WINRAR 3.51 Free Sunday July 30th 2006

When I go to any www.win-rar.com links, the connection times out.

Because everybody is going to the site at the same time, they should have used some CDN systems...

I remember when Opera did this, within a month they went free. I wonder if Rarlab's are thinking along this path...

that would be great but theres also examples like Div X that was free for a day and charges still.

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: #08004Too many connections in /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php on line 45
#08004Too many connections
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45) in /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on line 99 

Duh!! oh!!! :pinch:

Welcome to win-rar.com

Due to technical problems this site is offline untill 0:00h (CET) on July 30th, 2006.

If you wish to purchase a full WinRAR license which gives you all updates and upgrades for free, please use the following link:

Click here

If you need further information on the product we recommend you to visit rarlab.com.

Jerks! What jerks!

I see your point. However, how often are people going to update a program such as WinRAR? Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome program but a newer version won't really appeal to me (and probably as well as another large demographic), as I basically need it to simply use for extracting purposes. An update which could add a few new features won't really justify an update in the eyes of many.

The first thing I do when I get an error extracting a RAR file is to go to rarlab.com and getting the latest version.

The first thing I do when I get an error extracting a RAR file is to check the hash on the archive, because it's probably corrupt :rolleyes:

Hello, and thanks of this easy way.

I've recieved my confirmation e-mail, but the link is too long to respond : too many users it says. :/

Dear User,

Thank you for filling out our small questionaire.

In order to receive your license key file for the WinRAR 3.51 non upgradeable

version, please click on the following link or copy and paste this link in the

navigation/address bar of your Internet browser:

blabla

Edit : Heeey, it's here ! I've my key. :D (a .key file).

It says:

Maintenance

Due to technical problems this site is currently offline. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working hard on a solution.

Please allow a few hours before you check back to avoid server overload.

Thank you very much for your patience.

They should have anticipated this. It used to be called Slashdot effect, but now with sites like digg, del.ico and neowin, sites dont stand a chance if they happen to creep into one of these vortex of bandwidth suckage. Me im a 7z user and only use rar once in a while to extract some rare rar files.

They should have anticipated this. It used to be called Slashdot effect, but now with sites like digg, del.ico and neowin, sites dont stand a chance if they happen to creep into one of these vortex of bandwidth suckage. Me im a 7z user and only use rar once in a while to extract some rare rar files.

It actually ****es me off alot when this happens. They get your hopes up and then BAM, issues and when you cant actually get it in the end you end up annoyed with the company. I love win rar and got mine so it was o-k this time but it wasnt a great experience.

Another example is the WD settlement software. they got hammered and took the server down for like a week. That was a drag although the number one and worst is concert ticket agencies who do this as a living and still have their site go down every time a major concert opens. I almost missed U2 because of it and had to pay 3x the price had I been able to get on the site when i tried to immediatly (to the second) as the tix went on sale. How more services dont implement an automated queing system is beyond me. Maybe not for a one off like win rar but for something like ticketek or other online services that sell high demand goods that have huge traffic surges on sales day its really a no brainer.

there was an article about 3 or 4 months on the front page about it actually.

This is what I have, and i've done a couple of refresh to be sure :

-------------

Welcome to win-rar.com

Due to technical problems this site is offline untill 0:00h (CET) on July 30th, 2006.

If you wish to purchase a full WinRAR license which gives you all updates and upgrades for free, please use the following link:

Click here

If you need further information on the product we recommend you to visit rarlab.com.

----------------

This sucks big time.....