The PRE game fun...

That's good decompiler.

But I found one that is worse, but is more "honest" and says ActionScript is broken

This is the decompiled crap:

// Action script...

// [Initial MovieClip Action of sprite 22]
#initclip 1
var \x01 = 648;
for (\x01 = eval("\x01") + 66; eval("\x01") == 186; \x01 = eval("\x01") + 663)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 12;
	if (false)
	{
		continue;
	} // end if
} // end of for
if (eval("\x01") == 230)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 426;

} // end if
\x01 = eval("\x01") - 254;
if (eval("\x01") == 837)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 484;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 241)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 69;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 764)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 523;
	if (false)
	{
	}
	else
	{
		\x01 = eval("\x01") + 69;
	} // end else if

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 310)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 130;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 656)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 390;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 586)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 320;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 174)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 663;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 212)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 228;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 419)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 189;
	if (false)
	{
	}
	else
	{
		\x01 = eval("\x01") + 426;
	} // end else if

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 178)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 175;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 266)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") + 31;

} // end if
if (eval("\x01") == 297)
{
	\x01 = eval("\x01") - 163;

}
else
{
	if (eval("\x01") == 134)
	{
		\x01 = eval("\x01") - 134;

} // end if

} // end else if
#endinitclip

\x01 is the name of a variable. It is non-printable character , so it's shown in hex.

But this is what you can find in disassembly:

#232	_push "\x01"
	_getVariable
	_push 266
	_equals
	_not
	_if true goto #246
	_push "\x01"
	_push "\x01"
	_getVariable
	_push 31
	_add
	_setVariable
	_constantPool "_global" "CountDownTimer" "homeurlparam" "homeUrl" "/now.asmx?WSDL" "webServicen" "mx" "services" "WebService" "http://stagessl.42entertainment.com:20000/preawareness/now.asmx?WSDL" "thisCountDownTimer" "Date" "getFullYear" "MovieClip" "prototype" "CountDown" "objServicen" "ml" "sc" "mn" "hr" "dy" "mo" "yr" "ServerTime" "onResult" "returnSerial" "eventMillisecs" "timeToWaitMillisecs" "getTime" "localEventMillisecs" "correctionMillisecs" "onFault" "onEnterFrame" "remaining" " " "msecs" "launch" "gotoAndStop" "secs" "Math" "floor" "mins" "hours" "days" "toString" "length" "0" ":" "" "ASSetPropFlags"
	_jump to #4

This code didn't make it to disassembly due to broken ActionScript

ok...

That reveals a 'now' webservice:

http://vanishingpointgame.com/now.asmx

By running Ethereal (Network monitor) I noticed data getting posted when I click submit:

Url: http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/precodehandler.ashx

Data: var1=iw4nttwinyou&var2=C468E00C9D9CC0AD500B3C63D43112E2

Edit:

In short, the flash movies posts what the user enters into the precodehandler.ashx or fires the handler in some other way. The handler responds by returning a Flash movie or nothing. This way they can easily block bad referers etc.

Edited by Zyphrax

Enough for now.. I'm going off to bed.

Below is a summary of our recent findings, please try to keep it up-to-date...

Vanishingpointgame.com

Start by reading the first post of this thread and watch the video below...

Important links

The video

The biography

The flickr website

Video clues/findings

1. The map (left of Bellagio picture) is the map of the Bellagio fountains, one of the sidewalks has been marked with a pen

2. Japanese text in the video (below the Bellagio picture) is the Main welcome text of the Japanese Bellagio site

3. She puts 1 watch in her pocket and 4 watches in a box, with a small red dart/screwdriver/...

4. She talks about "if they need help, they can look for the vanishingpoint tag".

When you search on Google for "vanishingpoint tag" you get to the Flickr site above.

5. The black book that she is reading on the bed is:

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Vol 2 by Edward Gibbon (read online)

Biography clues/findings

1. The formula and biography hint towards Leonhard Euler (not sure yet)

Other clues/findings

1. Changing your system time progresses the counter, but nothing happens when it reaches 00:00:00.

2. The website counts down to 8th of January 2007 6.30pm

3. Every 15-letter word yields no results on the website

4. Flash decompiler and network monitor revealed /now.asmx and /precodehandler.ashx

Decompiling the swf isn't going to help us, theres nothing in there of any use. It posts the key to the precodehandler.ashx page, which checks it and then returns the puzzle, as a swf file, which is then displayed.

The now.asmx webservice simply returns the length of time, in milliseconds, until a specified date and time, this is obvious from the wsdl, this is also going to be of no use to us in figuring anything out.

Edited by DaveLegg

I didn't see this on the update post..

There were these three binary keys given on some sites

If you apply these to the keyboard pictures they match the iw4nttwinyou layout. Just in case anyone else is ****ing around with these.

I didn't see this on the update post..

There were these three binary keys given on some sites

If you apply these to the keyboard pictures they match the iw4nttwinyou layout. Just in case anyone else is ****ing around with these.

Pitty I can't ring the phone number...

USELESS UPDATE: I looked up the bellagio in local.live.com to see if there was anything 'captured' in the aerial images of that hotel - nothing came up. Tried the 3D view too... still nothing that I could see.

Edited by mrmckeb

Can you post a couple of pictures of the 3D for all of us cause i was trying to do the same thing but mine didn't work for some reason. Would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Any1 have a detailed explanation on how the pricross puzzle was solved. The one that we got by entering the escapegravity key.

On the Zenith page.. "Fewer than a thousand people have ever been there to see the ultimate vista. The grand prize winner will be one of them."

Is there something related to the Ultimate Version of Vista..maybe one of the RC candidates..I dunno just throwing it out there

On the Zenith page.. "Fewer than a thousand people have ever been there to see the ultimate vista. The grand prize winner will be one of them."

Is there something related to the Ultimate Version of Vista..maybe one of the RC candidates..I dunno just throwing it out there

I thought that too, but I can't name a beta version that fewer than 1000 people saw... can you?

:laugh:

I should have made it more clear what that was

That's actually the second time I've done that in this thread. Nobody did that the first time :laugh:

The first one I posted was h4rd50n0f4b1tcht050lv3

Edited by NightmarE D

I should have made it more clear what that was

That's actually the second time I've done that in this thread. Nobody did that the first time :laugh:

That, or many noobs did and were too afraid to post thet they couldnt get in with it. Great way to fool people tho :laugh:

As much as i enjoy the puzzles, didn't the instructions on the letter in the box say to find the other decoders before the date (1/8/07)??? Shouldn't we be looking for them so everyone can "come together" like they want?

As much as i enjoy the puzzles, didn't the instructions on the letter in the box say to find the other decoders before the date (1/8/07)??? Shouldn't we be looking for them so everyone can "come together" like they want?

Hmm, actually this sounds like a very sane idea to me. Maybe the boxes that people received were...different? and depending on the box/key, the text decodes to different things? just a though. i _am_ a bit drunk though, so i may havea bunch of typos and the idea might be stupid...

I've been following this since about an hour after the initial post .. (course I haven't posted because of the christmas festivities, but now that it's 1am on christmas morning and everyone's asleep I can finally steal the computers up here) .. anyways, damn you guys are figuring this out quickly. Just goes to show the smartest community on earth lives here :) (i'm clearly not biased)

They sure are going to extremes to make this difficult :D