nVidia Vista RTM drivers out!

Anyone else having a problem installing the 64 bit drivers. I have a 7800gtx card. I can't get the them to install with setup or with manual driver update. Manual update says encountered a problem.

Im having the same problem with a 7900gt SLi setup. Wont install manually or with the setup. Looks like they are installing and then it says "no changes have been made to your system".

Such a waste my SLi has just been sitting now for 2 months and no gaming.

Are these better then the built in drivers of Vista RTM?

Definitely, there has been alot of improvements. Those build in drivers in Vista RTM are really early betas.

Nice, still can't resume from standby without the primary display spazzing out and making me restart.

God, I have this problem on ever driver release except the ones included in vista rtm. What is causing this problem?

Im having the same problem with a 7900gt SLi setup. Wont install manually or with the setup. Looks like they are installing and then it says "no changes have been made to your system".

Such a waste my SLi has just been sitting now for 2 months and no gaming.

There is definitely a problem with these drivers installing for 64 bit with my 7800gtx. With a manual install I get this message - "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it". Installing using setup gets "no changes have been made to your system". I can install the beta 97.34 drivers without any problems. This has got to the point where I am thinking of scraping vista and going back to xp. What is up with nvidia? Why can't they get decent drivers for 64 bit vista. I know retail release is not until jan 30 but msdn and technet have had rtm for a while now. Microsoft wants everyone to migrate to 64bits..............lol. I don't see that happening. I know this is not Microsoft's problem but one would think that they would get all these hardware guys to get drivers.

On another note. I have an audigy 2zs platinum pro (creative sucks by the way) and now am getting a message that my beta drivers will expire on 1/12 2007. What a bunch of BS. Creative down right sucks, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what? I have been defending Vista all this time but have had it with the lack of support for my hardware for a 64bit system. Time to go back to xp pro 32bits and MS wants everyone to migrate to 64 bit system............. I think not.

Enough of my rant..............

There is definitely a problem with these drivers installing for 64 bit with my 7800gtx. With a manual install I get this message - "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it". Installing using setup gets "no changes have been made to your system". I can install the beta 97.34 drivers without any problems. This has got to the point where I am thinking of scraping vista and going back to xp. What is up with nvidia? Why can't they get decent drivers for 64 bit vista. I know retail release is not until jan 30 but msdn and technet have had rtm for a while now. Microsoft wants everyone to migrate to 64bits..............lol. I don't see that happening. I know this is not Microsoft's problem but one would think that they would get all these hardware guys to get drivers.

On another note. I have an audigy 2zs platinum pro (creative sucks by the way) and now am getting a message that my beta drivers will expire on 1/12 2007. What a bunch of BS. Creative down right sucks, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what? I have been defending Vista all this time but have had it with the lack of support for my hardware for a 64bit system. Time to go back to xp pro 32bits and MS wants everyone to migrate to 64 bit system............. I think not.

Enough of my rant..............

I am feeling the same exact way. They have to get their butt in gear with SLi support for vista. I never should have completely switched, but I thought nVidia, being the company that they are, would hop on the driver issue and back SLi the way they have been advertising it. Im just let down with each driver set they release, and its been like 2 and a half months since their last official vista driver release.

Same problem as paesan and RGSPro it always says that no changes were made to the system or if I use the Windows Update Driver tool it says that it found an error about not finding a certain file. if anyone finds a fix for this please post.

i still wish i had my ati card, least their drivers worked well and i got 5.7 performance index, i swap to a 7600gs and all my ratings go down, the drivers stop respoinding, 90% of the games i have dont run cause the drivers are crapola

I've been able to play CSS just fine with the past couple of driver releases. I installed a 7900 GTX yesterday and with the 97.52 drivers I scored ~5600 in 3DMark06 so I think the performance issues have mostly been fixed.