Playstation Store Update Thread

So it's been a while since I've used my PS3, but today I was itching to play some old school GTA and MGS. While I was there I updated the firmware etc, and wow. I love what they've done with the store :yes: It's so much better now (Y)

One thing though, where the hell are the demos? I can't see any listed :wacko:

I can see my PS3 beginning to get more use now :)

So it's been a while since I've used my PS3, but today I was itching to play some old school GTA and MGS. While I was there I updated the firmware etc, and wow. I love what they've done with the store :yes: It's so much better now (Y)

One thing though, where the hell are the demos? I can't see any listed :wacko:

I can see my PS3 beginning to get more use now :)

SCEE the idiots that they are, decided to change the menu names from the SCEA store.

SCEA store has a tab named "demos" - Appropriate.

SCEE demos are located under "games" - Confusing.

SCEE the idiots that they are, decided to change the menu names from the SCEA store.

SCEA store has a tab named "demos" - Appropriate.

SCEE demos are located under "games" - Confusing.

Ah I see them now. Well apart from that I'm loving the new store. Hopefully they change the tab name, and possibly add one for latest demos.

Does anybody know how I can get my hands on High Velocity Bowling... It's not showing up in the store, but it shows up on the website.

it's only coming out in europe this week, so australia should be getting it this week as well.

What time does the US store typically get updated? I've only got a couple hours to kill and I was hoping for PixelJunk Monsters Encore, but sadly it's not there yet.

What time does the US store typically get updated? I've only got a couple hours to kill and I was hoping for PixelJunk Monsters Encore, but sadly it's not there yet.

Usually it is updated for me at around 6 PM, which is EST (so 3 PM California Time). I am hoping it happens earlier myself today as well, but highly unlikely, that is the usual time.

Thanks, I had been wondering if it was on a semi-set schedule. I know XBLA games always arrive Wednesday mornings at approximately 03:00 EST, figured it was the same way for PSN.

Was just playing the Condemned 2: Bloodshot demo, and I swear the guy sitting behind the desk has the voice of the Colonel from MGS. :laugh:

The only problem I still have with the store is that downloads are so unbearably slow it drives me nuts. I started downloading the Haze demo as soon as it was put up and I am only at 57%. What sucks is that it is like this all of the time. I can download something at 0400 and it is still just as slow. I hear of other people having problems like this and some other people say they don't, so I have no idea what the problem is.

• 3 weeks later...
PlayStation Store Update

Hey, everyone. We know you?re waiting for today?s PLAYSTATION Store weekly update, but it?s not quite ready. We will inform you right here when the Store update goes live. In the meantime, please take a look at what will be heading your way this week:

Qore Digital Magazine

Qore Episode 001: June, 2008 ($2.99 Issue, $24.99 Annual Subscription)

Qore: Presented by The PLAYSTATION Network is a monthly interactive video production covering the world of PlayStation. Qore provides its audience with exclusive behind-the-scenes access to developers and their games, from both the SCE Worldwide Studios and the third-party community, where the audience member can control and direct the content.

File size: 1.53 GB

Downloadable Games

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 ($9.99)

One of the most popular arcade shooters is back! Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 revives classic Commando action with an all new adventure.

ESRB Rated T

File size: 111 MB

NOVASTRIKE ($9.99)

The Draelus armada struck without warning and now it?s up to you to strike back! Strap into the cockpit of an advanced Scythe fighter and take the fight from our system back to Draelus itself.

ESRB Rated E10+

File size: 259 MB

Add-on Game Content

Guitar Hero III - GOW Add-On (free)

Download the exclusive God of WarII ?The End Begins (to Rock)? Add-On for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock only on the PLAYSTATION 3.

File size: 12.5 MB

Guitar Hero III: Motorhead Track Pack ($6.25)

Includes ?Stay Clean?, ?(We Are) The Road Crew? and ?Motorhead? by Motorhead. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

File size: 31 MB

Rock Band

Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* ?Perfect Insanity? - Disturbed ($0.99)

* ?Inside the Fire? - Disturbed ($0.99)

* ?Indestructible? - Disturbed ($0.99)

* Disturbed Pack 1 ($2.99) - includes ?Indestructible,? ?Perfect Insanity,? and ?Inside the Fire? by Disturbed.

* ?Volcano? - Jimmy Buffett ($1.99)

* ?Margaritaville? - Jimmy Buffett ($1.99)

* ?Cheeseburger in Paradise? - Jimmy Buffett ($1.99)

* Jimmy Buffett Pack 01 ($5.49) - includes ?Margaritaville,? ?Cheeseburger in Paradise,? and ?Volcano? by Jimmy Buffett.

File sizes: 25.1 MB - 32 MB (singles), 83.8 - 90.1 MB (track packs).

