[Official] Final Fantasy III DS Thread

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet as it was out a couple of days ago and this was a very anticipated game.

I'm about 4 hours in and I have to say it's as good as I expected. Nice, old school RPG with amazing DS graphics. I'd have to say it's the best looking DS game to date. One kind of lame thing is that it only uses the bottom screen for 99% of the game. The top screen is just black. I would have liked to see them add some nice dual screen features. The touch screen controls are great, however. You'll want to use the d-pad for navigating arround, but the stylus is awesome for the menu's.

My friend code is 128933189099 if anyone wants to add me.

Yeah I got it today. I haven't been able to play a lot but from what I have played looks like an awesome game. Old school, :yes: the sounds, music and battles remind me of my old days playing FFVI on SNES. :D :D

really enjoying it here :)

i just got my jobs so now i'll have to figure out which job does what best (never really played through a ff with jobs)

it is indeed the best-looking ds game so far... i really hope more 3d games like this are coming up...

I got it yesterday and am about 3 hours into it. Just entered the dwarf/gnome village.

I'm having trouble deciding on which jobs to assign my characters to. So far:

Luneth: Warrior

Arc: Red Mage

The girl (forgot her name): black mage

Ignus: White mage

Hell lets make this thread the "Help me" thread.

i want to play but i just cant buy a system just for a game. hope they port this
I highly doubt it will be ported. And don't just buy it for this game. Any DS owner will tell you that the DS has a ton of amazing games. So many in fact that I tend not to finish games because I'll just be getting into one and then another great release will come out that I have to pick up. I'll defintely be finishing this game though. Finally a high quality RPG for the DS :D .

That's so true. I never really finished my MegaMan ZX game. That's why I tend to buy games design for shot attention span(Tetris, MarioKart, SuperMario Bros). FFIII was just to hard to pass up though.

the game is way too hard, died in the ghost town cave. those skeletons are way too strong! they kill in only two hits and there is two of them!

and the worst part is: the save button has always been disabled since the start!

i am so ****ed off!

Don't go into the cave yet. Talk to Cid in the Inn, then go and get the airship and go to the castle. You will add members to your party, and once you are done a quest, you will be strong enough to come back and kill the skeletons.

the game is way too hard, died in the ghost town cave. those skeletons are way too strong! they kill in only two hits and there is two of them!

and the worst part is: the save button has always been disabled since the start!

i am so ****ed off!

You can only Save while in the World map. You can quicksave anywhere.

And yea I made the same mistake going into that cave. I knew after dieing so easily that you're not suppose to go in there yet.

i'm kinda stuck at the guy that stole the fire thing on the dwarf island... long caves, lots of fights and no way to restore mp and that dude just doesn't seem to take any sizeable damage :(

i'm kinda stuck at the guy that stole the fire thing on the dwarf island... long caves, lots of fights and no way to restore mp and that dude just doesn't seem to take any sizeable damage :(
Wait till u have to fight him the 2nd time :wacko: . I had 99 potions going into that fight and came out with 14 left :p

Just keep playing it, more become unlocked as you go on.

I am also really enjoying this game, but I managed to find a bug already that lets you duplicate items.

In battle, make sure the item you want is at the top of your items list (usually potions) then just highlight it and press up and a at the same time. It'll look like you're just going to use the item, but when you hit b, you'll see you have been given an extra one!

Accidentally did that a few times because I'm a clumsy fool and it was only when I realised that I should have far less phoenix downs than I did that I tried to figure it out.

Just keep playing it, more become unlocked as you go on.

I am also really enjoying this game, but I managed to find a bug already that lets you duplicate items.

In battle, make sure the item you want is at the top of your items list (usually potions) then just highlight it and press up and a at the same time. It'll look like you're just going to use the item, but when you hit b, you'll see you have been given an extra one!

Accidentally did that a few times because I'm a clumsy fool and it was only when I realised that I should have far less phoenix downs than I did that I tried to figure it out.

nice I'm going to try that.

My friend code is 459646225193 if anyone wants to add me.

Believe it or not, this is my first FF game, and it's indeed amazing!

I'm 10 hours in and I just came off of the floating continent into the normal world.

I found the game pretty hard at the beginning, and then once I got to change classes and equip new items it became quite manageable.

One tip for boss fights is USE ITEMS, not potions and such, but items that deal damage! Depends on what element the boss is, use items such as Zeus' Wrath (thunder), Arctic Wind (ice), and Bomb Fragment (fire), etc. They usually deal a lot of damages to certain bosses.

Right now my classes are (in chronological order):

Me: 11 Freelancer, 16 Thief, 5 Ranger and 21 Red Mage.

Refia: 5 Freelancer, 27 Black Mage, 18 Geomancer (over powered! :p).

Ingus: 6 Freelancer, 26 Warrior, 13 Knight.

Arc: 4 Freelancer, 26 White Mage, 20 Scholar.

I just noticed I got 15 jobs total. In additions to the list above, I can change job to: Dragoon, Viking, Dark Knight, Evoker, and Bard.

Oh man I gotta keep playing, it's too fun!

I'll add whoever listed their friend codes above.

My friend code: 494006100863

they ruined the game by making it 3d :(

You think so? Well that's too bad, because I enjoy the 3D graphics a lot!

Edited by SlightDust

Believe it or not, this is my first FF game, and it's indeed amazing!

I'm 10 hours in and I just came off of the floating continent into the normal world.

I found the game pretty hard at the beginning, and then once I got to change classes and equip new items it became quite manageable.

One tip for boss fights is USE ITEMS, not potions and such, but items that deal damage! Depends on what element the boss is, use items such as Zeus' Wrath (thunder), Arctic Wind (ice), and Bomb Fragment (fire), etc. They usually deal a lot of damages to certain bosses.

Right now my classes are (in chronological order):

Me: 11 Freelancer, 16 Thief, 5 Ranger and 21 Red Mage.

Refia: 5 Freelancer, 27 Black Mage, 18 Geomancer (over powered! :p ).

Ingus: 6 Freelancer, 26 Warrior, 13 Knight.

Arc: 4 Freelancer, 26 White Mage, 20 Scholar.

I just noticed I got 15 jobs total. In additions to the list above, I can change job to: Dragoon, Viking, Dark Knight, Evoker, and Bard.

Oh man I gotta keep playing, it's too fun!

I'll add whoever listed their friend codes above.

My friend code: 494006100863

You think so? Well that's too bad, because I enjoy the 3D graphics a lot!

I'm into the real world too. You know what's funny? I JUST noticed last night all the new classes I had unlocked. I was all waiting for some msg or something telling me when a new one was unlocked (I know, duh :blush: ). I all went to the classes menu by accident and was like WTF!??! When did these all get unlocked!?!? So I've been playing with them trying to figure out the good ones :p

I think they get unlocked as you get the power of each crystals.

btw Im just wondering where everyone is in the game. I just finished Goldor or whatever guy that lives in the gold mansion. Now I have no idea where to go. Any hints?