Playstation Store Update Thread

How is everyday shooter?

I've yet to purchase any PSN games yet, but this one looks interesting.

I love it, but it's frickin hard.

You'll get your moneys worth in the sense that if you like shooters like this, you'll play it for a lot longer than 20-25 minutes.

It has extras/unlockables as well. Shuffle mode will give it some more life and there's some other funky stuff.

It's an interactive album/game. 8 levels, each roughly the length of an average music track give or take.

Much better than some of the crap on PSN, plus one guy made it, I'll happily support him.... even although Sony probably get most of the cut :p

I love it, but it's frickin hard.

You'll get your moneys worth in the sense that if you like shooters like this, you'll play it for a lot longer than 20-25 minutes.

It has extras/unlockables as well. Shuffle mode will give it some more life and there's some other funky stuff.

It's an interactive album/game. 8 levels, each roughly the length of an average music track give or take.

Much better than some of the crap on PSN, plus one guy made it, I'll happily support him.... even although Sony probably get most of the cut :p

While I haven't played any of those type of shooters form my memory, it sounds good, might buy it next time I'm on the PS3 (which will be in about an hour :p)

Are there any other games you would recommend Audio?

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying PixelJunk Monsters, which is pretty cool, and totally addictive, and with the change form a past purchase I had enough for Fl0w, which is also very cool, and very relaxing.

In about a week or so I'm going to buy Everyday Shooter and Superstardust HD. :D

I downloaded the Lost Planet on-line demo, and I thought the game really sucked, i then deleted it and won't be buying it when its released.

I ended up buying PixelJunk Monsters, which is pretty cool, and totally addictive, and with the change form a past purchase I had enough for Fl0w, which is also very cool, and very relaxing.

In about a week or so I'm going to buy Everyday Shooter and Superstardust HD. :D

I downloaded the Lost Planet on-line demo, and I thought the game really sucked, i then deleted it and won't be buying it when its released.

Lost Planet sucks. I didn't like it.

I just tried PixelJunk Monsters and its really good. I think I'm going to buy it. :)

Lost Planet sucks. I didn't like it.

I just tried PixelJunk Monsters and its really good. I think I'm going to buy it. :)

I downloaded the demo from the American store first, and while you can play these type of games on-line, I love how the game looks, and its nice to have these little games to play when I don't feel like playing anything else.

Though looking at the on-line score boards, from what I can see from my friends list mostly made of Neowin peoples, I have some of the higher scores. :D

Pity it doesn't have on-line co-op though, would be good fun with some voice chat.

I also bought Riff: Everyday Shooter today, I've only played a level and half, since I died, I haven't quite pinned down what I am suppose to be doing, but its very funky none the less. :D

Id also like to point out the store update for Europe today really really really sucked hard, a trailer for Haze and Conflict: Denied Ops had a dev diary.

What in the world are they thinking?

While I haven't had the Console for that long really, this is the worst update I've seen.

The US got some Pain character, a game we still haven't got.

Some Rock Band downloadable's, a game not released here yet..

Guitar hero track.

And finally bunch of Game and Film trailers.

Did Europe do something to annoy Sony that we deserved a whole trailer and a dev diary and not a thing else? :huh:

I just hope those 25 Ps1 games are true, as bad as they may look now, its nice to play some I missed, and I do like to have a little collection of games I can play when I want. :D

I'd happily buy theme hospital again if I didn't already have it. *huggles Ps1 games*

Yeah this weeks updates, Europe especially were absolutely bollocks (N)

I was blown away by how bad Europe was.

Honestly, the US was bad too. Unless you own Rock Band or GH3, there was pretty much nothing at all.

I really just want a demo a week. I know that is asking a lot, but where I think they have really, really dropped the ball is not making ALL PSN games also come with a trial demo, just as XBLA does.

Case in point. I was interested in PAIN, then read some mixed reviews. I now will not spent $10 on a game I am just simply not sure if it will be good or not. So release a timed trial demo to let me see. I am sure it is not easy to release the demos like that, but they really need to implement it not only for gamers sake, but for theirs.

aaaarrgghhhh Ive been trying to buy PixelJunk Monster since yesterday and I cant. I tried two credit cards and it says they are not valid, what the hell?? I just used one of them today and it works fine. :angry:

anyone having problems with credit cards and PS Store??

aaaarrgghhhh Ive been trying to buy PixelJunk Monster since yesterday and I cant. I tried two credit cards and it says they are not valid, what the hell?? I just used one of them today and it works fine. :angry:

anyone having problems with credit cards and PS Store??

