The OFFICIAL Longhorn (ALPHA) Thread

anyone try it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator's Comment: Just a heads up for everyone who wants to post in this thread, I would like to stress the fact that posting a d/l link of LongHorn will do you no good except get yourself in a hot water :happy:

Configure

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope, that entire thing of getting early or beta OSs really got old to me about two years ago, i will just check out the screen shots and read through the posts of peolpe having problems

i thought you were not going to post here anymore?

haha, whoa...

still trying to get it tho. hopefully i get it soon!! I got the need tho... i want it bad!

<SHoTTa35> hehe, and yeah where you got LH tinman?

lol! i'll wait till someone i know gets it cause all i want is a folder from it :huh:

ill wait till a new build is released, and when it finds its way onto a P2P network, cuz IRC is too confusin!

who has it? is it stable? i heard there is a timebomb... some homemade screenies please?

dude... i'm like so shaging ****ed now.. like totally.. LOL I was like downloading it and like the mIRC like totally froze so i had to like um, crash it and then like start it over, and then like i couldn't get into the channel cuz it was like totally full. But I got in and i'm like well check this out...

"You have been queued for 0 hr 16 min, currently in main queue position 14 of 18. Estimated remaining time is 16 hr 24 min or more. To remove yourself type "/msg DV31 xdcc remove"

what kinda shaging poop is that shaging poop. Cho rass... man deh yah a wait fi diss bumbo clat ting all night and now dis damn thing a mek mi wait 16hrs!!!

hehe.. don't mind me.. going crazy here! LOL

/edit

seriously, how do you delete your own post?

Edited by SHoTTa35

dude, of-course there is a timebomb.. all alpha or beta software has those.. but more than likely before it expires (LOL Windows XP .NET expires in 365 days) :) you'll have a newer version by then.

i hear that the leaked 1 is really "watered down" without the REAL NEW features that the official internal testers have access to. I'll wait til at least BETA.

no its not, dont believe everything u hear

I got it. It isn't very good right now. It will hopefully better on the beta versions, and final. Actually, it's not going to be much improvement on Windows XP pro. Cause it isn't so far.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICAL LONGHORN THREAD> Whoeve created this is stupid. I take credit for breaking this news first. Check out the time! 12:05 AM 11-19, not 24 hours later. If you say its going to be offical, why didn;t you break it before I did??? Let me have my fame dummy. Besides you only have like 7 replies, Check out the REAL thread, 108 replyes.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICAL LONGHORN THREAD> Whoeve created this is stupid. I take credit for breaking this news first. Check out the time! 12:05 AM 11-19, not 24 hours later. If you say its going to be offical, why didn;t you break it before I did??? Let me have my fame dummy. Besides you only have like 7 replies, Check out the REAL thread, 108 replyes.

Um.. OOOKKAAAY....

This is a forum people, not an election race :blink:

:no: :no: :no:

tsk tsk tsk

pathetic pathetic pathetic

TAKE A CHILL PILL!!!

ThirdShift its a thread on discussing longhorn.

i don't see anyone saying that they where the ones who take credit "for breaking this news first"

Even though i don't see why you should take credit for the longhorn news, its not like you leaked it.... :unsure:

ok heres my experiences with installing Longhorn.

downloaded the file in 1hr @ 200 K/sec from Irc. (not saying where, so dont ask)

burnt the .iso to cd, went perfectly.

thought "u beaut!" and then proceeded to make a backup of the .iso to my harddrive using isobuster. this again worked no problems.

so yes, i thought to myself ok this is goin well, might install it now... so i bunged in the cd, and autorun started, so i clicked on "install longhorn". yay! it asked if i wanted to install a fresh copy, or upgrade, i wanted to keep my settings etc, so i clicked upgrade.... copied files from the cd.... then rebooted..

weee was goin excellent so far i thought!

rebooted, started the install program, then stopped.

"please insert your Windows XP Profressional CD then press Enter to continue"

WTF?

I put in the XP cd, pressed enter, it copied files... hm strange i thought.... stopped.

"file idwlog.blah missing, continue, retry, exit"

WTF?

ok ill click retry, maby the cd is hot... nup, same msg... hmmm clicked continue... more files copied from the cd.... stopped.

more files missing!

arrrghhh, pressed esc bout 402340924890 times to continue installing... doesnt help...

files are missing, ALOT OF FILES...

exited the setup

rebooted

no OS.

great... fresh reinstall of XP...

tried again using the setup from the hard disk

same deal..

guys, i suggest you DONT download this just yet... files are missing, and its a poopter trying to reinstall your configs from backups...

soo heres what i say in summery

its all good until you click "setup"

:angry:

:laugh: :D

lol

you should read the nfo :)

anyway installed it funny to play with but thats all heh

install fresh xp, install sp1, then better install from hard disk then it will work.it's what i did heh

just to help ;)

cheers,

-BuG

i hear that the leaked 1 is really "watered down" without the REAL NEW features that the official internal testers have access to. I'll wait til at least BETA.

lol, i know, for all we know thats just a roumor, well still, i have bothversons :) i have the leaked verson, and the not leaked verson of build 3683 :)