The Dark Knight

There's not much point in saying anything more than "He says ten".

I have my sources for this but I can't currently reveal them.

I CALL bull****!

Why would you not be able to reveal such information? It's not like it's a spoiler, it's not like there's anything to hide or whatever, the film has been released and it's in the wild, there's nothing to gain by not revealing such a thing.

Oh sure, just like the Queen is going to Gay pride this year...I have my sources, but I can't reveal them...
I CALL bull****!

Why would you not be able to reveal such information? It's not like it's a spoiler, it's not like there's anything to hide or whatever, the film has been released and it's in the wild, there's nothing to gain by not revealing such a thing.

Haha, sorry.

I just wanted to cause some controversy.

Although it is ten.

So this article confirms that Catwomen will be in the 3rd movie?

No, it's not confirmation.

I'm pretty sure the Joker wont return as a main villain anytime soon. If Nolan doesn't want to rehash villains who have already made it onto the big screen, then surely he wouldn't want to rehash a villain used so prominently in the predecessor. I do think we will see more of the Joker, from Arkham that is. Maybe from a shadowy cell. Who knows. I don't expect him to break out of Arkham in the third movie, at least not before near the end of the film.

Two-Face, if he does return, will probably not feature too much as well, unless the movie focuses on Bruce/Batman trying to revive Dent in Two-Face. Harvey's arc is mostly finished in The Dark Knight anyway.

One thing that isn't making sense with your last sentence is that this movie ended with Dent's legacy as a white Knight for Gotham being kept in tact for the good of the city and its moral, with Batman taking the "fall", bringing true meaning to term him being the Dark Knight. Them going on about Dent's legacy with Dent still alive doesn't seem to make much sense because the notion that he was good until the bitter end could be immediately discredited the moment he shows up and starts doing bad things. The tone of the ending presented Dent as being dead and I think Nolan did what he set out to do with Two Face's character. Instead of making him a main focal point, his downfall was tied into Joker's goal of complete utter chaos and destruction in what was supposed to be Gotham's bright future.

Haha, sorry.

I just wanted to cause some controversy.

Although it is ten.

He wouldn't say ten like that. If it was ten, knowing the joker, he would have said, "Really? I counted ten." And then the guard would have gotten all mad like he did and the movie would go on. But he didn't say ten, it was obviously six. His whole point was to aggravate the guard.

I don't see why everyone is so oposed to it being ten.

If you have proof of it actually being six then yeah that's fine, but I don't see why the joker wouldn't say ten. It seems to me that just because most people think it was six they make up these reasons as if they know how the joker would feel / what he would be thinking etc. The whole point of the joker is that he has no plan, he is unpredictable.

It easily could be either way, I only post saying it's ten now because everyone gets so unecessarily worked up over it!

you have to watch this... LOL

It's the WHOLE smallville tv series comicon 2008 conference??

http://operationsaveclarkkentvideochannel....6HSW51NX6QS4WZ1

LMFAO ROFL !!!! :laugh:

They take open questions from the audience...and guess who should appear in the last 2 minutes near the end.... BATMAN in full costume. ROFL :rofl:

Skip forward to 2:16 left in the conference to hear him ask the question in the deep voice and near gets his ass kicked out by security. :rofl: :jump: :laugh:

that was hilarious!

If you have proof of it actually being six then yeah that's fine, but I don't see why the joker wouldn't say ten. It seems to me that just because most people think it was six they make up these reasons as if they know how the joker would feel / what he would be thinking etc. The whole point of the joker is that he has no plan, he is unpredictable.

It easily could be either way, I only post saying it's ten now because everyone gets so unecessarily worked up over it!

So you're arguing just to argue..?

Got two new posters ;)

imgp2248lr2.jpg

Looks a bit slanted but it's really not, just from the way I held my camera + the angle.

Thinking of getting a few more :p

Pretty awesome :)

/please end the six and ten argument :laugh:

^very true, haha.

Batman's voice at some points were the only down fall of this brilliant movie.

Whats funny is that looks identical to heath ledger.

The cop says six, then he mouths six, why would he mouth ten?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep tabs on how many cops he's killed that relate to that guy, the guy was avoiding eye contact so its not like mouthing ten would adjitate him further.

Use some common sense.

He asks because he doesn't know, doesn't care to keep count, he simply wants a number to emphasize his point.

The detective tells him a number: 6.

The joker then muses this to himself. 6 - see, that's all it takes. But man are ypu ****ed at me!

The cop says six, then he mouths six, why would he mouth ten?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep tabs on how many cops he's killed that relate to that guy, the guy was avoiding eye contact so its not like mouthing ten would adjitate him further.

Use some common sense.

Haha, I didn't know this was still being talked about. The last time I saw the youtube clip, it was 'ten'. I'm sure pumpkin or I have listed possible reasons why it could be 'ten'.

But I'm not saying the 'ten' is definitive.

The guy was avoiding eye contact? Wow, how did you manage to deduce that when the camera wasn't even on the guy when the Joker mouths it?

Joker could've mouthed ten, I think it's fair to say he was referring to the guys in the holding cell who he was gonna blow up using the phone call.

Obviously these guys arn't the guards friends but the Joker's not specifically talking about HIS friends is he, just people around the guard.

So... the guard says six, the Joker says six, thinks about the 4 guys, hmm, then he adds a few more to the six to make ten and mouths this at the guard.

This agitates the guard because the guard is being completely undermined, the Joker has killed people under his watch and this makes the guard an angry man. The ironic thing that would obviously be found hilarious to the Joker is that if the guard had done his job properly it wouldn't have been ten as the Joker possibly wouldn't have escaped.

I do not think that that sounds so propostorous as people are making it out to be. I'm, I'm not, I'm not crazy. It could very well be ten. I'm not arguing, I'm simply keeping the ten hypothosis alive :)

EDIT:

Going back to this GIF:

l_2a1c11e468c1f4e2f3236ee09dac6af0.gif

I have concluded to myself that because he closes his mouth so quickly it is ten. I think that if it was six, then in order to exagerate the movement of his mouth and make it clear it was six, he would have had his lips open a little longer.

Edited by Smashing Pumpkin

Seriously guys, just drop the stupid, pointless debate. It really doesn't matter if he said 6, 10 or whatever. It has absolutely no bearing on the film.