While I can't help you, and I am like a day late, how did it go?

Manage to buy it?

Nop I have tried everything and they don't work. No idea why, both credit cards work fine but not on the PS Store. :crazy:

Nop I have tried everything and they don't work. No idea why, both credit cards work fine but not on the PS Store. :crazy:

Make sure you match your address letter by letter to your bank's information.

Mine didn't work because of Avenue vs Ave.

• 2 weeks later...
North America

Demos & Games

None.

Downloadable Content

Guitar Hero 3 - Drop Kick Murphys Pack - FREE

- ?Famous for Nothing?

- ?Flannigan?s Ball?

- ?Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya?

Rock Band tracks - SXSW - $0.99 each

- Serj Tankian - ?Beethoven?s C***? (Master)

- Black Tide - ?Shockwave? (Master)

- Paramore - ?Crushcrushcrush? (Master)

TraEurope

Other

None.

Europe

Games & Demos

None.

Downloadable Content

Guitar Hero III: Modern Metal Track Pack - ?5.99 / ?3.99 / AUD 9.95

- Avenged Sevenfold - ?Almost Easy?

- Thrice - ?The Arsonist?

- The Deftones - ?Hole in the earth?

Trailers

- EJapanr

- PixelJunk Monsters theme

Japan

Games & Demos

None.

Downloadable Content

- Dark Mist Expansions - ?100

Trailers

None

Seriously, I hope all these really really crappy updates are because they are waiting for the apparent store upgrade in April before dishes all the awesome stuff out.

Its getting really annoying to have crap and then more crap.

that list is a little incomplete. there's an mlb 2k8 demo, as well as a wipeout pulse demo for the psp.

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

Toy Home Expansion Pack ($6.99)

The Toy Home Expansion Pack adds even more racing fun to the miniature universe. This pack includes 6 new vehicles and 2 new playrooms, each with 3 separate configurations. Players will now be able to engage in 4-player battle both offline and online and check out their rankings online. Also included are a new set of courses in the single player mode and a free-run mode.

File size: 100 KB

PAIN Character: Nurse, Ginger ($0.99)

PAIN can hurt, but be careful - Sometimes your medical professional is really the one who needs help. Case in point, downloadable character Ginger, our on-site PAIN Nurse.

File size: 7.42 MB

PAIN Character: Cheerleader, Muffy ($0.99)

“Gimme a ‘P’! Gimme an ‘A’! Gimme an ‘I’! Gimme an ‘N’! What does it spell!?!?? Umm…Can someone tell me what that spells, please?” Yeah, that’s Muffy, our new downloadable Cheerleader for PAIN.

File size: 4.68 MB

GUITAR HERO III: Dropkick Murphy’s Track Pack (free)

“Famous for Nothing”, “Flannigans Ball”, “Johnny”, “I Hardly Knew Ya”, as performed by Dropkick Murphy’s. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

File size: 41.7 MB

Rock Band

Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

“Shockwave” - Black Tide ($0.99)

“Beethoven’s C***” - Serj Tankian ($0.99)

“CrushCrushCrush” - Paramore ($0.99)

File sizes: 20.3 MB - 23.7 MB

Demos (free)

Major League Baseball 2K8 Demo

This is a 3 inning demo of baseball gameplay from Major League Baseball 2K8. It features 2 teams (Boston and Colorado) and 1 stadium (Fenway Park).

ESRB Rated E

File size: 952 MB

Game Videos (free)

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - Characters & Courses

Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.

File size: 41.6 MB (HD)

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - New Shot System

Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.

File size: 64.5 MB (HD)

Viking: Battle for Asgard Teaser Trailer

You are Skarin, a rage-fueled Viking warrior hell-bent on revenge. The goddess of death has resurrected a legion of demon warriors to overrun mankind and begin the apocalypse. Wage all-out war to annihilate the enemy and free the Earth from the grip of the Underworld.

File size: 70.3 MB (HD)

Viking Episode 1 - Skarin’s Calling Trailer

The invasion of Hel’s Dread Legion. Midgard is brought to its knees, its sons and daughters murdered or imprisoned. Is there no one to stand against her? Have the gods deserted us?

