Post your Workstations

Here's mine right now.

I actually just did a ton of cleaning, so it's a bit neater than usual.

But I can never seem to get rid of cable mess, and my camera's flash seems to emphasize the cables a lot more :p

And now I have a huge space between my audio system and my printer, and nothing to put there..

desk_12_21_06.jpg

I built the desk myself out of a $25 piece of countertop on clearance at Menards, a few L brackets to attatch it to the studs in the wall, and a couple pieces of steel pipe (the legs) I had lying around. Works well, and it's strong enough that I can stand on it :rofl:

IMG_2367o.JPG

Main Workstation, Core 2 Duo, Vista etc (Sorry about the large images)

IMG_2369o.JPG

Different Angle

IMG_2371o.JPG

House server, runs all the home automation equipment (hence the anchient modem and mass of wiring)

IMG_2374o.JPG

Tv Server

haha do you have a trust wireless mouse and keyboard set because i have the same wireless connector as you do on your TV Server. Anyway how does the TV Server work?

Yeah i do :) So i can control the TV without remote desktop if i cant be bothered to login. TV Server's just a medium spec pc with MCE05 on it with two freeview tuners and gigabit lan. I schedule recordings over the web via a peice of software called WebGuide4 and then view them via the network normally on VistaMCE.

Btw link in your sig is missing a "t" on art

looks like my G3 which is a piece of crap btw :p.. what OS do you have on your G3?

Hi, I run a full blown 10.4.8 on there, but I honestly use it for more of a Apache Web Server. I also leave mail running constantly so that in case I accidentally lose something on either my PowerBook or my XP dev box (4th from the left) that I will have a backup. I set the option to leave mail on the server so that I can retrieve it on multiple workstations.

Waiting on the tax return so that I can pick up a 24" iMac and also a 19-22" LCD and retire that CRT. I will probably retire the PowerBook to downstairs duty and redo all of the wiring upstairs, then post some updated pics of course :)

Here's the main workstation in our house; I put my laptop on it just cause I don't feel like taking a picture of it on my desk upstairs cause it's pretty boring.

im002185ao8.th.jpg

The computers in the shot are:

- Hp Pavilion 761n (AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ (1.67ghz)|200gb HD|1 gb Ram|Windows Xp Home/Vista Ultimate RC1)

- Toshiba 490XCDT (Pentium II (266mhz)|4 gb HD|160 mb Ram|D-Link AirPlusG|Windows Xp Home)

And then the devices:

- Hp f1905 19" LCD Monitor

- Hp psc1350 All-in-one

- Logitech X-220 2.1 Speakers

- LG VX4900 (Telus Mobility)

- Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0

- Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard

- Remote for my Hauppauge PVR-150 TV Tuner

And that's my setup (And yes, I do actually use that laptop; it's a good little machine :D ),

- Barret

My new Samsung 205BW, as well my Coldplay poster :D. Me and my cousin as wallpaper :p

Core2Duo 6400, 2GB RAM, 7300GT (my 6600GT died, currently waiting for replace)

Im trying to build a system like yours. Can you please tell me how much that system cost you?

My new Samsung 205BW, as well my Coldplay poster :D. Me and my cousin as wallpaper :p

img2420np2.jpg

Nice lighting! I should try that with my blinds in the morning :p

Im trying to build a system like yours. Can you please tell me how much that system cost you?

Samsung 205BW bought at the beggining of the month 310?

Core2Duo E6400 bought on August 250? (+/-)

P5B 157?

Hitachi SATA2 80GB 55? +/-

2*1GB DDR2 533 Gskill 190?

LCPower 550W 47? +/-

Off course now it may be:)ore cheap :)

Nice lighting! I should try that with my blinds in :pe morning :p

Don't do it if you're gonna watch :pme movies :p

Hows that keyboard ?