Getting iMac 24"

Well next week i will have finally earnt the money to get:

iMac 24-inch 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM

250GB Serial ATA drive

This will be replacing my current iMac which i might sell or give to my brother. I really cant wait to see the performance difference and to be able to edit my images and videos on a 24" screen :)

I was going to get it tonight, but my mum didnt want to loan me ?350:(( but i should get that in about a weeks time:)) 5 day shipping time so far, so probably 2-3 weeks, depends how quick i can get money out of my paypal to my bank

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't much to review about the imac 24". All we can say is :

- The 7600GT is a VERY good addition. I can play pretty much all my games with the graphics maxed out (or ALMOST). And with native resolution. 2.3 megapixels of goodness. Nothing, and I mean nothing ever lags. Okay, sometimes I reduce the anistropic from 16x to 8x, but hey, I don't notice the difference.

- It's awesome to listen movies. It's known that PC monitors have better quality than TV monitors. It's always been like that, and Apple has proven that it's staying like that. The 24" can be viewed by every angle and there is no color change when you see it with an angle like 150 degrees, compared to the 17" model.

- It's faster than the previous iMac, that's for sure, but strangely, I don't notice such a big difference, except in games. The big difference really is in games.

- The processors, being 64-bit, will take full advantage of the new Leopard, which will be both 64bit and 32bit and both PPC and Intel. It's like a quad-universal version of Mac OS X.

- The 24" makes work more productive by putting many windows side by side.

Everyday I go to the Apple site and customize it, then look at my bank account expecting it to be the same price...

What I'm trying to say is that the waiting is killing me...

Congrats on your purchase!

I stop by the Apple Store the other day, and the 24" is huge! I wish I had space on my desk to actually put that on top. Sigh, just going have to wait for an upgrade to the Mac Mini with Leopard...

I went to the Apple store today at Bluewater, played around with the 24" iMac and was simply in awe :D

Microsoft Office with Rosetta was slow but bearable, but Garageband took about 5 minutes to load up - even though it's Universal! :o

Didn't get to leave Neowin open in Safari though like last time :( :p

Radish?