Mac OS X 'Leopard'-related Discussion

Download Themepark > Locate and open Extras.rsrc and Extras2.rsrc > Do a search for all the scroll bar resources > replace them with the new scroll bar images. You'll probably have to modify them in Photoshop or whatever editing application.

Good Luck! :p

Easier said than done :p

new shared Windows folders work for me on my MacBook. the computers still show on the finder sidebar and when i connect it shows the new share.

I can see those new folders too, but I can't access them.

Well that just made it 1000% more useful.

First time I tried to drag a window it didn't do anything, tested it now and it did, odd.

you can drag a window to side of the screen and it will also flip to the next space (just hold it against the edge for a second)...

if in 1 drag to the right to go to 2 / bottom to 3

if in 2 drag to the left to go to 1 / bottom to 4

etc

etc

I think the problems im having is becasue they need to update the macbook pro nvidia firmware badly.

I have heard alot of people say there is bad OpenGL performance with the nvidia cards until new firmware is made available.

I've got some stacks in the dock.

I've got an Applications stack. I click on it and up comes the grid. As we all know, the Utilities folder resides in the Applications folder. I click on the Utilities folder and . . . it opens it in Finder.

How come I can't get subfolders to show up as a grid/fan? They all seem to open in Finder. I remember in Leopard build 9a466 subfolders in stacks simply opened in another grid/fan view.

What font does your Dictionary widget use in Leopard? Mine uses Helvetica and it looks lame. As far as I know, it should be Baskerville, as it used to be in Tiger. I trashed the pref file, didn't help.

picture1dr0.png

I've got some stacks in the dock.

I've got an Applications stack. I click on it and up comes the grid. As we all know, the Utilities folder resides in the Applications folder. I click on the Utilities folder and . . . it opens it in Finder.

How come I can't get subfolders to show up as a grid/fan? They all seem to open in Finder. I remember in Leopard build 9a466 subfolders in stacks simply opened in another grid/fan view.

They did. I don't know why this functionality was removed. It was just a stupid decision, really.

What font does your Dictionary widget use in Leopard? Mine uses Helvetica and it looks lame. As far as I know, it should be Baskerville, as it used to be in Tiger. I trashed the pref file, didn't help.

picture1dr0.png

Odd. Try and delete the widget from your widgets folder.

940cdc51bc78492ea419.png

They did. I don't know why this functionality was removed. It was just a stupid decision, really.

Quillz, "stupid" doesn't even begin to describe it!

It's not only cool, but incredibly useful to be able to drill down into subfolders via Stacks. Betas of Leopard had this functionality. Sure, the previous folder-grid disappeared, but you could just keep going.

Why Apple took this out is inexplicable, at least to me. And frankly, I find it really annoying. :cry:

Is there any way to get this back using some tweak or terminal command?

you can drag a window to side of the screen and it will also flip to the next space (just hold it against the edge for a second)...

if in 1 drag to the right to go to 2 / bottom to 3

if in 2 drag to the left to go to 1 / bottom to 4

etc

etc

Yeah, it's working for me now.

But it wasn't before, which was what caused me to make that post.

Just updated to Leopard this morning (2.4Ghz 15' MBP 2GB RAM 160GB) and I must say I love it.

It's not thatt much different than Tiger, but I was really impressed with the boot time. Around 5 seconds or so.

Spaces is quite handy for a graphic designer on a laptop.

I can have an Illustrator Space and Photoshop Space and switch easily between the two w/o CMD+Tabbing.

I'm also very tempted to buy a new external drive to backup with Time Machine, but we'll see.

Question about Time Machine though. If I have a drive now that has enough space to backup, will it just format the drive and use it all or will it just use what it has?

I have a HFS+ formatted 500GB MyBook that has some space and would like to try out Time Machine.

Oh, and the PhotoBooth/iChat green screen things don't work too well for me.

Question about Time Machine though. If I have a drive now that has enough space to backup, will it just format the drive and use it all or will it just use what it has?

I have a HFS+ formatted 500GB MyBook that has some space and would like to try out Time Machine.

It will just use the available space.

Quillz, "stupid" doesn't even begin to describe it!

It's not only cool, but incredibly useful to be able to drill down into subfolders via Stacks. Betas of Leopard had this functionality. Sure, the previous folder-grid disappeared, but you could just keep going.

Why Apple took this out is inexplicable, at least to me. And frankly, I find it really annoying. :cry:

Is there any way to get this back using some tweak or terminal command?

I was thinking maybe finding what files control Stacks and then doing a hack job of sorts where I replace the default file with those from the beta so that we get back the improved Stacks functionality.

People have figured out how to alter scroll bars, the Dock, etc. in Leopard. I'm sure in time they will figure out how to alter Stacks behavior. If we can build hidden dynamic Stacks, surely we can change how they work.

Stacks would be living inside the Dock. You would probably need Dock.app from one of the betas. Or it could just be in a preference somewhere...

First person to find this preference file gets a cookie in the shape of Steve Jobs.

Would it possible for someone to extract the new Boot Camp drivers off the Leopard DVD? Windows won't read my DVD for some reason so can't use the new drivers. :(

Would it possible for someone to extract the new Boot Camp drivers off the Leopard DVD? Windows won't read my DVD for some reason so can't use the new drivers. :(

In the bootcamp assistant, can you not just use the "Save to Disk" option?

Ye, ignore me, that option seems to have gone now. I'll get it off the cd later (if no one else does)

This will teach me to check before posting. If you look in the package contents of Bootcamp it seems to be there

post-35372-1195658286_thumb.png

Or is that the old drivers from my upgrade..

Edited by furby

My Boot Camp 2.0 is only 12.4MB. I think in Leopard the drivers are stored somewhere else but I don't know where. :blink: