Forum progress is being made...

Seriously though, what improvements have been made?

Well, we've installed a new Flux Capacitor into the server to aid in post ordering. We've also upgraded the Hamster Wheel to Hamster Wheel Platinum Plus XP?i>. What does this mean for you? Well, one hamster can now do the work of three! That will double the speed of your posts. Finally, we replaced half of the database birds that we keep locked up in the server rooms with younger ones. Now when you post, it will be pecked into the database more accurately... no more of this &quoI thi6lo['nk Neo5win is grwafset.a?2d34 adq342eat.i>" stuff we'd been getting with the older and crankier birds. All in all, it's a great upgrade.(Y)Y)

Well, we've installed a new Flux Capacitor into the server to aid in post ordering. We've also upgraded the Hamster Wheel to Hamster Wheel Platinum Plus XP?i>. What does this mean for you? Well, one hamster can now do the work of three! That will double the speed of your posts. Finally, we replaced half of the database birds that we keep locked up in the server rooms with younger ones. Now when you post, it will be pecked into the database more accurately... no more of this &quoI thi6lo['nk Neo5win is grwafset.a?2d34 adq342eat.i>" stuff we'd been getting with the older and crankier birds. All in all, it's a great upgrade.(Y)Y)

Query time: 0.0766sec - No wai!!

I like it when neowin goes down for maintenance, IRC gets really busy (Y)

Sucks I couldn't join in (was at work)... I was curious what IRC would be like with tons of extra members. lol

A little problem since the site came back. I have to refresh the last page of a topic to see my post included.

Same on the forum page.

the_guy

EDIT: Appears to be fixed. Could've been something on my end.Or not. I have no idea.

A little problem since the site came back. I have to refresh the last page of a topic to see my post included.

Same on the forum page.

the_guy

EDIT: Appears to be fixed. Could've been something on my end.Or not. I have no idea.

We're aware of this issue, annoying as it is, and we will fix it as soon as we can.

Same on the forum page.

the_guy

Things are still settlin'... just give it a little time. :yes:

Edit - Err... rather, what Dave said ^^ (Y)

*hugs my monitor* I missed you my Neowin *hugs NW servers, coders, and Admin*

We need your patience to deal with some issues that have cropped up. We thought it was best to work with the site online in order to minimize downtime.

We need your patience to deal with some issues that have cropped up. We thought it was best to work with the site online in order to minimize downtime.

I think the patience would be more prevalent if it wasn't summertime :p

Go outside kids! :ermm:

You may have noted that threads are being created/updated by staff. At the moment, only staff have write access to the forums. Some of our coderators were up until at least 4am (local time) and some additional tweaking/testing is required before we go online. At any rate, I wanted you all to know that progress is being made.

Until you can post on the forums, you can discuss the situation here:

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=34364

Meanwhile, stay patient. I'll leave the formal annoucements for the Administrators but I fear they are getting little sleep. Go, go, caffeine power!!!

I don't think you guys even need to explain these sort of things, we all know how hard you work, you seem to be making big improvements all the time and impressing us all, keep up the great work.