File size: 84.7 MB (HD)

Viking Episode 2 - Siege of Caldburg Trailer

Caldburg, The Jewel of Galcliff, now overrun by Hel’s monsters and corrupted by the horrors committed within its walls. Skarin knew its importance to our people, and we marched on the city with a grim determination.

File size: 76.5 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes (free)

God of War: Chains of Olympus Theme

Customize your PS3 system with a cool God of War: Chains of Olympus theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.

File size: 8.19 MB

PAIN: Ginger Theme

Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Ginger theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.

File size: 2.53 MB

PAIN: Muffy Theme

Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Muffy theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.

File size: 2.58 MB

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Theme 1

Customize your PS3 system with a cool Condemned 2: Bloodshot theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.

File size: 25.5 MB

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Theme 2

Customize your PS3 system with a cool Condemned 2: Bloodshot theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.

File size: 14.2 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Demos (free)

* WipEout Pulse Demo

PSP Themes (free)

* God of War: Chains of Olympus Theme

PSP Wallpaper (free)

* God of War: Chains of Olympus Wallpaper (x4)

that list is a little incomplete. there's an mlb 2k8 demo, as well as a wipeout pulse demo for the psp.

Your right, my list was incomplete, whoops, lol.

Still really kinda sucked though.

And I saw Kol playing PixelJunk Monsters, so I'm assuming he got something to work somewhere to buy the game.

:D

Your right, my list was incomplete, whoops, lol.

Still really kinda sucked though.

And I saw Kol playing PixelJunk Monsters, so I'm assuming he got something to work somewhere to buy the game.

:D

the problem was that someone stole my credit card info and they didn't allow more transaction with that number. Now everything is fine and I got a new credit card :D

the problem was that someone stole my credit card info and they didn't allow more transaction with that number. Now everything is fine and I got a new credit card :D

Woo, good its all sorted, how are you liking it?

And for us Europeans.

Next European PSN update to be the most PAINful yet

It has been confirmed to us that the wait is finally over. Europeans can get their hands on PAIN, as well as a few add on packs (probably the character packs already released in the US) this coming Thursday. With last week being described as "the last bad update for a while", things should pick up from now on. Yeah. How many times have we heard that one?

The localisation issues that cause these ridiculous delays (it's been four months since PAIN was released in America) are due to be addressed at some point in the near future. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, something needs to be done, so we'll look forward to these discussions with cautious anticipation.

Ps3Fanboy

Not sure I if I would want to get it or not. :s

Woo, good its all sorted, how are you liking it?

I like it but I hate when I cant do a perfect level :crazy: hehe

I like it but I hate when I cant do a perfect level :crazy: hehe

I cant edit my post but I want to add. Today Ive been playing a lot (PixelJunk Monster) and the game is really hard. Those damn spiders are really fast. :angry:

I cant edit my post but I want to add. Today Ive been playing a lot (PixelJunk Monster) and the game is really hard. Those damn spiders are really fast. :angry:

Haha, yea, it can get really hard, but it gets far easier once you make it to the last of the easy levels, which is just a level with all spiders, and once you've done it you get the running ability, which makes earlier levels and the mediums easier as you can shoot round the map instead of the character taking his fat ass time to run to defend his buddies.

What annoys me is there is always, always one spider that will make it through to kill one fo your little tribes midgets, really annoying, especially on a level that can take like 20 mins to do for you to lose a perfect near the end. :angry:

Update for Thursday- March 20, 2008

* Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Maxed out player" add-on ($2.49)

* Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Turnberry Golf Resort" add-on (free)

* Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Doral Golf Resort, Blue Monster Course" add-on ($4.99)

* Rock Band DLC

o At The Gates' "Blinded By Fear" ($1.99)

o Evile's "Thrasher" ($1.99)

o The Haunted's "D.O.A" ($1.99)

* Condemned 2: Bloodshot demo (free)

* SEGA Superstars Tennis demo (free)

* MotorStorm 2 Teaser Trailer (free)

* Eye of Judgment "Set 2" Trailer (free)

* Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japan Intro Movie (free)

* Ape Quest PS3 Spec Trailer (free)

* Turning Point Trailer (free)

* Soul Calibur Character Reveal Trailer (free)

* Condemned 2: Bloodshot Launch Trailer (free)

* Gattaca movie trailer (free)

* Sleuth movie trailer (free)