Free Vista Biz/Office..us only

Ok here is a strange one .....I just did Office 2007 But they sent me Vista & Office 2007....Which I have no use for .....er anyone want to trade for something ? I got office from a work program and vista cause I was a active beta tester plus I scored 2 months of free Technet plus. Oh and if your wondering I put my cuz address down in San fran since I'm a Canuck.

-Romeo

They must have sent you my copy. Mail it to me, please.

I called and my order was shipped on the 26th but I never received it.

Bug them to replace it. Usually with the mail when something's lost it eventually shows up a few weeks later. So if you get them to replace it you probably eventually will get the original and then you'll have two! Did you verify your address?

Bug them to replace it. Usually with the mail when something's lost it eventually shows up a few weeks later. So if you get them to replace it you probably eventually will get the original and then you'll have two! Did you verify your address?

I don't want to be negative, but on the site it specifically said "all returned packages will not be re-sent" so hopefully that is not what happened.

... I am kinda in the same boat...still waiting :cry:

Thread bumpage.

Surprisingly, my Office and Vista arrived today at work even though my shipping address was listed as my home address. It looks like they combined the zip code from my home address and the office's street address. No wonder it took so long.

By the way, I forgot to sign my W-9 form the first time around so I had to fax it again. All in all I faxed them the form 3 times.

Anyway, it is here and I'm happy.

I earned the 2 prizes, if I don't send the W-9 I olny receive 1 or nothing?

I still don't get why people are so antsy about sending in the W-9 form. It's a standard form that the IRS requires them to collect in this situation (giving out over $600 in gifts). You'd fill out the same form if you won a big prize on your local radio station. When will people stop acting like tin-foil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorists and just accept the fact that not everyone is out to steal your Social Security number. Hell, you give out more information than this when you apply for a job at McDonalds.

I just called the customer service number, and they said they had not gotten my w9 even though I faxed it in 2 weeks ago. So I sent it into them. But they said that's what was holding up my order of both office and vista. They also said they were not done shipping those out yet.

My address was fine, she gave me some customer service email, but I got no responce from them

I have a quick question for anyone that received the Office 2007 code. I was going to install Office 2007 on my system, but I'll be building a new PC in 3 or 4 months. I am worried about the licensing and if I'll be able to reinstall it on the new system without any registration/licensing issues. If there are any, I would just as soon wait and save it for the new one.

Anyone installed the "PowerTogether" version and then moved it to another system already?

(The other option is to install it on my wife's system and just leave it there). :no:

I have a quick question for anyone that received the Office 2007 code. I was going to install Office 2007 on my system, but I'll be building a new PC in 3 or 4 months. I am worried about the licensing and if I'll be able to reinstall it on the new system without any registration/licensing issues. If there are any, I would just as soon wait and save it for the new one.

Anyone installed the "PowerTogether" version and then moved it to another system already?

(The other option is to install it on my wife's system and just leave it there). :no:

Office 2007 does not have the rigorous licensing scheme that Vista has for VLK, but I'm not sure about retail licenses such as these. This is the closest I could come to an answer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927921

You can activate your free copy of Office Professional 2007 on up to 2 computers. So you would be able to activate it on both your current PC and your new one, but after that, you will have to call the 1-800 number and explain your situation in order to activate it. The reps at the activation support center are usually pretty understanding and won't give you too hard a time.

anyone getting it lately? still not in el paso tx

i send a email asking for my "order" but no response from catalysis or whatever is called

nothing here in northeast Kansas... still waiting on just Vista, hopefully today... haven't emailed them yet though, I'll give it until this Friday.