Do You Still Use Windows 9x?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Still Use Windows 9x?

• Only OS
    • Dual Booted
    • Dont Use It Anymore

If you still use Windows 9x in some form or another please tick, it seems original(ish) cos i see this side of the forum looking a little empty hehe but im sure a lot of people at least still dual boot with it. Tell us why? :happy:

i use win98 on my proxy server to run wingate as a NAT with dialup , mainly cos its all it needs , and because the spec of the server isnt much , but enough for the job :)

I have one of the PC's on the network still running win95, but that's only because the program delivered with the scanner can only run under win9x. And also because that computer isn't much: a P133, 1.2G HD and 48!!!! MB EDO RAM....

Luckely I just builded my own new computer. Duron 1300, 512 MB SDRAM, etc. Works like a charm under WinXP. The rest of the network is also running win2k or winXP

Greetings,

Thekk

win98 is teh devil!!! :D I only use it in one class at school, I got win2k in my other class, I wish we had win2k in web design since win98 likes to go slow and crash :)

2k runs on low end pcs

my server is

os[Windows 2000 Professional (5.0 - 2195)]

uptime[1w 3d 3h 46m 16s]

cpu[1-Intel Pentium, 166MHz, 0KB]

mem[usage: 59/64MB (92.19%)]

it runs zonealarm, apache http server, probnc, netmeeting, guildftp server, mirc

and look at the uptime!

ive had the uptime to 3weeks 5days but i had to turn my power off :(

i used to have 98 on my old 266mhz pc...but i formated it a few months ago and now dual boot windows 2000 and .NET Server 2003 eventhough i never really use it...it has 160mb of sdram and 6.5gig hd

I have XP pro and tri boot with two versions of Me. I need one Me for the language, and the other came with my computer, and it helps to understand the other Me. But I mostly use Me as a controller program. XP and Partition Magic and other PQ software are not compatible. I do anything with PM in XP and Xp will crash, over time it harms XP. So I use Me for partitioning. I get Me to run very well, no crashing here. It's not a bad OS, just not to the level of XP.

I love XP pro. Tried Longhorn, not so good an OS yet.

2k is alright. Just I'd rather have XP anyday.

• 5 weeks later...
I only am forced to use it on my parents computer (they have yet to upgrade :( ). I have a dual boot WinXP/Linux Madrake 9.0 machine and Love it.

Hey just wondering... what do you use as your boot loader?> Lilo? I was trying to get NT loader to boot into mandrake 9.. no luck so far though :(

Nope not anymore

WINXP, WIN2000 and Red Hat Linux 8 for moi. :)

What do you use Red Hat Linux for? I don't know of any practical reasons for installing or having it.

I am using win 98 in a temp pc I use only on vacations when

I return to my home town.

I am quite pleased and rarely had any BSODs. Many things aren't

done as they are supposed to and the 320 MB of RAM are not utilised as they should.