Which Vista Edition is Right for Me? (Basic/Premium/Business/Ultimate)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think waiting for 7 will be nice - but if you can't wait any more, try Vista Home Premium.

It's the best version I think, because it has all the "cool" features like sidebar, window flip and media center (works fine with my new notebook ;) ),

and is not as expensive as Ultimate, which only seems to feature MUI and Ultimate extras like bitlocker, HoldEm and DreamScenes...

My old HP nc6000 (1,6Ghz, 2GB RAM, 32MB ATI 9600) runs now on Vista Business, Age of Empires 3 and HL? plays just fine on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read that Vista Business is a bit faster than Home Premium because it's less bloated. Is this true?

Also, I just bought a laptop - This one: Asus Laptop

And it came with Home Premium 64 bit edition but all I use the laptop for is: Web surf, Email, Photo Editing (photoshop) and that's it. You think I shluld go with Business instead? I have a legal copy of Business at home I am not using. Should I use it on the laptop instead of Home Premium?

i just upgraded from vista home premium to vista ultimate... and although i loved home premium, vista ultimate is just so much faster.

i just upgraded from vista home premium to vista ultimate... and although i loved home premium, vista ultimate is just so much faster.

Vista Ultimate faster? How is that possible? It has more services and stuff running on the background than any other Vista version.

Vista Ultimate faster? How is that possible? It has more services and stuff running on the background than any other Vista version.

It isn't possible, but in retrospect, that doesn't make Home Basic the fastest either. When I used Vista, I felt like Home Premium was the "snappiest" one. Might've been a placebo effect, but I liked Home Premium, even though I plan to buy Windows 7 Professional. :)

• 1 month later...