• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Which Vista Edition is Right for Me? (Basic/Premium/Business/Ultimate)

thealexweb    204

I'd recommend premium, it's the right choice for most people, however I'd recommend waiting for 7 now.

hamadauno    0

Ultimate Is The Best ;-)

Steven77    0

Ultimate is obviously best, but serves no purpose out of piracy circles. Nobody in there right mind would actually pay that much for that version in my experience.

DerDickePozilist    0

I think waiting for 7 will be nice - but if you can't wait any more, try Vista Home Premium.

It's the best version I think, because it has all the "cool" features like sidebar, window flip and media center (works fine with my new notebook ;) ),

and is not as expensive as Ultimate, which only seems to feature MUI and Ultimate extras like bitlocker, HoldEm and DreamScenes...

My old HP nc6000 (1,6Ghz, 2GB RAM, 32MB ATI 9600) runs now on Vista Business, Age of Empires 3 and HL? plays just fine on it.

Scorbing    517

I read that Vista Business is a bit faster than Home Premium because it's less bloated. Is this true?

Also, I just bought a laptop - This one: Asus Laptop

And it came with Home Premium 64 bit edition but all I use the laptop for is: Web surf, Email, Photo Editing (photoshop) and that's it. You think I shluld go with Business instead? I have a legal copy of Business at home I am not using. Should I use it on the laptop instead of Home Premium?

crankenstein.exe    0

i just upgraded from vista home premium to vista ultimate... and although i loved home premium, vista ultimate is just so much faster.

Scorbing    517
i just upgraded from vista home premium to vista ultimate... and although i loved home premium, vista ultimate is just so much faster.

Vista Ultimate faster? How is that possible? It has more services and stuff running on the background than any other Vista version.

NEVER85    248
Vista Ultimate faster? How is that possible? It has more services and stuff running on the background than any other Vista version.

It isn't possible, but in retrospect, that doesn't make Home Basic the fastest either. When I used Vista, I felt like Home Premium was the "snappiest" one. Might've been a placebo effect, but I liked Home Premium, even though I plan to buy Windows 7 Professional. :)

JunkMail    1

All vista zucks :p go back to XP till W7 comes out haha :D