Whats your opinion of the Aero Glass UI?

Well, Aero might not be everyone's thing, but when vista goes RTM, somone will hack the theme engine to allow for 3rd party themes. Just think of what skinners will be able to do with the new engine.

Aero was eyecatching at first, but not enough for me to keep it. With every new build I install, I look it over a little on the initial bootup. After that, the theme service is halted and disabled.

On the desktop. I prefer performance over looks - both on my high end machines as well as low end ones. If I'm playing something like UT2007 though, then that shifts back to wanting some stunning graphics.

My glass theme doesn't seem to be as see through as those in the screenshots... Is it my graphics driver, or my build?

But yes I like Areo alot.

No...

Vista Glass - Best thing, the whole experience

Standard - Glass...but with no transparency

Basic - The older revision of "Vista Basic" was nicknamed "Scrap Metal" due to it's horrible appearance, but at least it looks better now. It's basically just a Windows XP style theme (with some new abilites)

Classic - This description intentionally left blank.

No...

Vista Glass - Best thing, the whole experience

Standard - Glass...but with no transparency

Basic - The older revision of "Vista Basic" was nicknamed "Scrap Metal" due to it's horrible appearance, but at least it looks better now. It's basically just a Windows XP style theme (with some new abilites)

Classic - This description intentionally left blank.

well I went by the control pannel discriptions. In the Clasic apperance propities box. if you have BETA 2 its there. check it out for your self.

My glass theme doesn't seem to be as see through as those in the screenshots... Is it my graphics driver, or my build?

But yes I like Areo alot.

it's probably your build...if you have Beta 2 especially. Glass was made a lot more transparent in 5456 with its overhaul, and it looks like they did a little more work in the build in that screenshot. I imagine that the build is around 5470, as a lot of MS comments on my bug reports are to check after 5470. But it could also be 5467, which most of my UI bugs are supposed to be checked on/after, and some MS people are using them, by the message properties in the newsgroups. Hope that makes sense...it doesn't really to me :p