WLMessenger Beta Gift

I have just received an email that says this

Hello Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester,	  
We run beta programs to make our products the best they can be. You?ve helped us do just that with the Windows Live? Messenger Beta. 	
To show our appreciation, we?ve created an exclusive Messenger? theme pack that we?re sending to you and the other Beta testers who?ve helped us so much. This free Kung Fu Bunny theme pack for Messenger, complete with dynamic display pictures, Messenger backgrounds, and a wink, is a token of our thanks.

Why a rabbit skilled in the martial arts? We could tell you it?s because you?re a bug-busting samurai of the beta-testing world but, really, it?s just because he made us laugh. We hope you have fun with him too.

You?ll only be able to download this free Messenger theme pack for the next 30 days, so get it now! 

Again, many thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

The Windows Live Messenger Beta Team

I downloaded it and :p looks very nice :p winks , emoticons and etc ...

i'm wondering how many of you got it

Haven't got the email yet, but that's disappointing. Considering I got a webcam for v7.0, and 8.0 was a much bigger change... i think we deserve more than just a theme pack. Ah well, what can you do. Free stuff is free :p

why did they need us to update our address if this is all their giving us??

i never said that we had to update our addresses

why did they need us to update our address if this is all their giving us??

Spam :whistle:

And yes, all managed beta testers were told to update our addresses.

Judging from what people are reporting, I have a feeling that people who were invited by other members got this e-mail, not the managed team who could post on connect.

it said that my wlmessenger has been updated but i see no changes :s

oh nevermind ... i had to restart my WLMessenger to see the updates :p ... i forgot

you didnt say it, but i got an Email from Microsoft Requesting an Adress update so they can send me a free gift thingy... and if its this theme pack makes the update addy pointless.

i never said that we had to update our addresses

I think your pretty much on the ball with this, Planetik, the invited users were the ones who got the emails regarding the theme pack for WLM. While manged beta testers, (Myself being one, and explains why I havnt received an email about the theme pack) will recieve something in the mail, possibly a webcam.

Judging from what people are reporting, I have a feeling that people who were invited by other members got this e-mail, not the managed team who could post on connect.

I have yet to receive this email and i was officially invited from Microsoft.

I REALLY hope that this isn't the gift.

makes sence, as i didnt get an email about a theme pack

I think your pretty much on the ball with this, Planetik, the invited users were the ones who got the emails regarding the theme pack for WLM. While manged beta testers, (Myself being one, and explains why I havnt received an email about the theme pack) will recieve something in the mail, possibly a webcam.

I have yet to receive this email and i was officially invited from Microsoft.

I REALLY hope that this isn't the gift.

same here ... i was officially invited by microsoft

yay, I hope that your right planetik!! I really hope that this isn't our gift.

this is like what we got for 7.5...

now i remember....

i received an invitation from microsoft at my old address (chancellor.shen@gmail.com) and then i switched emails and sent an invitation by myself to my new address (schentler@gmail.com) and then i switched emails again and sent an invitation to myself again to my new address (andyshen1989@gmail.com) and i received the invitation at andyshen1989@gmail.com

i'm going to go check my previous email accounts for information

Yeah, I was invited by Microsoft, no email regarding this theme-pack.

However, I did recieve the email regarding the address change.

Did anyone received a email from Window Live Messenger Beta team, they offered me a free cute Kung Fu bunny theme pack. :cool: :laugh: :D

Offer ends in 30 days. :o

bunny0vl.th.jpg

Yeh, I got 3 to the same e-mail address.

Never used a theme pack before and probably won't again, much prefer choosing my own background and display pic.

BTW do animated DP usually make convo's load slower or is it just me?

If you read the Connect page for WLM (for those in the managed beta), you'll notice the bit about them sending addresses to the shipping company...

^^ to the above. If you gave them your correct address when you registered onto Connect, there's nothing to change and they have your address and should receive whetever they may be sending. They just wanted to make sure if you moved or had a change in address that they be updated.