Proof positive: Vista STILL (!) looks like Win95

I don't much like Vista.

Feels like Windows XP SP3 to me but with a lick of transparency - which I don't want or need anyway.

Customisation and user friendliness were thrown out the window when vista was designed. I can't get excited over it not even a little.

I will not be buying or using Vista because I'm tired of paying for software I don't like.

yea i would love to see the look on your damn face if you siad that to microsoft and the windows Vista Team laughs at ya and Disproves your ass for saying Vista is no more then windows XP SP3 or Windows 2k3 with transparent windows, omg how freaking many damn times do peaple like me have to show crap in your face to prove your but wrong.... go do the damn research and you could easly seee Vista is well way differant. ya know what you dont evan deserve to bea computer user cause you must just be blind .

Anyways Sorry Mods for using some vulger or anger type laungage..

yea i would love to see the look on your damn face if you siad that to microsoft and the windows Vista Team laughs at ya and Disproves your ass for saying Vista is no more then windows XP SP3 or Windows 2k3 with transparent windows, omg how freaking many damn times do peaple like me have to show crap in your face to prove your but wrong.... go do the damn research and you could easly seee Vista is well way differant. ya know what you dont evan deserve to bea computer user cause you must just be blind .

Buddy, you should just stop.

There are plenty of Microsoft developers that are disappointed with Vista themselves. Compared to what Vista was supposed to be, it's a bit of a let-down. I'm still getting it, and I do believe saying it is XP SP3 is a bit extreme, but it's definitely not what it's supposed to be.

But I probably shouldn't be a computer user either because I don't agree with you, huh? :rolleyes:

The biggest problem I have with Vista is that the UI is so inconsistent :(

So many applications have different UI designs. Also Microsoft always fails to put the final polish on their operating systems which is a shame. Old 9x icons that were still in XP, I mean why update 99% of the icons and forget about the last 1%? You have updated so many already why not just do the last few?

Buddy, you should just stop.

There are plenty of Microsoft developers that are disappointed with Vista themselves. Compared to what Vista was supposed to be, it's a bit of a let-down. I'm still getting it, and I do believe saying it is XP SP3 is a bit extreme, but it's definitely not what it's supposed to be.

But I probably shouldn't be a computer user either because I don't agree with you, huh? :rolleyes:

ummmm wow i have yet to see or hear a developer say ther dissapointed. i mean wher is your info at cause really no developer would say that on camra let alone publicly post it in ther blog cause if so they would be fired. sure maby ther is some pearsonly in ther head not happy with it but they still work on it. but ya ya know i know Vista isant the REV OS we was told or MS belaved in but it is the Evolutionary witch is a good upgrade

i dont think of it liek this exactly but Consider Vista or some of it liek Doom 3 it used the default Doom 3 engine witch was more a technolagy demo game, now look at Quake wars it uses the Doom3 engine but heavly moded version. so what we are seeing in vista will be sorta it out later on and later version or reversion of it will then be more of what soem of you would want vista to be. so Vista in otherwords is liek Doom 3 all the core technolagies are ther and is done but not everything is exsposed or so.

So you "absolutley agree with Chris Pirillo's criticism of Vista"... well since you do, I don't understand what your rant against my post is all about, since it is within spitting distance of this remark http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/07/18/window...stick-on-a-pig/ In fact, I inferred my reference to the Win 3.11 add font dialog FROM Chris's blog!

"I wish users didn?t have to put up with this level of sloppiness from a multi-billion dollar company. I wish I didn?t have to play the ?bad guy? and point out that Classic Mode is still the only way to experience a clean, consistent Windows environment. I wish more people would look past Vista?s translucent veneer to see that it?s nothing more than lipstick on a pig. I wish people would see that I care more about this product than most Windows users do. I wish geeks cared more about UI? so that I wouldn?t feel like such a sore thumb here. Thanks to Brandon for posting this - and thanks to Ryan for pointing out that Windows 3.1 is still alive and well in Windows Vista (screenshot)."

hrmmm... sounds a lot like what I have been saying over these past 13+ pages, doesn't it? The only comment I can think of is that because my name isn't Chris Pirillo you rant against my post.

