thier parents knowing. And if the parents allow them on, then they are bad parents and deserve whatever happens.

Simple. Just make it so you have to have a credit card to join. Then no one under 18 will be able to get on without thier parents knowing. And if the parents allow them on, then they are bad parents and deserve whatever happens.

Not everyone has a CC, I'm 20 and dont and would rather not get one. Also who would register for a blog that requires a CC, it's not in Myspaces interest with much of their core audience being bellow 18. Also this isnt something that couldnt happen elsewhere, it could happen on any forum such as neowin (through PM's), should neowin also require a credit card authentication just incase someone abuses the PM?

So she is suing because she can't think for herself? Sounds almost as bad as the woman who sued for burning herself with coffee :laugh:

that reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

throw away the computer or send her computer to my house, and they taught a lession not to trust anyone without seeing them first. I mean srsly, not as if she didnt want to be all sexual.

3 words.

her stupid fault.

Exactly. How many times to people have to be warned not to give their personal details out on the internet. It's entirely her own fault and she doesn't deserve a penny.