Rock Band price promotion: ?CrushCrushCrush? - Paramore, ?Rock N Roll Band? - Boston, ?Gimme Three Steps? - Lynyrd Skynyrd, ?Dirty Little Secret? - All-American Rejects, ?We Care a Lot? - Epic, ?All the Small Things? - Blink 182, ?Shockwave? - Black Tide, and ?Sugar Magnolia? - Grateful Dead are reduced to $0.99 until June 12th.

Game Demos (free)

Civilization Revolution Demo

Legendary game designer Sid Meier brings one of the greatest strategy games of all time to the PLAYSTATION3 system!

ESRB Rated E10+

File size: 1.26 GB

Battlefield: Bad Company MP Demo

Strike it rich in gold with Battlefield: Bad Company?s new demo now available!

ESRB Rating T

File size: 1.36 GB

NASCAR 09 Demo

Race your way with NASCAR 09. NASCAR?s four-time champion Jeff Gordon takes you under his wing and guides you through an all-new Career mode and the Sprint Driver Challenges to earn reputation and become a NASCAR champion.

ESRB Rated E

File size: 657 MB

Game Videos (free)

Guitar Hero III - God Of War Add-On

Download the exclusive God of War II ?The End Begins (to Rock)? Music Video only available for the PLAYSTATION 3 version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Be sure to also download the God of War II ?The End Begins (to Rock)? Add-On and Music Track only available on the PLAYSTATION Store.

File size: 26 MB (SD)

Resident Evil 5: Spring Trailer 2008!

The second Resident Evil 5 Trailer is finally declassified!

File size: 108 MB (HD)

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 Trailer

Download the exciting new trailer complete with 3 player co-op Commando action!

File size: 25 MB (SD), 48 MB (HD)

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures launch trailer

In LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures you can build, battle and brawl your way through all three classic Indiana Jones movies and relive your favorite Indy adventures in the tongue-in-cheek world of LEGO.

File size: 48 MB (SD), 94 MB (HD)

Dead Space Story Trailer

Experience the horror that islife on the Ishimura in the new Dead Space Story Trailer.

File size: 88 MB (HD)

Fracture Trailer

See the trailer for the new LucasArts title Fracture.

File size: 216 MB (HD)

Fracture Behind the Scenes ?Story?

A ?behind the scenes? look at all of the elements that went into creating the Fracture story.

File size: 923 MB (HD)

Hail to the Chimp: 3:00 AM

Who do you want answering the all important red phone at 3:00 AM?

File size: 24 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes (free)

Retro Theme

Customize your PS3 system with a cool Retro theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!

File size: 1.01 MB

Game Music (free)

God Of War ?The End Begins? Music Track

Download the exclusive God of War II ?The End Begins (to Rock)? Music Track only available for the PLAYSTATION 3 version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Be sure to also download the God of War II ?The End Begins (to Rock)? Music Video and Add-On for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock only available on the PLAYSTATION Store.

File size: 7.92 MB

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week?s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you?ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 ($15.99) (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos (free)

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 trailer

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 TV Spot 1

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 TV Spot 2

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 Wallpaper (x4)

Game Music (free)

* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 music tracks (x5)

Again, we?ll update you here as soon as the Store goes live.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/05/...tore-update-37/

Good update this month for you Americans! (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking froward to whatever the Konami surprise is suppose to be, apparently it is rumoured to be coming to the store in some form, im hoping the first metal gear, that would be very cool. :D

And apparently it was suppose to come out last week as well, here's hoping its a Euro/US release whatever it is. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a list of what has been updated on the store:

PS3 store

Game

* Metallica Death Magnetic album (Activision, ?11.99)

* 1942 Joint Strike (Capcom, ?6.99)

* Siren Blood Curse (SCEE, ?19.99Demo/u>

* ElefunkTrial (SCEE)

* Play TV Demo (SCEE)

* 1942: Joint Strike (SCEE)

* FIFA 09 Demo (SCEEPacks/u>

* Pain: Amusement Park (SCEE, ?3.49)

* Pain-Kenneth Character (SCEE, ?0.69)

* Pain -Yeony Character (SCEE, ?0.69)

* Pain Tati Character (SCEE, ?Videoseos

* FIFA 09 trailer (EA)

* Mirror’s Edge E3 trailer (EA)

* Tomb Raider Underworld teaser trailer (Eidos)

* Pure E3 trailer (DiWallpapersers

* The Last Guy Wallpaper A (SCEE)

* The Last Guy Wallpaper B (SCEE)

* The Last Guy Wallpaper C (SCEE)

* The Last Guy Wallpaper D (SCEE)

* The Last Guy Wallpaper E (SCEE)

* The Last Guy Wallpaper F (Themesmes

* PixelJunk Eden Red Theme (SCEE)

* PixelJunk Eden Black Theme (In-gameame

* Elefunk Full Game Upgrade (SCEE, ?4.99)

• 2 weeks later...