UEFA Champions League Thread

UEFA Champions League 2006-07  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the UEFA Champions League 2006-07?

• Barcelona
    • Chelsea
    • Bayern Munich
    • Liverpool
    • Real Madrid
    • Manchester United
    • Arsenal
    • AC Milan
    • FC Porto
    • Celtic
  2. 2. Who will be the top goal scorer?

• Thierry Henry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Andriy Shevchenko
    • Ronaldinho
    • Kaka
    • Klose
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi

What a Travesty!!!....only 5 minutes played out of 6....Drogba scoring a goal after he shouldn't be on the pitch the little play actor...Everything went Chelseas way...Referee I think wasn't even real he lost control and never got it back.

Must have been watching a different match mate, both teams were pretty even with their bad fowls and decisions in their favour, Barca fell easily but that's expected with teams from the continent now and some of them were pretty malicious, especially Marquez blatantly trying to kick Drogba as he went through and scored.

Terry's goal, ****ing awesome!

I would take out Celtic and Messi.

Although if I made the poll I would of included the likes of Eto'o, Gilardinho, Drogba, Adriano and Podolski instead of Kaka, Gerrard and Ronaldinho.

:p

Adriano? :rofl: Maybe Cruz, Crespo or Ibrahimovic... and Inter Milan is actually the strongest team of the world (Mourinho said this too).

P.S.

Gilardino not Gilardinho!

Adriano? :rofl: Maybe Cruz, Crespo or Ibrahimovic... and Inter Milan is actually the strongest team of the world (Mourinho said this too).

P.S.

Gilardino not Gilardinho!

Well I did post that a month or so back. Inter have allowed Adriano to go back home to Brazil for a while now due to poor form and he is supposedly tired :/. Cruz does not play that much for Inter, Crespo maybe deserves a place, and Ibra is not exactly a proficient goalscorer.

Morientes possibly deserves a place as well, eight goals in nine games for him this season.

Barca v Chelsea 2-2 was a fair result.

Lampard scored a great goal, he still can't fake a dive in the penalty area, he needs to ask Decco for lessons.

Dropja (I know drop yes) needs to quit falling over.

Great game, fair result, I think the ref was o.k.

Ibra is not exactly a proficient goalscorer.

Thats why Arsenal let him go as he was a member of their youth squad.

It was a good match, not much football.

If anything i thought chelsea was the better team who played some better football. If anything i thought Barca from the start set the tone of the very disrupted football by the pushing and diving. Chelsea could only really respond by joining in.

This may sound pro chelsea, i hate them but i hate Barca

Things are changing and Cruz is actually the topscorer of Inter Milan ;)

Joint top scorer actually ;).

Tonights Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow! We are going to win it comfortably tonight!

Can I lend your crystal ball...:p? Don't forget last time you played them you lost!

Tonights Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow! We are going to win it comfortably tonight!

If by 'we' you mean Arsenal, I hope so. I still can't believe UEFA are happy to look back at the tape of Henrys goal and say it wasn't hand ball, but wont rescind the card. I really think football associations really need to start carding players or rescinding cards based on tv footage after matches. It doesn't make any sense not to.

Now this is a shocking defeat for Manchester United. After thrashing a side 0-4, you don't expect a team to loose. I think that the weak squad in the first 45 minutes made all the difference. United tried in the second half but then they couldn't beat the Danish side. Ronaldo's last minute goal was ruled offside, so a day to forget for United. They still are a good side and this defeat shouldn't unsettle them.

If by 'we' you mean Arsenal, I hope so. I still can't believe UEFA are happy to look back at the tape of Henrys goal and say it wasn't hand ball, but wont rescind the card. I really think football associations really need to start carding players or rescinding cards based on tv footage after matches. It doesn't make any sense not to.

I meant Arsenal. I am a massive Arsenal fan. Anyways... we should have won it like 5-0 or maybe 10-0!

• 1 month later...

Heads up for tonight!

Tuesday, 05 December 2006

UEFA Champions League

Barcelona v Werder Bremen, 19:45

Bayern Munich v Inter Milan, 19:45

Chelsea v Levski Sofia, 19:45

Galatasaray v Liverpool, 19:45

Olympiacos v Shakhtar Donetsk, 19:45

PSV v Bordeaux, 19:45

Roma v Valencia, 19:45

Sporting v Spartak Moscow, 19:45

• 2 weeks later...

Porto v Chelsea

Celtic v Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal

Lille v Manchester Utd

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Inter v Valencia

Edited by ekerazha

Liverpool v Barcelona! What a match, the winners of the competition for the last two years meet for the first time since Liverpool beat Barca in the UEFA Cup Semi Final (which we went on and won ;)).

Will be a cracking game :D!

ManU got the team I was hoping they would get, well one of them atleast. It was either them or Barca, and that would have been quite a spectacle. ManU, hopefully on current form and Barca with Etoo and Messi back from injury.

What are the odds that a British/English team will lift the trophy this year?

• 1 month later...

The Champions League gets underway again this week :D.

Barcelona v Liverpool

What a game that will be. I cannot wait until we bring them back to Anfield, I honestly believe we can get the right result against them.