• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Get @live.com, @live.co.uk NOW!

chanvw    0

still works for me, follow the guide at www.mess.be

Nope... the mess.be way didn't work for me, in IE7 or Firefox. I still get that error 32 :no:

timothy    0

Its not over before the fat lady sings ;) but new updates have to wait for a while since I will not be arround the comming week :p

kyro    2

it was really a fun ride :D I am so proud of myself :p

Mickz    0

From Mess.be

timothy says:

It "only" took 3 days to be fixed. But unfortunately you can not register any live.com or other live mailboxes anymore.

The buzz it generated was quite worth it, as it was even noticed by C|Net's news.com site. - http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-6134643.ht...0&subj=news

For all those who have missed the opportunity to register one of these new mail accounts; some research on other Microsoft pages keeps our hope up you will be able to register accounts again in the near feature.

Got mine in the time :>

lsquare    1

For those that missed it, I think it's going to be a long wait until the floodgate officially opens. I think CNET expect that to happen in 2007.

yamazaki    0

Thank God i was fast enough to found out the news hehe .. :D :D

anonymousjon    0

For those that missed it, I think it's going to be a long wait until the floodgate officially opens. I think CNET expect that to happen in 2007.

lol 2007 is hardly a long time away..6 weeks. I expct he will be available bit by bit starting from late January :)

CyberScriber    0

An id I was looking for is taken already but when i send mail to it, it failed.

Its been 3 days. If anyone got that id, he should have activated it by now. What could be wrong?

WarStorm    0

^ People sign up for more than one account. They prob wont activate some, they just sign up for the sake of it. What ID where you lookin for?

CyberScriber    0

^ People sign up for more than one account. They prob wont activate some, they just sign up for the sake of it. What ID where you lookin for?

I was looking for priya@live . Will it be available again if its not activated?

WarStorm    0

After a certain amount of time it reverts back to being free again i believe.

kyro    2

I was looking for priya@live . Will it be available again if its not activated?

Yes it will become available if the user doesnt activate by clicking on confirmation URL.

But , you or anyone wont be able to Create that ID until microsoft opens up :( .

missed the bus.

ps:- priya is very indian name, ur g.f / wife ???

CyberScriber    0

Yes it will become available if the user doesnt activate by clicking on confirmation URL.

But , you or anyone wont be able to Create that ID until microsoft opens up :( .

missed the bus.

ps:- priya is very indian name, ur g.f / wife ???

I never got confirmation mail for my id. Only few gets that mail i think.

ps: yea she is my gf :rolleyes:

kyro    2

I never got confirmation mail for my id. Only few gets that mail i think.

when you signup for omgbbq@live.com id, the confirmation mail is sent IN omgbbq@live.com inbox, When you signin at omgbbq@live.com you should first confirm it, then your mail is created for real ( i guess they create userspace and allow mails to arrive at box etc).

so you created the ID ? or never created the ID but signup page gives error now? or you created the ID but never signed i or clicked confirmation URL and cant send email to it? or what? :|

CyberScriber    0

when you signup for omgbbq@live.com id, the confirmation mail is sent IN omgbbq@live.com inbox, When you signin at omgbbq@live.com you should first confirm it, then your mail is created for real ( i guess they create userspace and allow mails to arrive at box etc).

so you created the ID ? or never created the ID but signup page gives error now? or you created the ID but never signed i or clicked confirmation URL and cant send email to it? or what? :|

I've created that id ( live.com) 2 days before, and i'm using it. Its working fine. NO confirmation mail thingy .

Many dint get that mail.

kyro    2

Many dint get that mail.

WOW.

ok i got you. then I am one lucky SOB :) :rofl: :whistle: :laugh:

ok stopping my celebration :shiftyninja:

a1v1n    0

from, http://bink.nu/Article8814.bink

Microsoft have patched a loophole in the Windows Live Signup program that allowed users to register any iteration of live.<countrytld>, e.g. live.co.uk, live.com etc. Now only live.nl is allowed as this is the only country where Windows Live Mail is currently available.

Congratulations to those who managed to secure their early-bird name@live.com address, comiserations to those who missed out... you'll have to wait for the world-wide launch of Windows Live Mail!

GeeZuZz    0

They even allowed one-character id's, tested with "i @ live . no" - and it worked (i recieved an email succsessfully)

kyro    2

why are you glad that you did not choose @live.com ? Those who choose are winners and those who cannot get it now hav to wait till MS allows.

.Neo    1,834

why are you glad that you did not choose @live.com ? Those who choose are winners and those who cannot get it now hav to wait till MS allows.

Now only live.nl is allowed as this is the only country where Windows Live Mail is currently available.

That's why. ;) Not entirely sure if access is only allowed to @live.nl IDs or also @live.com IDs as long as they're being used through live.nl, but cool nonetheless.

kyro    2

I can still use my @live.com id , just did test mail to gmail... so its not that microsoft have taken down services for @live.com and only allowed @live.nl

so the peeps who choose @live.com are lucky (like me ) and thats why i wonder why do you feel glad that you didnt choose @live.com id when MS did not block the loophole.

temur    0

OMG. Weird, I was at school today, and tried to send an email to one of my @live.com accounts. Ended up getting an error message saying 'mx4.hotmail.com' rejected[..] etc. Or something along those lines : /

kyro    2

humm scary... hope i never see that kind of message :D

»X«    1

Had a few problems getting into my mail last night, but that also affected my hotmail.com account. live.com emails work without a problem.