Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

http://www.powertogether.com/

The Power Together Campaign consists of two (2) offers, the Windows Vista Business Offer and the Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Offer, and is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) 18 years of age or older. You are not eligible to receive these offers if you or your employer is a participant in the Microsoft Partner Program or the Microsoft Developer Network. To be eligible to receive Windows Vista Business, you must register at www.powertogether.com and participate in at least three (3) qualifying web casts and/or virtual lab sessions within 30 days of registration. To be eligible to receive Microsoft Office Professional 2007, you must register at www.powertogether.com and participate in at least three (3) qualifying web casts and/or virtual lab sessions within 30 days of registration. In order to register at www.powertogether.com, you may be asked to provide personal information including name, telephone, and address. All personal information gathered during registration will be subject to Microsoft’s privacy policy. Limit one gift per person per Offer. These offers are non-transferable. These offers expire on February 28, 2007, or while supplies last, and are not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. If you are eligible for and register to receive both gifts, you must complete a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) form prior to receipt of the second gift. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipment of your gift(s).

Government Customers: Microsoft intends that use of the services and products offered as part of this promotion comply with applicable federal, state, provincial, and local government gift and ethics rules. If you are a government employee (including an employee of a public education institution), these services and products may be used for evaluation purposes only, solely for the benefit of your agency or institution, and not for the personal use or benefit of any individual. You should consult with your agency or institution counsel or ethics officer prior to use of these services or products. You may return the products to Microsoft at its expense.

Now if someone could tell me the main difference between Ultimate and business that would be great. I was going to order Technet later this week but if there isnt that much of a difference then Ill stick with the free biz. thanks

These types of things are legit. I remember back in 2000? I found this site where if you filled out a long ass survey you could pick a gift out of about 30 Microsoft items. I wasn't sure if was real but about a month later I got the gift I had requested (FrontPage 2000). I thought I was the coolest person in the world. I think I'll try to this.

Shame it's only for US residents.

Do they send you a dvd or let you download it?

"Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipment of your gift(s)."

That wording would make it sound like it gets shipped to you. Anyone know exactly what these webcasts are? I've heard of them but I've never been in one.

It's mainly focused at businesses, hence the Vista Business version. They are trying to get buisness owners to watch webcasts and think "Hey, we could really use that" and then go out and buy copies for all the computers in the office. So one free copy for 20 paid copies, works out pretty well for them.

Then again, this will just be passed around places like this where people only need one copy so they get their one free copy and never buy another copy.

Edit: Oh, and yes, assuming it's similar to previous deals, they will send you DVDs, but they wont be retail DVDs, so don't expect the fancy box and DVD.