Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

9:39 am $299

Not a bad price considering you get a small footprint, hdtv output, and wireless streaming capabilities. The downside appears you still need a computer to act as your media server but maybe I'm wrong.

hmm... seems like more of a novelty than anything, on to the iPhone!!! (or so I wish)

a novelty?

my music library is 2x the size of my iPod. now i can play everything through my home theater system, instead of just what's on my iPod.

without a DVR, i used to have to watch downloaded tv shows on my little PC. now i can watch them on my home theater and big HDTV.

more than a novelty for some of us, i assure you.

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

9:43am - "And the third is a breakthrough internet communications device." Tepid response on that last one, but he almost got a standing ovation on the phone.

"An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator. An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator.... these are NOT three separate devices!"

"And we are calling it iPhone!"

a novelty?

my music library is 2x the size of my iPod. now i can play everything through my home theater system, instead of just what's on my iPod.

without a DVR, i used to have to watch downloaded tv shows on my little PC. now i can watch them on my home theater and big HDTV.

more than a novelty for some of us, i assure you.

OH I agree with you, I was merely saying it's more of a novelty for me right now. I will be picking one up, just later on...

"9:23 am 2percent [Zune] market share"

In other words, just 1% off the marketshare that Apple holds in desktops and laptops... and in just 3 months.

Extremely impressive, Microsoft!