Post your Workstations

Ah. Merry christmas everyone! I am in the process of getting 2 computer together out of spare parts. This is my room now.

Everything. The closes PC is a soon to be Athlon 1.0ghz with an ABIT kt7 mobo. 768mb ram, no hard drives yet and GeForce 2 mx 200. No clue what I am going to do with it.

The one under my desk is an old HP that had some parts in it (RAM, video card) And on my desk is my newest addition..

img0383mediumxo2.jpg

"New" PC. AMD 2000+ with some motherboard my Dad got some time ago, 1gb ram, Geforce 4 ti 4200, 40gb hard drive. Probably going to be for LAN parties (CS:S, Quake 3, file sharing with an external HD I don't have). This case is gonna look bad ass when I am finished.

img0386mediumuh9.jpg

Don't think I've posted my new rig here yet... Plus I just got a new keyboard and mouse for Christmas.

img1984smcm9.jpg

Rig (AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, DVD-RW, Windows Vista Ultimate) :

img1745smix5.jpg

(older picture)

Next up on my shopping list is a widescreen LCD monitor...

/edit: Added picture.

Edited by beanboy89

261206.png

What you can see:

My PC (AMD Athlon 64 3500 @ 2.5GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI X1600Pro 256mb, 80GB HDD, LG DVD writer, hiper 435Watt PSU Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1)

Video7 19" Widescreen Monitor @ 1440x900

Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse

Logitech X530's 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Microsoft XBOX 360 Premium

Old Phone Sony Ericsson K750i ( i got a new one Sony Ericsson W810i)

Leather Office Chair

Edited by jorydgreen

What you can't see:

My new Phone ( Sony Ericsson W810i)

FujiFilm S5600 Digital Camera ( taking picture with it)

And the rest of my room :p which is super duper messy :D

There hooked up to my 360 and PC so all i do is switch the green, beige, black coloured audio wires from out my pc into the VGA cable Audio splitter thing and boom i have 5.1 while playing something good like Call of duty 3 in HD :D

There hooked up to my 360 and PC so all i do is switch the green, beige, black coloured audio wires from out my pc into the VGA cable Audio splitter thing and boom i have 5.1 while playing something good like Call of duty 3 in HD :D

Right on, thats awesome :)

I was researching this the other day. On the logitech website it says you need a games console adapter afaik that only takes in the right and left sound channels and you get "fake surround sound".

Well in the X530's i got it had a converter from the red and white coaxial i think it is audio from the vga cable and plugged it into the converter which then lets me plug in my speakers using black beige and green audio wires which go to my 5.1. About the "fake surround sound" lets just says it sounds surround sound enough to me :)

Well in the X530's i got it had a converter from the red and white coaxial i think it is audio from the vga cable and plugged it into the converter which then lets me plug in my speakers using black beige and green audio wires which go to my 5.1. About the "fake surround sound" lets just says it sounds surround sound enough to me :)

That's just converting a 2.1 signal into a 5.1 speaker system which means allot of the sounds will just come out of the same speakers. A true 5.1 surround sound system wouldn't have sound-bleed i.e. sounds from your front right speaker wont be echoed through your back right speaker as in the game/movie you are playing/watching wouldn't be recorded with overlapping sound channels unless director wished it to be.

If you played Gears Of War in true 5.1 you would probably go :|

my desktop isnt too flash but who cares. i like it. and i have become a well known member of the aus competitive cs source community. here it is.

DSC00765.jpg

discuss

^ is the support of your chair plastic or steel?

My support is made out of steel :)

my desktop isnt too flash but who cares. i like it. and i have become a well known member of the aus competitive cs source community. here it is.

DSC00765.jpg

discuss

ohhh funky green case there is it an xpire?? or something like that?

CPU: E6600

RAM: 2GB Corsair Dominator

MOBO: ASUS P5W Deluxe

VIDEO: eVGA nVidia 7950GT

HD: 250GB WD SATA

MONITOR: Samsung 740B

SPEAKERS: 5.1 Altec Lansing (forget the model)

MOUSE: Logitech G7

The thing'd be great for OCing, but I don't OC. :p

Edited by StarSabers

Clicky for full size:

th_53408_1_122_486lo.JPG

th_53422_3_122_350lo.JPG

Left to right:

(top)

- Canon Scanner (with dvd-r on top)

- USB Cup Warmer (my phone is on top)

- Sound Remote Control (upside down)

- 26" HDTV (aka my monitor :p)

- Belkin wireless keyboard/receiver

- PlayStation 2

- My good old faithful 10 button mouse

(bottom)

- Phillips Hifi

- PC (HP Media Center)

- Subwoofer (on top: PDA, USB Hub)

- Bin (obviously)

Above the base unit is another shelf (with a remote control upside down on). This has my Sky box, my VCR and my amplifier. The speakers are hidden behind the TV :)

System Specs:

Pentium D 920 2.8Ghz

2GB Corsair (2x1gb) Ram

2 x 200GB Seagate Satas

Crappy onboard graphics (will upgrade later - DX10 :p)