Zune Picture Leaked

Where are people getting the idea of the FM Transmitter from?

From Gizmodo.

FM support is fairly complete, with both an FM tuner and an FM transmitter so you can beam the music to your car. The FM transmitter also feeds up Song and Artist information so you can see what's playing from your car stereo (if it supports that feature, like in GM cars). ...

6) A powerful mobile CPU that will handle even video of 720p resolution, allowing a wide range of processes to be run.

Uh, why? There's no advantage to HD at that resolution.

Uh, why? There's no advantage to HD at that resolution.

It's just a real-world example to show it's power I guess.

It's got alot of potential, it definatly has the looks of something that could beat the iPod. But then again Apple's coming out with the wifi iPod soon, so you never know.

Competition is getting fierce, hopefully that means cheaper prices for us consumers! :D

It's got alot of potential, it definatly has the looks of something that could beat the iPod. But then again Apple's coming out with the wifi iPod soon, so you never know.

Competition is getting fierce, hopefully that means cheaper prices for us consumers! :D

The Zune hasn't even been released yet. We don't even know if it will have any effect on the market.

I'm not a fan of really any of MS's products, so unless this thing is considerably better than the wifiPod/ next iPod, I won't even look into it.

That picture looks a bit like that new verizon "chocolate" phone?

The Zune hasn't even been released yet. We don't even know if it will have any effect on the market.

I'm not a fan of really any of MS's products, so unless this thing is considerably better than the wifiPod/ next iPod, I won't even look into it.

That picture looks a bit like that new verizon "chocolate" phone?

I'm only speculating, this is only iPod competitor that I can remember that's had any sort of hype before it even gets released, and from what we know it looks promising. ;)

I can see this being the primary device for anti-iPod advocates. :laugh:

lmao, i love how ms made 150 different colors so they could tell who leaked the pics...i bet there shooting themsevles right now with the simple b&w workaround on that :laugh:

i must say though it looks good in black

Nice, as long as they don't become fashion icons like the iPods.

I don't understand how you wear an iPod to make it a fashion icon. If you are trying to say that iPods have snob appeal then my reply to that is ALL little expensive gadgets that are popular have snob appeal.

But seriously, get over it.

Anyway, I try to be covert with my iPod in public because I don't want someone harassing me trying to steel it. It is usually in my pocket, so that is out of site. Black headphones help too, but white headphones are becoming trendy on devices other then iPod.

But I haven't figured out where to buy an iPod belt buckle. :|

If this winds up being a good music player then it will be just as much of a "fashion icon" like the iPod. If you don't want a fashion icon, buy a crappy music player that no one likes because it has poorly implemented features.

My iPod has been tough as nails and hasn't failed me yet for the past 2 and a half years. I'm very abusive to it... i throw it in my bag with all my other stuff and w/o any case. It is scratched all to hell, but I still love using it. Works like a champ everytime. I will likely stick to iPod when my current iPod wears out or i lose it. Apple has some years experience in making music players.

The first few generations of this Zune player will likely be riddled with bugs. Just like Windows Vista and XBox 360. I sense a pattern.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Nobody will "kill" the Ipod until they can come up with as good as a marketing strategy as well as outflank Apple on every feature.

The perfect pocket media player will have:

1) A widescreen high res lcd of at least 3" in size.

2) Wifi and bluetooth 2.0 capability (for headphones)

3) FM Radio and Transmitter

4) Microphone and radio recording.

5) An extensive codec support system, allowing people to download not only a base firmware that is updated often, but an open plugin system that will allow developers to add input support for things like .ogg and even h.264 video support.

6) A powerful mobile CPU that will handle even video of 720p resolution, allowing a wide range of processes to be run.

7) An interface and control system that is intuitive, and is easy on the eyes without being too flashy (need as much CPU for the media as possible)

8) An extensive control panel that makes several aspects of the player to be tailored for almost any users tastes (e.g. you want subtitles to be bigger in size)

9) An unrivaled output system. A next generation mp3 player should have an HDMI port and a standard 3 prong av jack which would allow you to connect to any television you have in your house. A true portable entertainment system that you can use in your house as well as on the go.

10) At least 30-60 gb of space.

11) Distinct color schemes, black, white and some primary colors.

12) And finally, an aesthetically pleasing, solid-feeling design that withstand some hard knocks.

Then go buy a PDA and a USB HDD. HD video has a huge file size. I don't even know why they would consider that. You might be able to fit 6 or 7 movies in HD on a 60 GB version.

I think Microsoft should rethink the name. Change it to Booya!

It would be so great. Just going through the halls and the kids ask you "What is that, Trong?"

I gots a Booya biotch! Booya! Booya! In yo face! :laugh:

I don't like the style of zune nor the name zune. If i had to choose out of and Ipod or Zune id choose Ipod.

You choose something becuase of its name and how it looks, but it looks nearly the same as an ipod but with a much larger screen, and more features. But whatever if you want to pay the same for less then thats fine with me.

You choose something becuase of its name and how it looks, but it looks nearly the same as an ipod but with a much larger screen, and more features. But whatever if you want to pay the same for less then thats fine with me.

You're right about the name, but design is everything. Why do you think the iPod is so popular? Because it's design was quite revolutionary at the time.

I wouldn't choose something I can't even pronounce.

Looks great. The Wi-Fi feature sounds interesting too, I can't wait to try it out!

Microsoft is also quite smart to price it quite high. Since Creative's "feature-packed and low-priced" package cannot work, Microsoft's "feature-packed and highly-priced" package may work.