What I find amazSTILLyou STILL cling to your point when it's been trounced by others. Do you have any experience whatsoever as a developer in a commercial software product, or is this just another attempt by a *nix or OS X "fanboy" to somehow dilute :yes:ws Vista? :yes:

Only :woot:ill tell :woot:

As far as my witholding criticism of Windows Vista, you're more than welcome to read my Alter-blog listed in my sig where I absolutely agree with Chris Pirillo's criticism of Windows Vista.

Your attempt, blitzableiter, is of the highly-juvenile style and only ends-up with people showing you where you're wrong or just misguided and nit-picking. As I said before, I'm sure that Microsoft will be adding some touch-up paint to Wordpad by RTM. This whole thread has been nothing but "heat without light".

Chances are that if blitzableiter continues with his juvenile & obviously uninformed tirade that this thread will be closed.

I :yes:nly pray. :yes:

--ScottKin

ummmm wow i have yet to see or hear a developer say ther dissapointed. i mean wher is your info at cause really no developer would say that on camra let alone publicly post it in ther blog cause if so they would be fired. sure maby ther is some pearsonly in ther head not happy with it but they still work on it. but ya ya know i know Vista isant the REV OS we was told or MS belaved in but it is the Evolutionary witch is a good upgrade

i dont think of it liek this exactly but Consider Vista or some of it liek Doom 3 it used the default Doom 3 engine witch was more a technolagy demo game, now look at Quake wars it uses the Doom3 engine but heavly moded version. so what we are seeing in vista will be sorta it out later on and later version or reversion of it will then be more of what soem of you would want vista to be. so Vista in otherwords is liek Doom 3 all the core technolagies are ther and is done but not everything is exsposed or so.

I guess you missed this whole thing...

The developers are disappointed not only with Vista but also their leadership. There are hundreds of comments on that page, but several developers have vented their frustrations with Vista if you take your time and read some.

I guess you missed this whole thing...

The developers are disappointed not only with Vista but also their leadership. There are hundreds of comments on that page, but several developers have vented their frustrations with Vista if you take your time and read some.

yea Mini-microsoft so i take it as this Mini-microsoft peaple who are agianst microsoft evan if they may still work for them and wish to go out and be ther own company.

What this really boils down to is that if Microsoft doesn't have time to update the little things, then it's wrong for them to say that Vista is really polished at all.

Sure, most people will never even know that Wordpad exists or will bother to add a font, but that's not really the point. If Microsoft didn't bother updating Paint, then I'd see no reason to complain to them about Wordpad icons (as they often just ignore the little things anyway), but they did. This is just enough reason to go nitpicking about stuff that should have gone away since Windows XP.

Anyway, I'm quite tired of all this mess. I'm dreaming of when I can get $3000 to by a nice MacBook Pro. That'll be the day.

Well, I was going to upgrade but if Microsoft doesn't add four dimentional icons to their most essential bundled application then I guess I'll just downgrade to Windows 95 because really, what is the difference? The WordPad icons are identical anyway. [/sarcasm]

yea Mini-microsoft so i take it as this Mini-microsoft peaple who are agianst microsoft evan if they may still work for them and wish to go out and be ther own company.

:rolleyes: Yes, that's it! You uncovered their secret plan when NOBODY else did! (Y) (Y)

Look, you can try to make whatever excuse you want, but you asked for proof and I gave it to you. I'm sorry that you thought I was lying and your plan to show my dishonesty didn't work out, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

The fact of the matter is not only are many of us dissatisfied with Vista, but many of the developers are as well.

As I said before, I will be owning Vista because there are plenty of aspects I like about it. But that doesn't mean that everything about it is perfect. I'm hoping they'll end up updating all the little things like the icons shown in the original post.

If you can't admit the fact that Vista can and probably will have some issues that should have been taken care of, then you've got some problems.

Take this from a earler post today:

Man, this thread needs to be closed. The point was said that the icons in wordpad should be updated. People have said their opinions, and now we are geting in to a flame war. not worth it, and for that the thread should be closed.

it seems now i'm only gonna replay to this thread when someone posts some usefull info. Cause it's just turning in to a flame war for some.

Sooner or later a mod will come by and flush the head.

In summary: Children often resemble their parents (or at least one of them). Imagine that!

I agree with the original point. The icons in Wordpad should be updated. Everything has that new feel to it, that "streamlined" feel as someone early on mentioned.

The floppy disk image is logical because you are saving a file to disk (I'm sure somebody mentioned this already, but I didn't want to read through 13 pages of argument). What would you recommend, a HDD icon? Enough said about that.