Windows Vista Ultimate Extras

Windows Vista Ultimate Extras  

308 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want from Windows Vista Ultimate Extras?

• Windows Live Mail Premium Free
    • Windows Live OneCare Free
    • Eyecandy (Wallpapers, Sounds, Themes)
    • Extra Games
    • A Pony <VBG>

I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gadgets. I've downloaded lots of em. I am surprised that they have such a large library of gadgets already. I really like the recycle bin gadget. I have a picture of my desktop as my avatar and my profile picture. Take a look.

It is my opinion that Vista is a masterpiece. Just stunning.

amino

As for the super secrecy. Ever heard of keeping your mouth shut when told to for a good reason?

As for screenshots, anyone who leaks out screenshots from this beta will have their head handed to them on a silver platter.

My god, it's only a product.... Simple "Extras" to the main OS. You all talk about those Extra like it was the end of all things.

NDA or not, you bet their will be screenshot posted on the Web. Maybe not here because the "secrecy" level is of national security.... But everywhere else...

Cheer up, it's only a OS.... Oupss, not even close, simple Extra to the OS....

I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gadgets. I've downloaded lots of em. I am surprised that they have such a large library of gadgets already. I really like the recycle bin gadget. I have a picture of my desktop as my avatar and my profile picture. Take a look.

It is my opinion that Vista is a masterpiece. Just stunning.

amino

Can I get a copy of that wallpaper.

Also the pic in your profile is too small, can you post one please??

highlight the icons, and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse (like pressing ctrl and scrolling in IE)...that'll change the size of the icons dynamically!

or just right click on the desktop and click view, then your icon sizes are right there. ;)

My god, it's only a product.... Simple "Extras" to the main OS. You all talk about those Extra like it was the end of all things.

NDA or not, you bet their will be screenshot posted on the Web. Maybe not here because the "secrecy" level is of national security.... But everywhere else...

Cheer up, it's only a OS.... Oupss, not even close, simple Extra to the OS....

As I've said before and I'll say it again now.

You can truly tell that there is no honor among theives. :shiftyninja:

im sure that animated wallpaper would be the "coolest" thing they release aside a few themes and walls.... im not expecting a big deal with the Extras... as usual from MS

I don't want any of those things listed, tho I guess some of them could be nice for some people. I hope they release some extras targeted at power users, like some of the features that were originally supposed to be in Vista.

Some extras I'd like to see:

- Game Performance Optimizer - a program that tweaks your system to get extra performance in games, but reverts back to the normal settings when not playing one

- System Monitor - a Gadget that shows some system performance statistics well beyond what the current CPU/Memory monitor shows

- P2P Folder Sharing - Something similar to FolderShare, which is a program Microsoft acquired about a year ago, except integrated into the OS to make it easier to use with other Windows Vista users

- P2P Picture View/Sharing program - Similar to the Max project that was closed recently

- Desktop Wallpaper Changer - an application that rotates desktop wallpapers using some nice fade effects

- RSS Synchronization Service - something similar to Bloglines or Newsgator, except it will integrate with the underlying RSS platform

- Enhanced RSS Reader - an application that uses the underlying RSS platform and displays news/podcast/videocasts in an interesting way using WPF

- Theme/Animation Manager - an application that lets you customize Vista's visual style and animations, probably produced by Stardock

- Universal Media Converter - convert any unprotected video/audio file into wmv/wma, or some other formats if they are really feeling generous

- Podcast/Videocast Studio - record/edit/distribute podcasts/videocasts

Edited by Fonze

I don't want any of those things listed, tho I guess some of them could be nice for some people. I hope they release some extras targeted at power users, like some of the features that were originally supposed to be in Vista.

That might be in SP1. I heard SP1 (codename Fiji) will be a major realse, one that will bump the NT verson up to 6.1

You know, there should be an option for Multiple choices. I copied this ame thread over on an "vista fourm" but added the Muitiple choices, and seems more pople chose that then any other. Cuz there are some people that may want more then what is listed

Game Performance Optimizer, as someone mentioned above, I've heard somewhere this was in the works, but haven't heard anything recently. It would be cool if Ultimate Extras gave those users opportunities to beta versions or early demos of games, like Halo 2 and such. However, I doubt that would happen as "someone" would leak it and it would be a pointless "extra" ;)