New Nvidia Driver for Vista RTM 97.19

Works great for me, much improved over the previous 96.33 (.65 was terrible, I had to go back to .33).

I uninstalled the previous drivers, and installed these barebones style.

Antialiasing works in BF2 now. About time.

There is not control panel. Is there a way to get things such as AF and Vsync working with these?

That would be wonderful.

Opteron 165 @ 2.5

7900GT vmoded to 670mhz @ 1.45v

vista RC2

I caint believe how much better the ATI drivers are for vista now. Aero works great with x300 PCIe, but with a GF6 card i have no openGL, shoty game play, and some times jerky aero. I have mostly NVIDIA cards. So i hope Nvidia comes out with a great driver soon.

These drivers work great and on CS Source it was great as well. BUT once i restarted my computer the screen rotated vista on my 24 inch widescreen. Now i have to look at my vista screen sideways. Can someone tell me how to rotate back to regular through vista?

Thank you

I caint believe how much better the ATI drivers are for vista now. Aero works great with x300 PCIe, but with a GF6 card i have no openGL, shoty game play, and some times jerky aero. I have mostly NVIDIA cards. So i hope Nvidia comes out with a great driver soon.

Well you have to remember that Microsoft has been working with ATI/AMD for quite a while on a personal level (Xbox.) I'm sure that has something to do with it.

My ATI card runs great on Vista. So there is really no reason to even test my Nvidia card.

Good luck to those of you with Nvidia cards, it seems like it's a 'hit or miss' situation driver-wise at the moment. :rolleyes:

I am having serious problems with Couter-Strike Source. I have installed the new 97.19 drivers and tried the previous RC2 drivers, however when ever I start CS the screen just tears up, make my screen unusable some much so I that I need to restart my machine. This only happens when I use fullscreen. Please help!

I am having serious problems with Couter-Strike Source. I have installed the new 97.19 drivers and tried the previous RC2 drivers, however when ever I start CS the screen just tears up, make my screen unusable some much so I that I need to restart my machine. This only happens when I use fullscreen. Please help!

I think that driver is not stable enough for vista. I have almost the same problems as you have but this one is for battlefield 2142. Hard to play that game during this frame being mess up. I guess I have to still wait until Nvidia release the new driver and hope directx 10 release soon too.

I think that driver is not stable enough for vista. I have almost the same problems as you have but this one is for battlefield 2142. Hard to play that game during this frame being mess up. I guess I have to still wait until Nvidia release the new driver and hope directx 10 release soon too.

You guys are expecting a friggin' miracle, you really think after 6 months of crappy drivers they will just magically come out with perfect drivers one day? Think 6 more months, and that's on top of MS custom-tuning DirectX 10 and WDDM for ATI's cards, leaving nVidia to try and make their vastly different architecture work with an API designed for a competitor's products. Such is the fate of a company who didn't want to take another bath subsidizing a second MS console.

BTW, Vista does not support SLI.

You guys are expecting a friggin' miracle, you really think after 6 months of crappy drivers they will just magically come out with perfect drivers one day? Think 6 more months, and that's on top of MS custom-tuning DirectX 10 and WDDM for ATI's cards, leaving nVidia to try and make their vastly different architecture work with an API designed for a competitor's products. Such is the fate of a company who didn't want to take another bath subsidizing a second MS console.

BTW, Vista does not support SLI.

Bring your negative comment out of here.

Man, I thought this would make Aero work for me but it doesn't. Aero does work, but, only if the resolution is low (800x600). But when I pull up to 1024x768, Aero is disabled.

Also, I can't get the ratings assessment thing to complete, I always get the error that says one of the tests went wrong. Which is the video playback part, but it just doesn't ever complete it and times out saying "your computer is too slow" using "winsat form" in the cmd prompt. But it isn't, I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ with 1gb of ram with Vista Ultimate x86, and a Geforce 6150, I looked around everywhere to try and force it on, but steps to some of the methods won't work for me. Like restarting the uxsms service, i think that's what it is. Vista won't let me. Even from the cmd prompt. Can someone help me out with this?

These drivers do not support 1440x900, as some have noted that i could be because of the DVI issue. The ONLY way that I am aware of to make this resolution work (And many other wide screen resolutions) is to install the 96.33 drivers (remember you dont need to restart after you install new drivers, despite what the install might say)

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.33/9...ternational.exe

note: Games will barely run on these drivers.

these drivers crash on my mobile 7400 when logging into windows... yesterday they crashed my C2D system with 7800GTX .. screen went black a couple of times, windows gave a quick message "Windows has recovered from display driver failure" (or something) and 1 second later i saw a BSOD

my 2nd vista BSOD ... again driver-related. With the proper drivers, this is going to be one of the most stable windows OS ever :D

kicking 2k ass

Err... isn't SLI done at the hardware level?

MS has not tested Aero with SLI at all, therefore, SLI is unsupported by Vista. Will nVidia get it to work eventually? Probably, but don't count on any help from Microsoft if things don't work. WDDM & DirectX 10 have no knowledge or API of SLI video cards. SLI under DirectX9 is a hack that requires updated drivers with new game profiles for every new game for it to work properly.

If nVidia weren't on the outs with MS, then WDDM & DX10 would have been designed with native support for SLI baked right in with a consistent API for game devs to make full use of SLI (dictate which cards render what objects much in the same they can dictate what processes and threads run on which CPU).

Bring your negative comment out of here.

This coming from a guy named Depression with 5 posts, sorry but YOU LOSE!

Congrats, you just made my top 10 stupidest thing ever said on neowin :wacko:

Congrats, you just made my top most ignorant thing ever said on neowin.

Show me your proof that SLI is supported in Vista? I didn't think so. I've already pointed out that WDDM & DX10 is designed for single cards using ATI's Xbox 360 architecture as the baseline. Microsoft has done ZERO testing with multiple card systems. Did I say that SLI will never happen under Vista? No, I said it is unsupported in Vista, which means MS doesn't give a crap if your SLI don't work in Vista. They've already given the shaft to all Creative sound card owners by dropping EAX, so it looks like you have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for playing, try again next time.

They've already given the shaft to all Creative sound card owners by dropping EAX, so it looks like you have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for playing, try again next time.

They didn't drop EAX, they dropped support for hardware accelerated DirectSound3D which just to happens to disable EAX in legacy games. EAX still works through OpenAL. Get your facts straight!