Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

I doubt it, Verizon wont change to GSM and they are the largest provider by a HUGE margin in the USA... Verizon dictates the market in this case, not apple, if anything happened verizon would tell apple to make a CDMA phone, not the other way around

Cingular is larger than Verizon... :whistle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobil...twork_operators

Are you kidding? Cingular is huge. Cingular and T-Mobile are both very big carriers, Cingular might be the biggest here.

uh you really might want to check the numbers, Verizon is magnitueds bigger then Cingular in the provider lists, and not going by a wikipedia article... the actual provider ranking lists..

they have 4.15x more towers across the contry alone per each cingular tower... they basically run the USA cell network... Cingular doesn't even cover 45% of the entire country... Verizon has a 85.6% coverage...

Why? 8GB flash is good! You get that in a Nano.. why not in a phone?! :)
they shouldnt tout it as a way to play movies and only give you 8 gigs

As good as this looks, i wonder how sms messaging is implemented on it. I know the US ain't too fond of sms, but the rest of the world is. Not covered. Also 8GB capacity ... i'm primarily looking to replace my 30GB iPod. I'd love a HDD based version without the Phone parts, but retaining the screen, touch interface and GUI

Heh.. and I thought the Wii was in short supply. Its gonna be ages before you can just walk into a shop and pick one of these up I think :(

they shouldnt tout it as a way to play movies and only give you 8 gigs

Only 8GB? Man, that suits me fine! Plus, you have to remember the resolution for movies for it shouldn't be huge, so I don't expect them to be too large of a file size.

Honestly, it's the ability to play full-length movies on the phone that's impressive. Why be greedy right now? It's still early. It's Apple... you know there's going to be upgrades along the way.

Does the iPod has an Apple logo on it's front or in it's menu? No.

I wonder if the regular iPod will get updated to these standards anytime soon. :/

Actually, you're right. It's got to be the only Apple product with no logo clearly visible on the front.

I have a feeling this phone won't work in Canada right away... but I want one so bad....

Well not ALL the features.....

I'm still going to import one though.

Wifi connection, does this mean browser capable? IM? id really want this feature

i see this product being able to be used right away, GSM, but i dont see this product released and shipped right away, maybe march?

NEVERMIND confirmed safari on iphone.... WTF *blown away again*

I want that so bad but there's no way i'd switch to cingular.

Why, if verizon gets it they will disable half the features.